PDA

View Full Version : Droughns traded to G-Men

T-Long
03-09-2007, 02:11 PM
We can cross him off the list...just heard on Sirius.

Mr. Pink
03-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Any details?

Carlton Bailey
03-09-2007, 02:19 PM
Good. No way did I want the Bills to get that chump.

hammerbillsfan
03-09-2007, 02:20 PM
Any details?
Droughns for Tim Carter.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302183

patmoran2006
03-09-2007, 02:20 PM

Thats the guy I wanted out of these guys left.. He was the best fit for Losman..

That really sucks.

Mudflap1
03-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Got some off the field issues, but a solid running back who has had better seasons than Willis McGahee has ever had, and would've came pretty cheap.

Jon

Forward_Lateral
03-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Well, Marv is old mother hubbard, and only A-train and Chris Brown are in the cupboard.

Mr. Pink
03-09-2007, 02:25 PM
Great, a useless receiver the Browns will cut during camp.

Unless they forsee him being the punt returner to replace Northcutt.

Ickybaluky
03-09-2007, 02:25 PM
That is a good trade for the Giants. Droughns was banged up last year, but he had back-to-back 1200+ yard seasons rushing and is a pretty good receiver to boot. He probably fumbles a bit too much, but maybe they can teach him the Tiki Barber method of no longer fumbling.

It surprises me people here think Droughns isn't any good when you look at his productiion. He isn't the fastest guy around, but he is a good runner who runs with a real low pad-level and breaks tackles. Not a lot of shake-n-bake to his game, but a good power back who will get a lot out of his runs, and an underrated receiver as well.

That is a good deal for the Giants if that is all they gave up, because Tim Carter is nothing special. Droughns and Jacobs in tandem can really wear down a defense.

patmoran2006
03-09-2007, 02:29 PM
That is a good trade for the Giants. Droughns was banged up last year, but he had back-to-back 1200+ yard seasons rushing and is a pretty good receiver to boot. He probably fumbles a bit too much, but maybe they can teach him the Tiki Barber method of no longer fumbling.

It surprises me people here think Droughns isn't any good when you look at his productiion. He isn't the fastest guy around, but he is a good runner who runs with a real low pad-level and breaks tackles. Not a lot of shake-n-bake to his game, but a good power back who will get a lot out of his runs, and an underrated receiver as well.

That is a good deal for the Giants if that is all they gave up, because Tim Carter is nothing special. Droughns and Jacobs in tandem can really wear down a defense.

Dont ever be surprised on this board.. If he was in town to meet with Buffalo, he'd be getting mad props and the talk would be about how good he is.

Ickybaluky
03-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Dont ever be surprised on this board.. If he was in town to meet with Buffalo, he'd be getting mad props and the talk would be about how good he is.

At least most of them don't beat the same point over and over again, post after post, until they make you want to throw up.

Sometimes I wonder why people don't realize that repeating things over and over again isn't making a point, it is beating it to death. The use of bold and caps doesn't make your point any stronger, it just makes it more irritating.

Some people type just to read themselves think.

patmoran2006
03-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Some of them dont have a point, period.

Their fun comes on attacking posters' who actually have the balls to criticize the franchise for making **** after **** decision, seven years running.

and If I'm talking out of my ass about the Corey Dillon thing, go back and read the thread announcing he was coming to OBD for a visit and then see the exact same posters on the thread where it says Dillon is not coming to Buffalo, afterall.

Gunzlingr
03-09-2007, 02:40 PM
I would take Droughns over Brown or Dillon.

OT, what is with all the trades? I remember just a couple years ago trades were very rare. Is it the cap?

camelcowboy
03-09-2007, 02:49 PM
Droughns and Jacobs are two big backs. They would be dangerous if they commit to the run. But they won't gilbride's calling the plays.

patmoran2006
03-09-2007, 02:53 PM
IMO Buffalo is one of only three team's that's looking for a starting RB right now; with GB and Tennessee being the other two.

I dont count Cleveland, they are taking Peterson and they have Jamal Lewis now.

Why do I bring this up? Even if Buffalo doesnt take a RB in round one, I think they can have their choice of any of them out there after Peterson and Lynch.

Saratoga Slim
03-09-2007, 03:03 PM
IMO Buffalo is one of only three team's that's looking for a starting RB right now; with GB and Tennessee being the other two.

I dont count Cleveland, they are taking Peterson and they have Jamal Lewis now.

Why do I bring this up? Even if Buffalo doesnt take a RB in round one, I think they can have their choice of any of them out there after Peterson and Lynch.

That's a good point. We may very well have a crack at Michael Bush in the 2nd. I'm a little intrigued by Antonio Pittman as well.

jpdex12
03-09-2007, 09:42 PM
We can cross him off the list...just heard on Sirius.

Droughns sucks!

chubluv
03-09-2007, 10:21 PM
I want A-Train back. He was more then servicable for us when our #1 went down for a few weeks.

BAM
03-09-2007, 10:30 PM
I had him in a FFL a couple years ago and I remember the guy getting all kinds of yardage but like 1 touchdown or something pathetic like that.

LtBillsFan66
03-09-2007, 10:31 PM
I want A-Train back. He was more then servicable for us when our #1 went down for a few weeks.
I didn't think so.