• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Flip The Coin

Its either Patrick Willis or Marshawn Lynch now.

* No RB on the FA market is worth #1 RB money, including Brown, Dillon or Droughons (should he become available)

* There is no really solid starting LB on the FA market, other than Cato June, who will probably demand too much $ from Buffalo.

So do you go with someone like Willis, who is a tackling machine and can blow up the run? Or do you go with Lynch, who could be a game changing RB that's clearly better than the next level of RB's?

Both positions are pretty deep in the draft, but these guys are by far the creme of the crop (not even counting Peterson at RB).

Unless Okoye happens to slip to 12, you can pretty much be assured we're going RB and LB early-- so who does it look like its going to be?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • camelcowboy
    • Mar 2005

Re: Flip The Coin

Im torn two players that would be perfect for Buffalo's needs. I wouldn't be upset with either pick but Lynch's possible character issues make me lean towards willis.

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

I think MLB is a much tougher position to fill than HB is. Go with Willis, we'll get a descent back later.
      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Im still not totally decided yet.. But for right now, I think Willis looks like the better pick.

I think the next tier of RB's (Pittman, Hunt, Irons, Bush) as a whole is better than the next tier of LB's after Willis.

I think anyway. Both positions are extremely important.

Comment

• Ed
          • Sep 2002

Okoye for sure if he's there. I think it would be a lot easier to find talent at RB and LB in the 2nd and 3rd rounds then DL. But if Okoye is gone, yeah, I guess I would literally have to flip a coin between Lynch and Willis.

If we are keeping Spikes, I'd be more inclined to go with Lynch, but with all the losses on defense, Willis seems like the smarter pick.

I guess I still don't know enough about the rest of the prospects at RB and LB and where they project to go during the rest of day 1.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

I think we're putting way too much stock in Willis still being on the board at 12. But if he's there, he has to be the pick. We can get an RB in the 2nd or 3rd round.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• User Manuel
              The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
              • Nov 2003

Pat,

Do you think we could trade down and still get Willis?

Comment

• camelcowboy
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                Im still not totally decided yet.. But for right now, I think Willis looks like the better pick.

I think the next tier of RB's (Pittman, Hunt, Irons, Bush) as a whole is better than the next tier of LB's after Willis.

I think anyway. Both positions are extremely important.
                I agree the best value would be willis then one of the RB you mentioned. I like Pittman alot, Bush has some upside as well it all depends on that injury. Now if Peterson by some act of god falls, ill change my tune.

Comment

• Ed
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                  Im torn two players that would be perfect for Buffalo's needs. I wouldn't be upset with either pick but Lynch's possible character issues make me lean towards willis.
                  Yeah, I didn't think about character. What's Lynch's deal? He beat up his girlfriend or something? If that's the case, I would rather go with Willis and look at RB in round 2.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Lawesome97
                    Pat,

Do you think we could trade down and still get Willis?
                    No Carolina is hoping we don't chose him with morgan's mellon problems.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Ed
                      Yeah, I didn't think about character. What's Lynch's deal? He beat up his girlfriend or something? If that's the case, I would rather go with Willis and look at RB in round 2.
                      He had some accusations a month or two ago from a girl that claimed he took liberties. Even though he is in the clear i could see Marv passing on him. Other people have said that Lynch has some of the same characteristic of Wills McShakespeare.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

If you try and trade down and still get Willis you'd be flirting with danger..

the Rams and Carolina would probably both love to get their hands on them.

The upside of trading down is you could probably still get Lynch, and pick up another day one pick. I think GB at 16 would likely be the first team to draft Lynch, and if they passed on him he'd probably fall all the way to 20 (Giants)

I really dont see the Bills moving down.. If anything, I'd expect them to try and move up 1-2 spots for Okoye or Branch should one be there, or if they took Willis or Lynch at 12 to try and trade back up into the late first round like last year, and land the next best RB (or LB)

The good thing about crowell is that if Willis is gone they dont HAVE to take a MLB if the better LB on the board at our pick is a OLB. Crowell could play either, though i'd prefer him to stay on the outside.

Comment

• Ed
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          I think we're putting way too much stock in Willis still being on the board at 12. But if he's there, he has to be the pick. We can get an RB in the 2nd or 3rd round.
                          I don't know, have you seen him projected as going any higher? I don't think I have. There are a lot of good D-lineman climbing the board and they always seem to go before LB's. Plus, I think all the teams in front of us have more pressing needs then LB. I can't really think of another team in front of us that would take him.

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

We can get away with a lesser RB more easily than a lesser LB.

I'd accept Lynch only under the following circumstances:
                            1. We guarantee we can draft Siler (or Pos)
                            or
                            2. Spikes is guaranteed to return to a form that can make an impact.
                            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• EDS
                              • Jan 2003

Haven't Marv and Dick pretty much come out and said that Crowell will be the middle linebacker next year? If so, I don't think they go LB in round one - later on definitely for competition and depth, but not round one. And if Crowell is in the middle they will look more for outside backers.

I also think history has shown us that productive running backs can be found after round one. Pittman, Henry, Bush, etc. all could be feature backs or at least a big part of a two back committee.

My leading candidates for the Bills top pick are Branch, Okoye, Willis and Carriker.

Comment

Working...
                              X