PDA

View Full Version : I think Spikes stays, A-Train resigned

X-Era
03-09-2007, 06:11 AM
Jauron was actually a bit Dick-ish when asked if Spikes asked to be traded. His response was that they dont care what the player wants. Basically, they will do whats best for the team. He was probed some more about Spikes and basically confirmed that Spikes is our starting OLB, end of story.

Now, Spikes wasnt himself last year. He may never be himself again. But at 80%, hes still better than alot of OLB's out there. Can we draft a UPGRADE? Well, it would most likely have to be someone very early. Frankly, Im not sure anyone in this draft would be better than 80% Spikes at OLB.

No, I see Spikes being our OLB next year. We lost 3 starters and havent replaced them as of yet, Willis, Clements, Fletch. I see no reason to get rid of Spikes and make it 4. Besides, he was riddled with injuries last year. Hes going to have a whole offseason to rest and get ready. I wouldnt be suprised if he came back all the way.

Jauron also mentioned that they are working to resign A-Train, they want him back. I honestly think he will resign and I like him better than much of the other options. Hes at least started a season, and has produced at a high level that season. Thats more than you can say for Rhodes, or Browns. Hes younger than Dillon. He 13 games and ran for over 1000, then another year started 14 and ran for over 1000. Now, Droughns ran for over 1000 inback to back years with Denver and then his first year with Cleveland. Hes also a year younger than Thomas. But hes going to want more money. Thomas knows the systems and players and appears to be well liked.

I think we lock up Thomas at a hometown discount soon.

mybills
03-09-2007, 06:15 AM
Spikes. :idunno: Rhodes/A-Train. :up:

Saratoga Slim
03-09-2007, 08:47 AM
I'd like to have Atrain back. He played nicely when he filled in for Willis. I'd rather see us draft a speedy RB to complement him than sign another vet. I like Chris Brown, he's a good back, but I don't want to have to count on him staying healthy.
Rhodes would be allright, but I think he's probably looking for a pretty big payday, he's not really an elite back, and I think we could get someone younger, cheaper and just as good in the 2nd round.

ShadowHawk7
03-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Didn't DJ also confirm that Crowell was our new starting MLB? So does that eliminate the possibility of Willis in the 1st?

RockStar36
03-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Didn't DJ also confirm that Crowell was our new starting MLB? So does that eliminate the possibility of Willis in the 1st?

Not that I know of.

The idea of Lynch is great but I like the idea of Spikes/Crowell/Willis better.