Spikes is 100% gone and I think we have too many holes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Spikes is 100% gone and I think we have too many holes...

I would like to say that I was TOTALLY WRONG ON the McGahee trade. I never thought we would get rid of him with a year to go on his contract.

Marv is determined to bring charcter back to this organization. Spikes is all but gone. I actually believe he is in the same character dog house. Don't think for a moment that him and Fletcher, with all of their whinning, didn't end up in the Jauron/Levy dog house.

The Bills are not in the "win now" mode of thinking. They are determined to bring guys in that they can build on. I like it as a businessman but hate it as a fan because we are still, most likely, another year away from being a contender.
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Spikes is 100% gone and I think we have too many holes...

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
    I would like to say that I was TOTALLY WRONG ON the McGahee trade. I never thought we would get rid of him with a year to go on his contract.

Marv is determined to bring charcter back to this organization. Spikes is all but gone. I actually believe he is in the same character dog house. Don't think for a moment that him and Fletcher, with all of their whinning, didn't end up in the Jauron/Levy dog house.

The Bills are not in the "win now" mode of thinking. They are determined to bring guys in that they can build on. I like it as a businessman but hate it as a fan because we are still, most likely, another year away from being a contender.
    Well, Jauron has said he is our starting OLB for next year. He gave no indication they intend to trade him.

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

I disagree. Juaron stated in the press conference the other say that Spikes is our starter. Does that mean he won't be traded? No. But I think it would take the right price to make the move. Now if the Bears wanted to swap LBs, I think the Bills jump at the chance to move Spikes for Briggs. With that being said, unless someone pulls a high 1st day draft pick out of their ass and offers it up on a silver platter, Spike stays.

Comment

• X-Era
        • Feb 2005

That said, I continue to agree that we are void of "stars". Most of the top teams have at least one player who is top 10 or even 5 in their respective category. Outside of a monster year by Schobel, we dont have another one.

This team did the right thing IMO, which was to get rid of our supposed "stars" who werent living up to their billing, Clements, McGahee, even Fletch and then look to replace them.

But heres the big quandry. Are they trying to go and just replace with solid guys or are they lurking for new, true stars. I hope its the latter.

I hope our draft lands us a few new stars.

I think we need a few top players to add legitimacy, morale, hype, and leadership.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

What's wrong with Spikes' character? I never heard of a bad thing said about him.

If he's gone, its for ONE reason.. To shave money off the payroll, because he could play with one leg and he's still better than Ellison, who's already replacing crowell, who's already replacing fletcher.

There is no good reason to get rid of spikes in march. IF they were, then cut him before FA starts.. at this point, its ONLY about shaving dollars if they do

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• X-Era
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
            What's wrong with Spikes' character? I never heard of a bad thing said about him.

If he's gone, its for ONE reason.. To shave money off the payroll, because he could play with one leg and he's still better than Ellison, who's already replacing crowell, who's already replacing fletcher.

There is no good reason to get rid of spikes in march. IF they were, then cut him before FA starts.. at this point, its ONLY about shaving dollars if they do
            Agree, I havent seen any character issues. In fact, if kept, he could be one of our leaders. Im pulling for him to make a full recovery and suprise us all by becoming a pro-bowler.

If they get rid of him, I think its for money too, but only because hes not worth what were paying him. Last years version of Spikes wasnt worth 4 mill per, but a pro-bowl version of Spikes is worth every penny.

I think it all comes down to the Bills evaluation on whether he regains form or not.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

I agree. I think it would be beneficial for the team if they rather wait and see how he does at camp or even OTA's before deciding anything. The bills are in no rush to get rid of him. If Marv himself said that the bills didn't have a "get rid of him at all cost" with the Willis situation, all the more with spikes.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

I just fell off my chair when you said you agreed.

Comment

• jpdex12
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by jp-era
                  Agree, I havent seen any character issues. In fact, if kept, he could be one of our leaders. Im pulling for him to make a full recovery and suprise us all by becoming a pro-bowler.

If they get rid of him, I think its for money too, but only because hes not worth what were paying him. Last years version of Spikes wasnt worth 4 mill per, but a pro-bowl version of Spikes is worth every penny.

I think it all comes down to the Bills evaluation on whether he regains form or not.
                  We are most likely hiding any intentions that we want to trade Spikes. If we make him seem like we need him next year then we will be offered more in trade for him. I don't know why OBD leaked info that he may not be completely healthy now. That does not help his trade vvalue.
                  Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    I agree. I think it would be ebneficial for the team if they rather wait and see how he does at camp or even OTA's before deciding anything. The bills are in no rush to get rid of him. If Marv himself said that the bills didn't have a "get rid of him at all cost" with the Willis situation, all the more with spikes.
                    Okay, let's be real here. Mcgahee was gone. The articles up to the trade were that Buffalo was "determined" to deal McGahee.

Now I was on vacation and had limited time to the internet etc. Did we take Spikes off the market or did something change. Heck, before I left there were rumors that if we didn't trade him he was going to be cut. What did Jauron say that i missed?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

IM not saying he didnt say anything bout TKO, but if he did I didnt hear it..

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

I just fell off my chair when you said you agreed.
                        I've never had any problems with your football knowledge. It's only when you try to pull an OP P , yeah you know me .
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

IM not saying he didnt say anything bout TKO, but if he did I didnt hear it..
                          And if he did, so what? It's March. Who they say their starters are now means nothing. As of this moment our starting RB is Shaud Williams. I have a feeling the starting lineup will change by September.
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jpdex12
                            We are most likely hiding any intentions that we want to trade Spikes. If we make him seem like we need him next year then we will be offered more in trade for him. I don't know why OBD leaked info that he may not be completely healthy now. That does not help his trade vvalue.
                            Can someone explain to me what's going on? The official Bills site had Spikes on the trading block when I left last week. What changed? Where did we leak that he's still not healty.

By the way, I'm the one that keeps telling you that he is never going to be 100% based on the original injury.

I need some info!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Okay, let's be real here. Mcgahee was gone. The articles up to the trade were that Buffalo was "determined" to deal McGahee.

Now I was on vacation and had limited time to the internet etc. Did we take Spikes off the market or did something change. Heck, before I left there were rumors that if we didn't trade him he was going to be cut. What did Jauron say that i missed?

watch the Marv's interview on bb.com. It wasn't a "trade Willis at all cost". Spikes may have been the one to say he wants a trade. Doesn't mean our coaches will trade him. Unlike Willis, Spikes isn't one who will sit it out if he doesn't get his way.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X