PDA

View Full Version : Dominic Rhodes Looking For Some Place Where He Can Win

Gunzlingr
03-09-2007, 01:26 PM
INDIANAPOLIS--Colts running back Dominic Rhodes scheduled a meeting with the Buffalo Bills on Tuesday, just days after meeting with the New York Giants. The free agent is testing the market in the hopes of finding a new home, but says that money isn’t the main issue. Instead, Rhodes is simply looking to go some place where he can win.
“Like all free agents, I just want an opportunity to go somewhere and play for a winner,” said Rhodes, who won a Super Bowl with the Colts last season. “Granted, the Colts won the Super Bowl last year, but they’re still not ‘winner’ enough for me. I’m looking for the kind of winning that pays a lot more money and guarantees me a starting job, and doesn’t necessarily involve actual winning. It's hard to explain. The NFL economic system is very complicated.”
Rhodes, who shared running back duties last year with rookie Joseph Addai, believes he can be a full time back for a team that’s committed to winning.
“I shared a lot of the carries with Joseph last year, and it was great, but I think I’m ready to carry the load myself,” said Rhodes. “I’ve been in this league for a while now and I think I deserve a shot. Of course, this isn’t all about me. I’m a team player. I refuse to go to any team that doesn’t have a chance to win, which is cool, because almost every team has some semblance of a chance to win. Also, I want to move someplace close to my family. Where does my family live? Wherever I can make the most bread.”
Strangely, every single free agent on the market this season is looking for the same thing: the chance to win, and many of them are leaving winning teams to go chase that dream. For example, linebacker Adalius Thomas left the 13-3 Baltimore Ravens to sign with the New England Patriots in order to “have the opportunity to join a winning team.”
“I’m so glad that I finally got to achieve my dream of joining a winning team,” Thomas said after signing his new contract with the Patriots. “Frankly, I would have killed myself if I had to stay one more year in Loserville with Brian ‘Loser’ Billick, that ****ty, loser defense, and their miserable, unimpressive 13-3 record. What a change this is going to be! I mean, 13-3 is decent, but what I really want is to go undefeated and win the Super Bowl. Hopefully I can achieve that with the Patriots. If not, I'll just have to settle for the $20 million in guaranteed money.”

More (http://www.thebrushback.com/rhodes_full.htm)

The Answer
03-09-2007, 01:33 PM
INDIANAPOLIS--Colts running back Dominic Rhodes scheduled a meeting with the Buffalo Bills on Tuesday, just days after meeting with the New York Giants. The free agent is testing the market in the hopes of finding a new home, but says that money isn’t the main issue. Instead, Rhodes is simply looking to go some place where he can win.
“Like all free agents, I just want an opportunity to go somewhere and play for a winner,” said Rhodes, who won a Super Bowl with the Colts last season. “Granted, the Colts won the Super Bowl last year, but they’re still not ‘winner’ enough for me. I’m looking for the kind of winning that pays a lot more money and guarantees me a starting job, and doesn’t necessarily involve actual winning. It's hard to explain. The NFL economic system is very complicated.”
Rhodes, who shared running back duties last year with rookie Joseph Addai, believes he can be a full time back for a team that’s committed to winning.
“I shared a lot of the carries with Joseph last year, and it was great, but I think I’m ready to carry the load myself,” said Rhodes. “I’ve been in this league for a while now and I think I deserve a shot. Of course, this isn’t all about me. I’m a team player. I refuse to go to any team that doesn’t have a chance to win, which is cool, because almost every team has some semblance of a chance to win. Also, I want to move someplace close to my family. Where does my family live? Wherever I can make the most bread.”
Strangely, every single free agent on the market this season is looking for the same thing: the chance to win, and many of them are leaving winning teams to go chase that dream. For example, linebacker Adalius Thomas left the 13-3 Baltimore Ravens to sign with the New England Patriots in order to “have the opportunity to join a winning team.”
“I’m so glad that I finally got to achieve my dream of joining a winning team,” Thomas said after signing his new contract with the Patriots. “Frankly, I would have killed myself if I had to stay one more year in Loserville with Brian ‘Loser’ Billick, that ****ty, loser defense, and their miserable, unimpressive 13-3 record. What a change this is going to be! I mean, 13-3 is decent, but what I really want is to go undefeated and win the Super Bowl. Hopefully I can achieve that with the Patriots. If not, I'll just have to settle for the $20 million in guaranteed money.”

More (http://www.thebrushback.com/rhodes_full.htm)

So much for the 'a place he can win theory' now that he signed with the Raiders.

~The Answer

camelcowboy
03-09-2007, 01:34 PM
He can help the raiders win back to back 1st overall picks :snicker:

Romes
03-09-2007, 01:40 PM
:rofl: :up:

mybills
03-09-2007, 01:42 PM

Sounds just like a Pats fan.

Gunzlingr
03-09-2007, 01:47 PM
:shakeno:

RockStar36
03-09-2007, 01:47 PM
“I really respect Nate because he didn’t just go to the highest bidder, he went to a team that he felt was in a good position to win,” said Nolan. “He sat in my office, looked me straight in the eye, and said ‘Coach, I don’t care about the money. I just want to be on a winning team before my career is over.’ Of course, that was after we offered him $80 million. We probably should have opened with a lower offer, but whatever. He’ll see about a quarter of that money before we cut him and he slinks back to Buffalo to beg for a one-year deal.”

:rofl:

dolphan117
03-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Good stuff.

Bert102176
03-09-2007, 10:54 PM
ok well he proved he is full of **** then cause he ain't gonna win in Oakland lol

Don't Panic
03-09-2007, 10:59 PM
That's some good *****... I haven't laughed that hard about football in a while.