PDA

View Full Version : The Fact That Sam Adams's Agent Flew In Means

Brian H
03-09-2003, 12:30 AM
This deal is like 90% because the agent has to be there to sign the contract I believe.Sam must have called him over to meet with TD cause he really wants to play for us.....:bravo:

Dannyboy
03-09-2003, 12:48 AM
Let me refresh my memory; Sam Adams, New England (because of the beer there), then Baltimore, then Oakland for one year? Does anyone really like this guy?

Tatonka
03-09-2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Dannyboy
Let me refresh my memory; Sam Adams, New England (because of the beer there), then Baltimore, then Oakland for one year? Does anyone really like this guy?

i love when a new guy shows up with a sarcastic attitude..

next time your "refreshing your memory", try refreshing it with facts...

how bout this.. i will "refresh" it for you..

94-99 SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
00-01 BALTIMORE RAVENS
01-02 OAKLAND RAIDERS

he was a pro bowl player in both seattle and in baltimore. he also won a superbowl, and has been to another..

he played out his rookie contract with the hawks, went to baltimore for 2 years, and helped their defense become one of the best ever. they had to dismantle the team due to salary cap issues. he then signed a contract with oakland, who was 50 million over the cap and pretty much dismantled their Dline as well..

does anyone want him? yes.. buffalo does.. that is why he has been here for 3 days.:whip:

Tatonka
03-09-2003, 02:17 AM
actually.. he made the pro bowl in 2000 and 2001

Lone Stranger
03-09-2003, 04:49 AM
We can use this guy if the Price(sic) is right.

McD
03-09-2003, 05:12 AM
I want the wide body, but he sure does sound likie it's all about the $$$. At least Spikes sounds as if he wants to be here because of the team/fans/etc. I know Sam said some good things too, however I get the impression he is more interested in the bucks.

McD

clumping platelets
03-09-2003, 05:46 AM
I see this as a positive.......I just hope he brought a warm jacket :snicker:

McD
03-09-2003, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
I see this as a positive.......I just hope he brought a warm jacket :snicker:

Clump, the guy's 350lb! Does he really need a coat??

McD

clumping platelets
03-09-2003, 05:58 AM
I'm talkin' bout the agent :snicker:

Aero II
03-09-2003, 06:00 AM
If more big names WANT to come to Bflo, maybe that will open the eyes on many other young and taletnted FA's for years to come. If they see an orginization that treets their players well, that can go a long way.

BFBills
03-09-2003, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Brian H
This deal is like 90% because the agent has to be there to sign the contract I believe.Sam must have called him over to meet with TD cause he really wants to play for us.....:bravo: if you know then why are you asking us????

shelby
03-09-2003, 07:28 AM
Bills | More On Adams - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
22:27 PT: John Clayton reports for ESPN.com the Buffalo Bills failed to reach an agreement Saturday with free agent DT Sam Adams (Raiders). His agent, Angelo Wright, flew in Saturday to continue negotiations. Talks are expected to continue Sunday.

WG
03-09-2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
next time your "refreshing your memory", try refreshing it with facts...

how bout this.. i will "refresh" it for you..

LMAO T!!!

"refresh" too funny!

Billsouth
03-09-2003, 08:15 AM
i believe the reason he left baltimore is because he was cut for cap reasons.

BFBills
03-09-2003, 08:53 AM
that's what he said!!!

EM Bills Fan 80
03-09-2003, 10:11 AM
Does it say around what time yesterday his agent flew in??? Cause I am thinking if he flew in later in the day that would be a good sign for signing him today. If he flew in early yesterday than I would have my doubts...

Brian H
03-09-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by BFBills
if you know then why are you asking us????

Where do you see a question mark??????

Schobel94
03-09-2003, 10:30 AM
Well, they failed to reach an agreement yesterday, but they are working on it today. I am cautiosly optomistic, they seem to be trying really hard to hammer out a contract.

EM Bills Fan 80
03-09-2003, 10:32 AM
Hopefully than don't end up over paying him, than again it is TD so I'm not worried

Brian H
03-09-2003, 10:32 AM
They keep working on a deal tho some agents would be like ok first offer was turned down goodbye.....

Seano
03-09-2003, 10:36 AM
The deal gets done today!!

Baltimore ---SB
Oakland----SB
Bills---???

Tatonka
03-09-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by EM Bills Fan 80
Hopefully than don't end up over paying him, than again it is TD so I'm not worried

Welcome to the board!:bigwave:

i am also cautiously optimistic.

sam adams has always played at a high level. with him and pat in there, i believe it could propel our LB crew to greatness.. and not just takeo.. fletcher should be free to roam.. and posey should be screaming off the edge.. add dick lebeau to help tutor the defense a bit more.. make some blitz tweaks..

i think if we can sign adams to a reasonable 4 year deal, we can get what we got out of ted washington, and with the additional talent, i see this defense being just plain nasty to play against.

adams was cut due to salary cap reasons.. in baltimore and oakland... that is why i believe that he may be willing to negotiate a more cap friendly longer deal.

the guy is only 29.. it is not like guys dont play effectively till they are 33-34.. mcglocklin is a perfect example. i would take him at this point in his career, and i think he is 34.

bring sam to buffalo TD.. he will made the biggest difference out of all your signings!

BFBills
03-09-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Brian H

Where do you see a question mark?????? :ontome:

Brian H
03-09-2003, 05:17 PM
LOL Its cool dude Go Bills!!!!!