PDA

View Full Version : MUST SEE: CHRIS SIMON CHEAPSHOT!

JD
03-08-2007, 10:24 PM
Whether that guy is ok or not, he should be gone from the NHL for good..unbelievable!!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ht6RyAI9370"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ht6RyAI9370" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

LtFinFan66
03-08-2007, 10:27 PM
Damn!!

JD
03-08-2007, 10:32 PM
That has to be at least a one year ban, MINIMUM!

Watch, he gets 2 games and owes Bettman 3 blowjobs

Mitchy moo
03-08-2007, 10:45 PM
brutal. It's things like this that happen when they let things go.

Ebenezer
03-08-2007, 11:24 PM
Life time ban and criminal penalties. If you did that to somebody at your workplace you would be fired and arrested. Why should sports players be any different. It is their "career" - their JOB.

And this shows how corrupt the NHLPA is. Aren't they supposed to be protecting all players? Shouldn't they scream the loudest if the NHL doesn't take all the necessary steps to protect "their brotherhood" (sic) from being permanently injured on the job? Disgusting.

The NHL must do something significant. This is starting to happen with too much regularity. If they do not the end result will be that somebody will die on the ice someday. I love good clean checks and a fight isn't bad from time to time but the thuggery has to go. Even the fights lately have been lame (Clump and I went to the Philly game a couple of weeks ago and there were two fights that could have been on Dancing with the Stars - awful). Take it all out of hockey and I wouldn't care.

CuseJetsFan83
03-09-2007, 12:35 AM
sadly he will be shelved for only the year, and probably 10-20 games at the beginning of next year/playoffs (if any)

will he be banned for life, no... they've let worse go on...... but i just wonder if they will try to justify it.... notice how he got hit before hand, and that was his way of retribution....... either way, DUMB MOVE!!

THATHURMANATOR
03-09-2007, 12:53 AM
Get this dirtbag out of the league. What the **** was he thinking?

Dude
03-09-2007, 07:04 AM
Holy ****! There's no place for that in the NHL.

RockStar36
03-09-2007, 07:09 AM
Wow. It gets worse and worse this season. The NHL really needs to do something about this. They are so worried about the popularity of the league and it won't improve with things like this going on.

Earthquake Enyart
03-09-2007, 07:17 AM
He needs a Bertuzzi-like suspension.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-09-2007, 07:44 AM
I don't care what anyone else says, that is worse that the McSorley and Bertuzzi hits. Lifetime suspension, no question.

camelcowboy
03-09-2007, 09:04 AM
Holy ****! There's no place for that in the NHL.

The NHL has shown they will accept just about anything.

SabreEleven
03-09-2007, 09:51 AM
What? I see nothing wrong with that. The is the kind of "entertainment" the NHL is promoting. Bettman must have slept like a baby last night.

MikeInRoch
03-09-2007, 10:12 AM
I agree. Lifetime suspension.

camelcowboy
03-09-2007, 10:32 AM
What? I see nothing wrong with that. The is the kind of "entertainment" the NHL is promoting. Bettman must have slept like a baby last night.

Im to the point that if the NHL is not going to seriously address cheap hits, then they should just throw out the whole damn rule books. Let the players police themselves then. Instead the NHL has rules to prevent teams from policing themselves. The instigator rules, the suspensions for third man in. If your going allow cheap shots allow the teams a chance to make it right on the ice. Screw it, make the NHL like the Roman colosium. Maybe Players should be allowed to Jump kick using their skates. Why not? The NHL should just go all out and reward teams points in the standings for each game a hurt player misses because of a cheap shot. This is BS. Drury, Kaberle, the dude from the ducks game a couple nights ago, total chaios.

SabreEleven
03-09-2007, 10:34 AM
Hey, it got the NHL national attention, so this must be the way to go. :rolleyes:

JD
03-09-2007, 11:05 AM
I am embarssed to be a fan of the NHL.

