I hope Reed doesn't get pushed back the #3...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

I hope Reed doesn't get pushed back the #3...

it seems the bills will make a run at another WR, a veteran more than likely, to shore up our WR crew. my concern is this.

the guys we are potentially looking at

dyson
    conway
    robinson
    freeman

would any of these guys really want to come here and be a #3? i dont see it happening (i hope i am wrong). i want to see reed out there.. if he faulters, then fine, but i want him to get the chance to start.

say we sign another guy, like dyson, and he moves to the #2 spot and gets a 3 year deal or so.. that means that potentially josh reed could get buried for his current contract in buffalo.. then he will be gone..

this kid is a first round talent, and i think he will show that. i just hope he gets the chance.

i think signing a guy like conway, would be fine, as long as it is understood that he is the #3. i want josh to get his shot.

that is why i was more inclined to see us sign someone like derrius thompson (who is gone to the fins, poor guy) or possibly a guy like Jenkins (who can jump off Niagra Falls if he thinks he is getting the 3 mill a year he wants) because they would be a good #3, which is what we need.

thoughts?
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • BuffaloRanger
    WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
    • Mar 2003

Training camp and preseason will determine who is #2 and who is #3. Then during the season there could always be adjustments.
    Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

if you sign a big name wr, he will get handed the #2
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• McD
        • Jan 2003

That's a possibility, but if Reed faulters, what do we do for a #2?
        22 year AF vet and "still" counting

Comment

• Aero II
          RWS Grounds Keeper. Why won't my grass grow?
          • Jul 2002

Who ever comes in will get plenty of play time. The fullback is being used less in KG's offense and we don't have a proven 2nd TE as a receiving option. I see some more 3 wide to spread the field and open up running lanes. Whoever does come in will get their share of catches.

Comment

• Wys Guy
            Drew and Sam stole all my hair
            • Jul 2002

Dyson and Freeman are by no means guaranteed #2s. Freeman is getting to the point where he'll be lucky to be playing and Dyson can't stay of IR.

Conway is the only #1/2 WR in that group. Even Robinson has had issues and only put up decent #s in 1 of 5 seasons. As a matter of fact, he had more yards, 1,400, in that one single season than he's had in his other 5 seasons combined. 1,061. So there's no danger of him supplanting Reed. Same for TDs. 9 in his "big" year and 8 in 5 other seasons.

I'm not sure that we realize how good Reed is. His hands are like glue and given his limited role last year, he was impressive. There's no way that we make him #3 after all this.

We should look to sign Gadsen LONG before we think about signing Freeman or Dyson. Gadsen's a better WR than either of those two and has a better injury history than Dyson for sure.

Freeman's either washed up or close to it. Sanders would be a great pickup.
            Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• kgun12
              • Jul 2002

No matter who we bring in Reeds size and speed (or lack of speed for NFL standards) dictates that he will be a slot reciever. You can call it #2, #3 or whatever that's where he will play. No matter what number you give it that's where another Reed played and will end up in the Hall of Fame.
              Retired Air Traffic Controller
              USAF VETERAN
              DAV

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                Expert on Experts
                • Jul 2002

I don't want to hand reed the number 2 job either.

They wa I see it, bring in a capable receiver who is willing to compete for number 2 but knows there is a strong chance he will be number 3. Let their play dictate who is number 2 and who is number 3.

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

Would you just stop Josh Reed is not slow he's just not as fast as price he's probably the same speed as moulds. Josh Reed ran a 4.5 in the NFL combine last year that is not super fast and is not that slow either. He ran the same speed as Antonio Bryant, Jabar Gaffney, Ron Johnson wr's from last years draft. Go Bills!
                  Last edited by The Spaz; 03-09-2003, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• Schobel94
                    The Sack Master
                    • Jan 2003

That's probably true. Tell me this, name one time this year that has shown that Reed would be unable to be a #2 reciever.
                    Beware the sack master!

Comment

• Seano
                      • Mar 2003

Reed has #1 talent , he is better by a long shot than any other receiver listed so far . He is further along than either Moulds or Price were after their rookie seasons. He'll be our #2 and Drew will still say he has 2 #1's.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                        Dyson and Freeman are by no means guaranteed #2s. Freeman is getting to the point where he'll be lucky to be playing and Dyson can't stay of IR.

Conway is the only #1/2 WR in that group. Even Robinson has had issues and only put up decent #s in 1 of 5 seasons. As a matter of fact, he had more yards, 1,400, in that one single season than he's had in his other 5 seasons combined. 1,061. So there's no danger of him supplanting Reed. Same for TDs. 9 in his "big" year and 8 in 5 other seasons.

I'm not sure that we realize how good Reed is. His hands are like glue and given his limited role last year, he was impressive. There's no way that we make him #3 after all this.

We should look to sign Gadsen LONG before we think about signing Freeman or Dyson. Gadsen's a better WR than either of those two and has a better injury history than Dyson for sure.

Freeman's either washed up or close to it. Sanders would be a great pickup.
                        i get what your saying... i guess i just have to trust in the fact that reed is good enough to WIN the #2 job from any of those guys.

Comment

• kgun12
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
                          Would you just stop Josh Reed is not slow he's just not as fast as price he's probably the same speed as moulds. Josh Reed ran a 4.5 in the NFL combine last year that is not super fast and is not that slow either. He ran the same speed as Antonio Bryant, Jabar Gaffney, Ron Johnson wr's from last years draft. Go Bills!
                          he is not slow, he's not as fast as Price. qoute by knun12 ("No matter who we bring in Reeds size and speed (or lack of speed for NFL standards)" I think that is what I said! but thanks for agreeing with me.

I also compared him to Andre Reed so I don't think I was insluting him
                          Retired Air Traffic Controller
                          USAF VETERAN
                          DAV

Comment

• Schobel94
                            The Sack Master
                            • Jan 2003

Has anyone actually watched Reed play, I mean, it sounds like you guys are just goin by his 40 times. He looked nothing short of spectacular this year, in the first NE game it was liek 2rd and 18, did u see the moves he put on to get the first down, deaking out one guy then bowling over the last guy. Or how about in the Vikings game when he made that spectacular diving catch, he ahd over 100 yards that game. I mean, c'mon he was sooooooo underutilized. He looked amazing this year.
                            Beware the sack master!

Comment

• 4thAndLong
                              I'm Really 4 and Short
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Schobel94
                              Has anyone actually watched Reed play, I mean, it sounds like you guys are just goin by his 40 times. He looked nothing short of spectacular this year, in the first NE game it was liek 2rd and 18, did u see the moves he put on to get the first down, deaking out one guy then bowling over the last guy. Or how about in the Vikings game when he made that spectacular diving catch, he ahd over 100 yards that game. I mean, c'mon he was sooooooo underutilized. He looked amazing this year.
                              Agreed, he looked like a vet. This kid is amazing and plays very smart football. He has hands of glue and isn't fast, but speed isn't an essential to a WR, I remember a slot receiver who was also named Reed that wasn't too bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X