PDA

View Full Version : Fixing our RB situation

Jaybird
03-10-2007, 10:43 AM
So a second for turner might happen, but it wont be till draft day! The reason is we could package our first and second to move up in the draft. 5th or 6th pick. If peterson is still on the board (or calvin) i could see us doing that. Turner will cost us a second anyway, so we arent losing anything, just the chance at a superstar back like Peterson.

Keep on Truckin!!!!!!!!

HHURRICANE
03-10-2007, 10:54 AM
So a second for turner might happen, but it wont be till draft day! The reason is we could package our first and second to move up in the draft. 5th or 6th pick. If peterson is still on the board (or calvin) i could see us doing that. Turner will cost us a second anyway, so we arent losing anything, just the chance at a superstar back like Peterson.

Keep on Truckin!!!!!!!!

Are you talking about Michael Turner? Because if you are that is never happening.

Goobylal
03-10-2007, 12:17 PM
Are you talking about Michael Turner? Because if you are that is never happening.
Sure it could. The Chargers risk losing Turner next year for nothing because they will NOT franchise him (they can't trade him right now for a 1st and 3rd, what chance do you think they'll have next year when the franchise tender is in the $5M range?). The only thing I can think is that they're hoping a team loses a RB later-on and can trade him for a 1st, but that doesn't happen anymore. Hence the best move would be for Marv to contact SD on the day of the draft and offer their 2nd. If they balk, ue the 2nd and then do the same before their first 3rd rounder.

HHURRICANE
03-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Sure it could. The Chargers risk losing Turner next year for nothing because they will NOT they franchise him (they can't trade him right now for a 1st and 3rd, what makes them think they'll do it next year when the franchise tender is in the $5M range?). The only thing I can think is that they're hoping a team loses a RB later-on and can trade him for a 1st, but that doesn't happen anymore. Hence the best move would be for Marv to contact SD on the day of the draft and offer their 2nd. If they balk, ue the 2nd and then do the same before their first 3rd rounder.

No it doesn't. The Chargers are intent on keeping him because they feel they have a shot at winning a Super Bowl right now. They are on record, for the zillionth time, that they are unwilling to negotiate. If we are giving up a 1st and 3rd we might as well take Calvin Johnson or Adrain peterson. It's not going to happen. End of thread.

Goobylal
03-10-2007, 01:31 PM
I said I would offer them a 2nd rounder during the draft. No way I'd give up a 1st and 3rd.

HHURRICANE
03-10-2007, 01:35 PM
I said I would offer them a 2nd rounder during the draft. No way I'd give up a 1st and 3rd.

And they are on record as saying that aren't taking a 2nd so move on.

Don't Panic
03-10-2007, 02:11 PM
The 41st pick in the draft is a pretty nice little treat... hard to ignore that puppy when you consider you're giving up a backup to get it. Dangle it now and see what happens. Are you telling me that if its #32 (1st round) they unequivocally say yes, but that when it slips down 9 spots its a hard no? Not so sure about that... and please, never listen to what other teams' front offices are saying. They have a vested interest in throwing the public off their true intentions, so take what they say with a grain of salt.

Jaybird
03-10-2007, 02:44 PM
stop saying they go on record.......teams say that but it means NOTHING

ShadowHawk7
03-10-2007, 06:21 PM
PLEASE stop talking about Turner. The Chargers have already stated that the 1st + 3rd round price for him is non-negotiable. And if you think that's worth it, go spam a different board!