JD
03-09-2007, 11:07 AM
SERIOUSLY. IF I WAS ON THE RANGERS... I WOULD HAVE JUMPED OFF THAT ****ING BENCH AND JUST BEAT THE LIVING **** OUT OF THAT SCUMBAG!! NOBODY DID ****!

Michael82
03-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Holy ****! What a ****ing *******! He should be banned!!! :mad: :puke:

don137
03-09-2007, 11:29 AM
I am sure if it was against a star player like Xrosby he may of been kicked out for good...Since it was against a nobody I say he only will be kicked out for the rest of the season and 25 games of next season

Michael82
03-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Actually, I hope he goes to jail. That would be assault with a weapon. If I was Ryan Hollweg, i'd sue the **** out of him and press charges.

chernobylwraiths
03-09-2007, 11:43 AM
Life time ban and criminal penalties. If you did that to somebody at your workplace you would be fired and arrested. Why should sports players be any different.

If you cleanly checked someone into a wall at work you would be fired and possibly arrested too. Even if they DID have the puck.

camelcowboy
03-09-2007, 12:06 PM
If you cleanly checked someone into a wall at work you would be fired and possibly arrested too. Even if they DID have the puck.

How many pucks do you have at work get real, Simon hit him in the face with a stick. It wasn't a accidental high stick which is a hazard of the job, it was clear intentional blow to the head. Thats a crime in any other walk of life the NHL shouldn't be a exception.

JD
03-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Sadly, New York State does not have an assault with a deadly weapon statute.

JD
03-09-2007, 12:09 PM
If actually taken to court it COULD however be 2nd degree assault because of intent but not 1st since there was nothing broken physically on the guy (see.. NYS punishes like the NHL, by result..which is S T U P I D)

Earthquake Enyart
03-09-2007, 12:11 PM
Screw your crybaby lawsuits. Clean his clock the next time you see him on the ice. Settle it like men.

camelcowboy
03-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Screw your crybaby lawsuits. Clean his clock the next time you see him on the ice. Settle it like men.

My point is that the NHL will do more to punish the team that trys to settle up then the dueche who makes the dirty hit. I for one would like to see the player police themselves.

Dr. Lecter
03-09-2007, 12:20 PM

Yeah, that is a good idea. Goon thugerry for goon thugerry.

Kick his ass out of the league.

camelcowboy
03-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Yeah, that is a good idea. Goon thugerry for goon thugerry.

Kick his ass out of the league.

Kick his ass out of the league would be my first vote. How strong of a message would that send to all the morons? That would solve some problems, but if the NHL is going to pussyfoot and give 10-20 games some players make think it's worth it. The league needs to Take more control and send a message, or they should step back and leave it up to the teams to control this, because this middle ground crap isn't working.

Typ0
03-09-2007, 06:42 PM
Sadly, New York State does not have an assault with a deadly weapon statute.

this does bring up a good question. the proper charge here would be battery. But how can there be battery with no assault? Yet the action of playing with a stick is either a physical threat or it isn't. Assault is based on threat. Battery is based on physical touch.

Ebenezer
03-09-2007, 06:49 PM
regardless...should there not be some legal recourse? if any of us did it at our jobs we would be legally responsible.

Typ0
03-09-2007, 06:59 PM
regardless...should there not be some legal recourse? if any of us did it at our jobs we would be legally responsible.

yes, it's battery in the least attempted murder at most. kinda hard to argue though since the players operate with the sticks.

Ebenezer
03-09-2007, 07:02 PM
yes, it's battery in the least attempted murder at most. kinda hard to argue though since the players operate with the sticks.
serious question - could a cop (either on duty or in the stands, literally have walked onto the ice and "investigated" or "arrested" him?

Typ0
03-09-2007, 07:03 PM
serious question - could a cop (either on duty or in the stands, literally have walked onto the ice and "investigated" or "arrested" him?

as long as it's in his jurisdiction a cop can arrest anyone.

Ebenezer
03-09-2007, 07:23 PM
as long as it's in his jurisdiction a cop can arrest anyone.
not that would happen while a game was going on.