• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Bills: Worst offseason in the NFL

Before you neg, groan the hell out of me, this is NOT my personal opinion, I'm just the messenger.

Smith said the Pats had the best off-season by adding Thomas and Welker, and we had the worst because we lost Fletcher, Clements, and McGahee and haven't replaced any of them.

I do have to say two things. First the Jets, Pats, and arguably the Fish have all improved this off-season, so life in our division will once again be a living hell. Second, losing McGahee doesn't really concern me because there are a bunch of RB's available in FA and the draft, but our D is in big trouble. We needed to upgrade, but instead we lost two starters and haven't added a single defensive player. The FO is putting WAY too much stuck into hoping these young guys come into their own, and it's gonna burn us.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills: Worst offseason in the NFL

I do think that next year will be a lot like the last. All the stars would have to align for us to sneak into the playoffs.

We are 2 good drafts away from seriously contending.

Comment

• Elminster
      #1 Kelsay Fan
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37
      Before you neg, groan the hell out of me, this is NOT my personal opinion, I'm just the messenger.

Smith said the Pats had the best off-season by adding Thomas and Welker, and we had the worst because we lost Fletcher, Clements, and McGahee and haven't replaced any of them.

I do have to say two things. First the Jets, Pats, and arguably the Fish have all improved this off-season, so life in our division will once again be a living hell. Second, losing McGahee doesn't really concern me because there are a bunch of RB's available in FA and the draft, but our D is in big trouble. We needed to upgrade, but instead we lost two starters and haven't added a single defensive player. The FO is putting WAY too much stuck into hoping these young guys come into their own, and it's gonna burn us.
      Because it's not like signing every veteran in sight ever failed us, did it? Why don't you watch 'em play before you pass judgement? Get over the no doubt TD-based pessimism('cause his young guys rarely if ever stepped up to get anything other than their checks) and just trust in the Marv for once...
      Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

Which Smith said this?
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

Never mind, I just saw the subtitle.

How does he grade the offseason when it is only partially over?
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
            • Jul 2002

Michael Smith, the basketball analyst. Since when did he become a football expert.

Comment

• Romes
              • Jul 2002

worst offseason just like the worst draft in 2006, right?

In Marv I Trust
              Originally posted by paladin warrior
              RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• The King
                Without me it's just Awe so
                • Jun 2004

I would say its been the Giants... they have lost half their team and havent replaced them. But then again I am not a complete ****tard like Smith.
                I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                It was all
                true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Jul 2002

After yesterday, I think the Ravens have had the worst offseason.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
                    Michael Smith, the basketball analyst. Since when did he become a football expert.
                    maybe I got the name wrong- I wasn't really paying attention until they started talking about the Bills.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Elminster
                      Because it's not like signing every veteran in sight ever failed us, did it? Why don't you watch 'em play before you pass judgement? Get over the no doubt TD-based pessimism('cause his young guys rarely if ever stepped up to get anything other than their checks) and just trust in the Marv for once...
                      Our D sucked last year.

And who exactly am I supposed to watch play? We lost two starters and replaced them with... no one. Forget veterans- right now we don't even have enough bodies for LB or CB.

First, do you really think we're going to have as much "success" drafting defenders this year as we did last year? Second, the first year guys did OK but their lack of experience definitely showed at times- our D isn't good enough to overcome that.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

Don't forget the Bills resigned Coy Wire, Shaud Williams, Lindell, Kelsey and signed Whittle, Dockery and Walker. Those are big time moves. /Sarcasm off

Comment

• Statman
                          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37

Contrary to the opinions of some here this team has absolutely no direction.

Our only substantial upgrade was Dockery over Gandy and some of that is due to addition by subtraction. Dockery is good, but he's not Hutch/Steinbach money good by anyone's assessment.

Otherwise we haven't upgraded anywhere. Kelsay wasn't an upgrade, he was merely big money for the same mediocre product we had last year on a near last ranked defensive line.

Dockery was nice, but adding one guard to a line that needed upgrades in four of five spots isn't going to propel us into the playoffs. His addition did nothing for pass protection because he is not known for his pass blocking.

As of now, the other three teams in the division have either stayed put or moved ahead while we have clearly gotten worse.

What's to prevent teams from gaining over five yards per carry on us next season is a good question. Also, who's gonna stop teams from improving their passing games on us. A pair of pass rushing defensive ends and a couple of safeties cannot possibly carry the entire defense.
                          Facts speak louder than opinions

Comment

• Statman
                            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                            Don't forget the Bills resigned Coy Wire, Shaud Williams, Lindell, Kelsey and signed Whittle, Dockery and Walker. Those are big time moves. /Sarcasm off
                            LOL

Interestingly, depending upon who you ask, that's probably correct. LOL

The same people are trying to sell the notion that Langston Walker is anything but a very mediocre starter that's now obscenely overpaid.
                            Facts speak louder than opinions

Comment

• djjimkelly
                              • Apr 2003

yeah hes ridiculous. i dont get why everyone is so on fletchers tip as a middle linebacker. i think they look at league leaders on nfl .com and think he was the straw that stirs the drink little do they know all of his tackles where for 5 yard gain id would truly say like 80% of them. we lose the highest paid FA in league history people think we lost best cb ever. now dont get me wrong i think loss of nate will hurt us. and willis is the only house hold name non football fans would know and we axed him. to the avg fan we do look like we had a bad offseason.......

IMO us signing 2 o line is one of the biggest moves in enitire nfl. i dont care who rb is if there arent holes u cant run. u think its cooincidence KC loses holmes johnson comes in doesnt miss a beat. it isnt its all the o line creating holes i could rush for a 100 yards thur( provided someone didnt break my neck on the first tackle lol) to any idiot that thinks football is won with only fast skill position guys we look like we did real bad. to anyone who truly understands football.. that game is won with the lines that RB is the overrated position in the league we have been solid this offseason.

all this being said we need to address RB big time in draft even though i think u can plug and play most competant backs in any offense marv and co look like they want a thurman clone to play RB and LYNCH is what we need i dont care about him running ball we can find almost anyone to do that. its the fact he can catch and make stuff in open field happen like an extra wr in passing situations.

Comment

Working...
                              X