• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff1220
    H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

A new WR will come...

...through the draft.

Even if te Bills sign a FA WR, that will just be patchwork. A new WR will be drafted for the long term fix. I'm guessing it'll be in sometime from round 2 to round 4. Who is available that could be a steal at that point in the draft? Wasn't R.Germany a 7th rounder?
  • Dannyboy
    Stayn' alive
    • Nov 2002

I like Reed.

Comment

• Dannyboy
      Stayn' alive
      • Nov 2002

What's wrong with Reed?

Comment

• Brian H
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Nov 2002

Reed is young and some people are worried if he can handle a starting spot so early in his career.Recievers like A.Reed,Moulds and even Price needed to get experience under there belt to start which J.Reed needs as well .
        ProFootballCentral.com

Comment

• Dannyboy
          Stayn' alive
          • Nov 2002

I think Reed can handle it. He shows a lot of maturity.

Comment

• Aero II
            RWS Grounds Keeper. Why won't my grass grow?
            • Jul 2002

Reed will be great, but he can't fill 2 roster spots. We still need another WR.

Comment

• shelby
              The Vanilla admin
              • Jul 2002

:church: says Reed isn't fast enough. Thoughts?

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Reed is stronger and quicker than price not faster but quicker. Also you will see Josh Reed break alot more tackles than price did. Go Bills!

Comment

• shelby
                  The Vanilla admin
                  • Jul 2002

i hope Reed can be the #2 guy. i suppose that depends on who we acquire.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by shelby
                    :church: says Reed isn't fast enough. Thoughts?
                    Thoughts?

Sure!

Many say that, but they must have been watching different games than I was. I saw Reed movin' around pretty daggoned well for a rookie WR. I don't think speed is the issue that many make it.

I'll even step up and say that our passing O will be much more efficient this year. I.e., I'll say that we'll have around the same # of TDs on far fewer yards and attempts. We're finally gonna see, unless Gilbride pulls the same stunts he pulled last season, that a solid rushing game coupled w/ an excellent defense will make a good passing game that much better w/o all the attempts and therefore the risks, meaning sacks and TOs.
                    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                      Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                      • Jul 2002

To clarify, no doubt Price has the streaking speed over Reed, but Reed has onfield quickness like few other WRs IMO. That is invalubable, often far more so than pure speed. There have been numerous WRs over the years w/ the speed of Price w/o other aspects to their games too.

Price is not the best route runner, he's not great after the catch unless he's wide open and streaking, he's fairly one-dimensional. Shawn Jefferson was one such WR who had Price's speed but no other skills. Look what he did. There's another classic that I was thinking about who's name fails me.

I'm tellin' ya, let's see how Price does in Atlanta this year before determining how good he was vice the system which ranks among the NFL's most passing attempts ever.

You must also remember, if he was that good, then where was the production? It was OK. But our passing O put up only 24 TDs, which is great for an offense that passed for 3,300 yards. But for an offense that pitched for over 4,000, it's nothing special.

I honestly think we'll match last years passing TD total, or come darn close, on ~ 20% fewer yards, say around 3,500.

My guess as to how well Price will do is nominal. I suspect he'll have some huge games, 5 or 6 against weaker defensive opponents where he posts most of his numbers, but that against the better teams he blows. If in fact he's nearly as good as many have said, then he should have absolutely no difficulty posting at least 1,200 yards and easilydouble-digit TD totals.

If I had to guess now however, I'd say 8 TDs on 1,100 yards. I can see him having a bunch of games in the 40-50 yard range too.

Meanwhile, I see Reed having 1,100 yards and 8-10 TDs as well. I can see Moulds' #s increasing to 12-14 TDs on 1,300 or 1,400 yards. We shouldn't see the dichotomy this year that we did last between Moulds and Reed. I'll say the O will have 26-30 passing TDs on fewer attempts even though we're running the ball more.
                      Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Schobel94
                        The Sack Master
                        • Jan 2003

Yeah, what he said. All Reed supporters band together!
                        Beware the sack master!

Comment

Working...
                        X