X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

Draft questions.

I just started looking at draft stuff. So forgive me if I'm way off base.

Looks like we need a RB and a CB most.

is it possible to pull what we did last year and move our 2nd and one of our 3rd's in order to grab a 2nd first rounder?

then maybe we grab a Lynch/ Hall or Lynch/ Best Corner on the board?

I've looked at a bunch of Mocks and most have Lynch going to Green Bay at 16. I know how most people WAY over value draft picks, but if this guy is a virtual certainty to go to GB at 16, I wouldn't think that it would be that big of a deal to grab him 4 picks earlier at 12.

I'd rather grab Hall at 12 and try to get Lynch at 20-25 (where ever we can move) but if GB's going to snatch him up, why not grab him early.

The team has shown in the past that they're not afraid to take a guy slightly early.

So if we can grab Lynch at 12 and leverage a 2nd and 3rd to move back into the first round between 20-25, we could pick up the best corner on the board making him our starter.

Then we resign A-Train and keep Spikes.

Kelsey, McCargo, Tripplette, Schobel (sp)

Spikes, Crowell, Ellison

Mcgee, Simpson, Whitner, 2nd Number 1 pick.

On O, we use Lynch and A-train at RB.
    Resign our own guys!
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Draft questions.

We've had like 6 first rounders in 4 years ... or something like that. We should be getting talented enough by now.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• camelcowboy
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Patrick76777
      I just started looking at draft stuff. So forgive me if I'm way off base.

Looks like we need a RB and a CB most.

is it possible to pull what we did last year and move our 2nd and one of our 3rd's in order to grab a 2nd first rounder?

then maybe we grab a Lynch/ Hall or Lynch/ Best Corner on the board?

I've looked at a bunch of Mocks and most have Lynch going to Green Bay at 16. I know how most people WAY over value draft picks, but if this guy is a virtual certainty to go to GB at 16, I wouldn't think that it would be that big of a deal to grab him 4 picks earlier at 12.

I'd rather grab Hall at 12 and try to get Lynch at 20-25 (where ever we can move) but if GB's going to snatch him up, why not grab him early.

The team has shown in the past that they're not afraid to take a guy slightly early.

So if we can grab Lynch at 12 and leverage a 2nd and 3rd to move back into the first round between 20-25, we could pick up the best corner on the board making him our starter.

Then we resign A-Train and keep Spikes.

Kelsey, McCargo, Tripplette, Schobel (sp)

Spikes, Crowell, Ellison

Mcgee, Simpson, Whitner, 2nd Number 1 pick.

On O, we use Lynch and A-train at RB.
      The cover two really doesn't put priority on the corner position. The bills imo will probally try to take corner later rounds who is more a ballhawk who plays well in zone. Nathan Vasher 3rd pick of the bears 3 years ago for example. Jason David 4th rounder colts. Your not looking for a corner who can shut down people man to man. I think they want a middle linebacker who can blow up the run, and who can cover the deep middle. Willis i believe is their man. There is a log jam of RB's in the second third round area. I believe the bills have one of them targeted.

Comment

• Jaybird
        • Dec 2005

youboty might start!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• camelcowboy
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Jaybird
          Wouldn't shock me in the least

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jaybird
            Originally posted by camelcowboy
            Wouldn't shock me in the least
            but it should scare you. The guy has virtually 0 game experience. Remember how bad McGee was his first year starting at corner? We need a vet CB to start at the beginning of the year so Youboty can play nickel and take the starting job when he's ready.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
              Legendary Zoner
              • Jul 2002

Pat, Lynch is a woman beater. Marv will never take him.

If anything, I see us trading down. Our needs don't really line up with the best players who will be there, unless we want a WR like Ginn or we are sold on Hall or some other CB.

I see us taking a RB like Irons, Walker, or Pittman with a 2nd or 3rd.

We have too many holes left to package picks to move up. We need to draft an OLB and at least 2 CB's, along with a RB.... and these guys are going to have to play!

Comment

• camelcowboy
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                but it should scare you. The guy has virtually 0 game experience. Remember how bad McGee was his first year starting at corner? We need a vet CB to start at the beginning of the year so Youboty can play nickel and take the starting job when he's ready.
                You will have those same fears with a rookie as well, and Least Booty has been in the system. I agree that they should get a vet, I would like to see them take a run at Jason David of the colts it would only cost us a 4th. Maybe harper, but the character issues with him are abundant.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                  Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                  The cover two really doesn't put priority on the corner position. The bills imo will probally try to take corner later rounds who is more a ballhawk who plays well in zone. Nathan Vasher 3rd pick of the bears 3 years ago for example. Jason David 4th rounder colts. Your not looking for a corner who can shut down people man to man. I think they want a middle linebacker who can blow up the run, and who can cover the deep middle. Willis i believe is their man. There is a log jam of RB's in the second third round area. I believe the bills have one of them targeted.
                  Excellent post.
                  "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                  -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• madness
                    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                    Pat, Lynch is a woman beater. Marv will never take him.

The Bills are known to be intrigued by California's Marshawn Lynch, who rushed for 2,602 yards and 21 touchdowns his last two years for the Bears and is entering the draft after his junior season. Currently, Lynch is projected as a mid-first to early second-round pick, so he probably wouldn't be there when the Bills' second-round pick, at No. 44 overall, comes up.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

Does anyone agree that, because of Fletcher'd departure, Spikes' uncertain physical condition and Ellison's inexperience, we REALLY need at least one LB?
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• madness
                        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                        Does anyone agree that, because of Fletcher'd departure, Spikes' uncertain physical condition and Ellison's inexperience, we REALLY need at least one LB?
                        Most definitely.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

So instead we should baby him along, we lost a pro bowl CB, a veteran leader at LB, why not play Youboty, this team isnt a playoff contender for atleast another year,. Youboty is no worse than any other FA out there, except maybe Harper.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• madness
                            • Apr 2003

McGee isn't and wasn't a #1 corner talent.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                              So instead we should baby him along, we lost a pro bowl CB, a veteran leader at LB, why not play Youboty, this team isnt a playoff contender for atleast another year,. Youboty is no worse than any other FA out there, except maybe Harper.
                              Just wait till teams spread the bills 5 wide. This team does need expierence in the back end. Hood, Harper, David, James would help this team. I have no problem playing Youboty, but this team needs some decent depth at the position.

Comment

Working...
                              X