• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Predict The Bills RB Scenerio Over The Next 2 Months - No Wrong Answers

This is just guessing what our RB situation will look like, after the Draft. Bills have Shaud Williams, Euro Fred Jackson and no one else showing. Yikes ! We need another 3 RB's minimum.

My Guess:

1. The Bills will explore getting Michael Turner from San Diego, for the right price. If not him, they'll move on to a couple other teams and offer at least a 3rd rounder to get an established vet. Someone with a good all-around game (run and catch).

2. Marshawn Lynch will NOT be our 1st round pick. Has some off-field concerns. Acts and talks like Willis. Not big on catching the ball or blocking. Has never been out of California. ( High School - Oakland, College - Berkley ).

3. Brandon Jackson of Nebraska, Brian Leonard of Rutgers or Lorenzo Booker of Florida St. The Bills will pick one of these guys in Round 2 or 3.
    Jackson looks like a Thurman clone with more speed (4.41) Fairchild would love this guy. Good runner, great hands.
    Leonard is only a 4.55 guy but is big, tough between the tackles and has great hands and smarts. Booker is Warrick Dunn lite. A change of pace RB who gets 12-14 touches a game, due to his incredible open field ability. We'll pick one of these 3.

4. Chris Brown, Rhodes, Anthony Thomas - nothing more than fallback options that don't do much for the Bills. Rhodes and Brown believe they're better than they really are. A. Thomas is all heart but painfully slow. We'll keep looking at their type and won't panic if they sign elsewhere. Insurance policy types to sign and little else.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • User Manuel
    The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
    • Nov 2003

Re: Predict The Bills RB Scenerio Over The Next 2 Months - No Wrong Answers

1) They will sign Reuben Droughns after Cleveland releases him.

2) They will draft Michael Bush in 2nd or 3rd round.

3) Brian Leonard in the 3rd round.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Originally posted by Lawesome97
      1) They will sign Reuben Droughns after Cleveland releases him.

2) They will draft Michael Bush in 2nd or 3rd round.

3) Brian Leonard in the 3rd round.
      I'd put some "ors" between lines, particularly 2) and 3).
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

The Bills will not signa FA that has already visited them

They will pick one of; Brandon Jackson, Chris Henry, Antonio Pittman, or Kenny Irons
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Stewie
          Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
          • Aug 2002

Marv will use one/some of the picks acquired for McGahee to move up and grab a guy he wants bad.

The Bills will sign Dillon because no one else will have him #1 on the depth chart right away.
          Originally posted by Topdog
          Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
          Originally posted by mercyrule
          I love Weiner.
          Originally posted by mercyrule
          also cheese

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2002

I'll wait for Pat Moran to post and copy him.

Comment

• Kenny
              • Aug 2004

1. I think that they'll inquire about getting Turner.... I hope we can work out a deal for this guy.

2. After that we'll look at the draft. Lynch is decent, but at #12, -I just think it' s too high. We might do what we did last year and package our second with a 3rd pick and move back in the first to get Lynch (go for Willis and Lynch).

3. We go after Booker or Irons in Round 3 of the draft.

4. If we dont do anything prior to the draft, and dont use any day1 picks on a rb... we go after Chris Brown or Rueben Droughns afterwards.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                Legendary Zoner
                • Jul 2002

I don't think Turner is an every down back who can take 25 carries a game.

I don't think we'll take Lynch or Booker based upon their "Character"

I don't think we'll draft a RB in round 1 unless we trade down. I think we'll trade with the Bears again and swap our 1st for the Bears 1st and the 2nd they just got from the Jets.

I think we'll resign A-train.

I think we'll sign Rhodes.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                  I don't think Turner is an every down back who can take 25 carries a game.

I don't think we'll take Lynch or Booker based upon their "Character"

I don't think we'll draft a RB in round 1 unless we trade down. I think we'll trade with the Bears again and swap our 1st for the Bears 1st and the 2nd they just got from the Jets.

I think we'll resign A-train.

I think we'll sign Rhodes.
                  I agree with your first three statements

and I only think we'll sign one FA back
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• don137
                    • Jul 2002

They will draft a veteran and draft a player using either there second or third round picks potentially doing what they did last year and trade there second round and third round to move up. The #12 overall pick will not be used for a RB.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                      I agree with your first three statements

and I only think we'll sign one FA back
                      We may sign Rhodes and ATrain and not draft a RB.

We may have a Bears draft where every single pick is a defensive player.

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
                        • Jul 2002

The Bills will:
                        1) Sign C. Brown
                        2) Re-sign A. Thomas
                        3) Draft Leonard in the 2nd Round

Comment

• EDS
                          • Jan 2003

1. I think they sign one of Brown, Rhodes, Droughns or Thomas.

2. I think they draft someone in round 3 or so like Antonio Pittman.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

The Bills will send a 5th round pick to Cleveland for Droughns.

Draft Pittman in round 2 or 3 to back him up/change of pace.

Keep Shaud around for Marv and Ralphie's tea and crumpets.

Euro-trash Jackson will have another tour over there.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                              • Apr 2003

i beg to difer on marshaun lynch he is a pass catching rb

View the profile of Seattle Seahawks Running Back Marshawn Lynch on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

34 grabs last year in college as a rb thats about 3 a game for college style ball thats alot of grabs hes a screen master

Comment

Working...
                              X