PDA

View Full Version : Chris Brown emailed me back!

Tatonka
03-09-2007, 08:01 PM
hey guys.. i thought i would share. i sent this to chris brown on BB.com about a week ago.

Hello Chris,

I keep up with your page daily and I really appreciate all that you do to keep us Bills fans that can't rely on local media informed. I live in the heart of Redskins country (Richmond, Virginia) and I can tell you now the Dockery is going to be a huge signing for us on the left side. I couldn't be happier, regardless of cost.

I am, however, somewhat more hesitant to do a cartwheel about Walker. In looking at the number, he was the Raiders worst lineman last year in terms of sacks allowed (11) and penalties. The reports on the raiders boards were that he could not handle speed rushers at all and was prone to losing concentration during games, thus the penalties. BUT I also read a few reports that he was solid when he had limited time at guard.

I can't understand why they would want to move a guy like Butler, who was a good tackle in college. And Pennington didnt seem to be the weak link at RT. With RG clearly the more glaring spot, why grab Walker to play RT?

Do you think there is any chance he could be used at guard?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Jeremy Ford
Richmond, Va

he responded with the following tonight.

Thanks for the kinds words. I don't think there's much of a chance he plays guard. I think they're planning on him at RT. I too am a bit leery about Walker. His problem is change of direction. He can't re-set very well and gets killed on double moves or counter moves by d-linemen.

On a separate issue the reason Pennington didn't appear to be a problem was because he was constantly getting help from the tight ends and the backs. The main reason Robert Royal didn't do much on the receiving end until late in the season was because he had to stay on the line to help Pennington in pass protection.

Pennington is worth developing, but he's far from ready to handle stuff one-on-one full time anyway.

I love Butler. This guy is nasty and if you read my story on him on the home page a couple of weeks ago, he's finally healthy (shoulder surgery in early '06). I think he's got a good shot at landing the right guard spot, and if Walker fails I wouldn't be surprised if they put him at right tackle.

Chris Brown

i was kind of hoping he would help enlighten me about walker, but he really didnt make me feel any better.. lol.. but at least there is an option if walker fails.

jmb1099
03-09-2007, 08:08 PM
Great read and I love the sig!

ShadowHawk7
03-09-2007, 08:17 PM
About Walker, Marv said he watched film on him in 10 of 16 games last year. Obviously he liked him enough to offer him such a deal.

Tatonka
03-09-2007, 08:44 PM
it was actually Jauron who said that, but yeah, obviously they do like him.

TRUST IN MARV!

and thanks JMB.

JJamezz
03-09-2007, 09:02 PM
Thanks for sharing man. Love the sig too, I just noticed it!

Don't Panic
03-09-2007, 09:13 PM
The concerns about Walker a re legit. Only a true homer would say otherwise. We'll have to wait and see what McNally can do with him, but maybe he finds success at RG if he doesn't work at RT. No shock about the Pennington comments... not a knock on the guy, he just isn't ready to produce at the level we need him at. Good to hear about Butler... we need to find him a spot somewhere on that right side. I'm sure he will earn it in camp.

The Spaz
03-09-2007, 09:14 PM
People say Chris Brown is bias. I think he was pretty much telling the truth what he thought.

LtBillsFan66
03-09-2007, 09:18 PM
Smart question deserves a smart answer. The guy has to love his job, so I'm not surprised he wrote you back so candidly.

Billsrock4life
03-09-2007, 09:43 PM
thats cool and good 2 know...i always liked it when players responded to fain mail...mayby ill email him

YardRat
03-09-2007, 10:21 PM
The right side of our line is still weak.

LtBillsFan66
03-09-2007, 10:29 PM
thats cool and good 2 know...i always liked it when players responded to fain mail...mayby ill email him
He's talking about Chris Brown the Bills news reporter, not Chris Brown the RB. :lol:

Don't Panic
03-09-2007, 10:50 PM
He's talking about Chris Brown the Bills news reporter, not Chris Brown the RB. :lol:

A minute ago, the main page had two Chris Brown threads back to back... and each dealt with a different Chris Brown. I can see why the confusion is setting in.

LtBillsFan66
03-09-2007, 11:07 PM
A minute ago, the main page had two Chris Brown threads back to back... and each dealt with a different Chris Brown. I can see why the confusion is setting in.
I thought Chris Brown the news reporter was our RB prospect for a second! :nervous: