• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Marshawn Lynch video interview..

Found this on bb.com

Definitely makes me feel a little better than the Sirius interview did. Yeah he talks funny, doesn't sound like he's too bright, but seems like a good kid, very family and team oriented. Surprisingly he has a 3.0 GPA, which at Cal is impressive. Sure, he's has a lot of help, but the fact that he cares about his education and not just his NFL payday says something about him.

One great thing about Marv and co. is that if they take him, you can be sure they aren't overlooking any character issues or flaws, and that he's a pretty good kid. A lot of organizations don't give that nearly as much weight, and while it may bring them some more talent, I'm starting to believe that at some point, it will ALWAYS hurt a team in the long run.

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: Marshawn Lynch video interview..

BTW, its about 20 mins long..

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

wow.. that is not the guy i expected to see.. i expected to see edge/willis..

after seeing that, i am definately pulling for him to be a bill a bit more..
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• evol4276
        • Oct 2005

this was definately interesting to watch.. this is my first interview of his that Ive seen and I like what Ive seen.. just kinda raises my value with him a bit after it to be honest

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

this was a couple years ago though.. hopefully his stardom hasnt gone to his head, but he is the same as all the players in the draft in that regard.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Slim
            • Apr 2004

Cal does give assistance. I can get into Cal for rugby next year. At cal all sports players must get tutored for i think one or two hours a day. But on a Bills note, i am pulling For Lynch.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

he said he had to wake his mom up at 6:30 am for a 12 noon game.. because she liked to sleep in.

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

he also said he got his gold teeth in 6th grade.. WTF.. whose parents let a 6th grader get gold teeth? lol

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

he describes his running style as "funny".

because he likes to laugh when he is playing.. he said defenders will come up to him after they tackle him and say "did you just laugh when i tackled you?".

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                    this was a couple years ago though.. hopefully his stardom hasnt gone to his head, but he is the same as all the players in the draft in that regard.
                    Its from last summer isn't it?

Comment

• Slim
                      • Apr 2004

He'd talk better without the grill.

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                        he describes his running style as "funny".

because he likes to laugh when he is playing.. he said defenders will come up to him after they tackle him and say "did you just laugh when i tackled you?".

That cracked me up too.. I can just imagine this dude running full steam at you laughing.. guys must be like WTF is wrong with this guy, he's nuts!

Comment

• Pride
                          • Jul 2002

Did you all just watch the same video I did?

That guy is about as smart as a bag of rocks. If anything, that video made me NOT want this guy!

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride
                            Did you all just watch the same video I did?

That guy is about as smart as a bag of rocks. If anything, that video made me NOT want this guy!
                            You must not have heard the Sirius interview yesterday! You ever watch the old Fat Albert cartoons and the guy with the big lips?

Honestly, for a RB, I'm not overly concerned about his book smarts or how he sounds - to me its about talent, character and football smarts, in that order. I think what the video did was help him out a little in the character department.

Comment

• feldspar
                              • Mar 2007

Losing Willis doesn't worry me. There are some decent draft prospects out there, and Lynch is one of them. Check out some highlights of Lynch from youtube:

2006 Highlights
                              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

2005 Highlights
                              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

2004 Highlights (as a freshman)

Also, remember that Lynch is entering the draft after his Junior year, and I think the Bills' first 5 picks last year were all Juniors. If we continue that trend, the Bills could draft Lynch. Who knows? He could fall to 12 and the Bills draft him. I'd take him on my team.

Comment

Working...
                              X