PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson vs Marshawn Lynch

Mr. Miyagi
03-09-2007, 10:37 PM
After having seen videos of both RBs, I'm beginning to think that Lynch is a better RB. He is a powerful and tough runner, with inside speed as well as outside speed, has good vision and can change direction, plus a heck of a stiff arm. Reminds me of (ready?) Ricky Williams in his prime.

Peterson on the other hand, every clip I've seen is him running outside and in open field. Never saw him dragging people along for 5 yards or getting those tough inside yards. He may be faster than Lynch and has been more successful in college because he just outruns everyone, but in the NFL the linebackers and safeties are just as fast. I'm not convinced that he is a better NFL back than Lynch is.

Input?

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-10-2007, 10:57 AM
I really like Marshawn. Peterson is a great back, but he has had two major injuries in the past two seasons. I think both can be great backs in the NFL.

Kenny
03-11-2007, 03:51 PM
To me, that's the only downside to Peterson... he runs too high up and doesnt lower his shoulder to pad level when taking a hit.
The guy has talent, but when you run that high, you're going to get injured (has he even completed a single year in college without getting hurt?).
The way he runs... he reminds me of Chris Brown.