PDA

View Full Version : NEW APPROACH

JPFBillsFan
03-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Idea:

We have many holes to fill between now and training camp.

Here is 1:

Trade our 2008 #1 pick and 3rd pick from Baltimore next year or Spikes to Chicago for the rights to Lance Briggs and a pick this year 4-7.
With our #1 pick this year we draft Patrick Willis.

The LB Core with Corwell, Willis, Briggs will be set for many many years. This will improve our run defense and instill fear in other teams offenses.

Then with our 2nd pick we draft the next Thurman Thomas. Whom ever that may be. We should also explore reentering the 2nd round by trading up to get the FB from Rutgers. These 2 players along with a Vet like ATrain or who ever will run and protect JP.

Thoughts?

OpIv37
03-09-2007, 02:33 PM
I like the idea of getting Briggs but I doubt Chicago will let him go without ungodly compensation.

RockStar36
03-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Draft the next Thurman Thomas..

I think that's easier said than done.

T-Long
03-09-2007, 02:37 PM
Good thinking....but easy to talk about, hard to pull off.

patmoran2006
03-09-2007, 02:37 PM
Draft the next Thurman Thomas..

I think that's easier said than done.
who's your next Thurman?

patmoran2006
03-09-2007, 02:38 PM
Idea:

We have many holes to fill between now and training camp.

Here is 1:

Trade our 2008 #1 pick and 3rd pick from Baltimore next year or Spikes to Chicago for the rights to Lance Briggs and a pick this year 4-7.
With our #1 pick this year we draft Patrick Willis.

The LB Core with Corwell, Willis, Briggs will be set for many many years. This will improve our run defense and instill fear in other teams offenses.

Then with our 2nd pick we draft the next Thurman Thomas. Whom ever that may be. We should also explore reentering the 2nd round by trading up to get the FB from Rutgers. These 2 players along with a Vet like ATrain or who ever will run and protect JP.

Thoughts?
Great ideal. Not going to happen.

We'd have to give Chicago a ton to get Lance Briggs.

Ed
03-09-2007, 02:47 PM
You never know, things could start getting pretty ugly in Chicago with the Briggs situation. I know they don't have to deal him, but it might get to the point where it's just going to be harder to try and keep him. Teams don't like distractions and controversy, and it's rare for a team to hold on to a player that just flat out doesn't want to be there.

I know he doesn't really have any options and he'd be hurting himself by sitting out or whatever, but if he's serious about the things he said, it will get ugly.

However, I don't really want to give up picks for Briggs. At this point I think I'd rather take our chances with Spikes and draft a LB.

camelcowboy
03-09-2007, 02:55 PM
I want to draft the next L.T. to play running back whoever that may be. I also want to draft the next Lawerence Taylor who ever that maybe. :up: