• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Talk0fNewYork
    ~ I Can't Feel My Face ~
    • Jan 2007

The Way I See This Offseason

Players We Lost

Nate Clements- A great talent, but played when he wanted to. No player like that is worth 80 Million, we pretty much got 3 upgrades on the o-line for 5 million less then it would have costed to retain him.

London Fletcher- A great leader, great tackler, and great mentor. His age, physical stature, and lack of the ability to make plays at the l.o.s is what sent him packing. For as much as i'd like to retain him there are plenty of prospects in the draft that could flourish in this defensive system.

Willis McGahee- He never lived up to the hype, Donahoe ignored other needs to take a chance on a injured back (no wonder why we sent him packing last year) Willis failed to be a good teammate, while failing to produce on the field (11 td's last two years, 13 in his first) that will send any back packing. There a plenty of options (Peterson, Lynch, etc.)

Players Signed

Derrick Dockery- He and Jason Peters should be able to form on of the top left sides of an offensive line. That will open holes for any RB that we can get to fill in, while giving JP more time to get the ball down field.

Langston Walker- This guy is HUGE! Now let's hope we can get him to play like it. He's probably better suited for guard but I can see him at tackle while Preston, Butler, Merz, and Whittle battle for the RG spot.

Jason Whittle- As previous Mcnally/Playoff experience, that is huge for a line that has never even sniffed the postseason. He knows how and what it takes to get into the playoffs. Very versitile, while he may be able to challenge for a starting spot.

Holes To Fill

Running Back- There are a couple backs out there (Brown,A-Train) and there is a couple of trade possibilities. I'd go with Rhodes and a Rookie to back him up.

Defensive Tackle- I'd take a run at Scott or Reagor, if not we'll have to look in the draft.

Linebacker- I really don't see any linebacker worth going after, the draft is where we gotta look.

Cornerback- Youboty and Greer will most likely battle for the 3rd/4th spot while we should try for Rod Hood, Nick Harper, Or attempt to re-sign Thomas.

Draft

1st Round- Okoye, Willis, and Lynch will most likely all be there, they are all logical picks.

2nd Round- This is where we should look for a young back. An explosive pass catcher would be idea.

3rd Round A- Defensive tackle would be nice, a strong run stopper would be idea.

3rd Round B- We could go young corner, big wide out, anything's logical.

4th-7th- We'll let Marv do his magic.

Conclusion

Please don't judge untill we see the final project this season, just support our team and remember IN MARV WE TRUST.
    Last edited by Talk0fNewYork; 03-09-2007, 01:59 PM.
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: The Way I See This Offseason

Cant disagree with much of this at all.. Good post.

the only thing I will say is that losing Fletcher and Clements is going to take time replace effectively, probably will take more than just this season.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Good post, TONY. I wouldn't be surprised to see us take, in no particular order, a LB, RB, DT and CB on day one of the draft. That would fill some holes.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
        Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
        • Mar 2003

Agreed Jan.
        "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
        -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
        X