PDA

View Full Version : Damn, you guys are hardcore

Jaydog57
03-08-2007, 11:36 PM
Wow, what happened? I thought you guys were all pro-McGahee, after kicking Henry to the curb. Now, 2 years later, McGahee is on line for that one. You guys don't waste time, if they don't work, they're out! I guess you guys are banking on Dillon coming to Buffalo. Jeez, he only had one season under Jauron, I guess that was enough to figure out he wouldn't work out. Harsh man, harsh. But it's your team, so I give you total :respect: in your decision. Good luck and see you this season! :peace:

Ebenezer
03-08-2007, 11:44 PM
Do I need to go back to 2003 draft day and find my post on how much I did not want him here?

Jaydog57
03-08-2007, 11:48 PM
Maybe not you, but I remember reading many posts of pure joy when he was signed, and the same when Henry was on the way out. Well, you guys know what's best for your team so go with it.:dance:

mikemac2001
03-08-2007, 11:51 PM
Mcgahee was a disappoint, he didnt play with heart and wasnt a good locker room guy. he didnt want to be here and we werent gonna resign him. he is probally gonna be better then anyone we have this year but hopefully we draft a RB and move on.

I liked henry he always played with heart and was a tuff runner for us, problem was he fumbled and we couldnt keep both on roster. all in all i think both trades did work out.

LtFinFan66
03-09-2007, 01:58 AM
Do I need to go back to 2003 draft day and find my post on how much I did not want him here?yes

Ebenezer
03-09-2007, 03:01 AM
well, here is one

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=198061&postcount=19

having trouble going back to 2003 unless there has been a post in that thread after 2004.

Tinboy
03-09-2007, 05:37 AM
McGahee failed on all acounts. I was happy after his first season but this season, utter disappointment. 5 TDs 2005 and 6 2006 that not good enough!

Mitchy moo
03-09-2007, 06:01 AM
990 total yards last season? for the best RB in the league in his mind?

Dude needs to wake up & smell the coffee.

BADTHINGSMAN
03-09-2007, 06:29 AM
Not a team player, didnt study his playbook, money player, 11TD's in 2 years, no break away speed.. He is basically a backup RB with all that..

Jan Reimers
03-09-2007, 06:32 AM
Fans will forgive almost anything, except a guy who just doesn't care.

ddaryl
03-09-2007, 06:37 AM
Willis did it to himself.

don137
03-09-2007, 06:53 AM
Usually Buffalo fans totally embrace the players that don a Buffalo uniform, whether it be the Sabres or the Bills. Willis McGahee seemed to be the exception.

Buffalo is a blue collar town. You give 110% and they will love you. Embrace the city and they will embrace you. WM did neither.

Bills fans noticed a while ago that WM never seemed to give 110%. Unless the Bills were playing the Jets he often would go down after initial contact and never seem willing to take on that extra hit and fight for that extra yard. Buffalo fans also got frustrated with inability to pick up the blitz. He did get a little better later in the year but there were numerous times that WM would either barely touch the blitzer or not touch him at all. He has poor vision. How many times did he not see the hole coming or adjust to the hole and just dance. Nothing was more apparent than the Chargers/Bills game last year. During that game you could see the difference between LT and WM. LT was so quick to the hole and would run for 5-10 yards. WM would get the same hole but would dance and stutter step instead of hitting the hole. That gave defenders that extra split second to see the run and close the hole thus causing little ot no gain.
Thus, not giving 110% and not embracing the city is why Bills fans are saying "dont let the door hit you on your way out WM."

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-09-2007, 06:59 AM
I am a fan of who is on the team. However, once they leave the team it is easy to jump aboard on the hate. However, I have a different take on this guy and it wasn't Tom Donahoe who was responsible. It was his agent. I, like many, were sold on this guy because of what his agent told everyone. He said how great this guy is and his injury is in the past, etc. Well, he was a good salseman because McGahee hardly delivered on any of what we were told he was. The biggest thing was his homerun threat capability, well we all know how that turned out, four years and one big touchdown run. The one thing I will give him is he had guts. He played hard and gave it all, well, at least when he felt like it.

Then he goes and says "anti-Buffalo" statements in Penthouse. Now, I didn't take offense to what he said, but a majority of fans did. It was quite obvious that the team didn't want him and wanted him out for probably the same reasons and it became clear that he didn't want to be hear (a big no-no to Buffalo fans).

The guy really didn't win you football games. I can't remember to many games where he was the man in the games.

I hope he does well, which I think he will, but I think fans around here were sold on something that they really didn't get. We were told we were getting file mignon and all we got was a decent steak.

Mitchy moo
03-09-2007, 07:18 AM
We were told we were getting file mignon and all we got was a decent steak.

More like a POS.

Earthquake Enyart
03-09-2007, 07:20 AM
I think his IQ is about the same as his uniform number.

TacklingDummy
03-09-2007, 07:24 AM
Wow, what happened?

McGahee missed a block which got God killed.

They need a scapegoat to blame for the Bills offense being so poor last year. Heaven forbid if they actually blamed the "leader" of the offense.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-09-2007, 07:29 AM
More like a POS.

No, he is a top 10, maybe 15, back in the league. Buffalo expected top 5. He isn't a POS.