PDA

View Full Version : Nice Article on How Peterson could fall to us

DWadeThaFuture
03-10-2007, 12:26 PM
here is a nice article from nfl.com on how adrian peterson could fall to us...

http://nfl.com/news/story/10050457

clumping platelets
03-10-2007, 12:37 PM
I would be shocked if Peterson fell to us at #12 but if he did.........:bighug:

McBFLO
03-10-2007, 01:34 PM
If Cleveland does pass on him (which I personally don't think they will unless they trade out of that #3 spot, especially since they traded Droughns), what would it take pick-wise to move up to #6?

I'm assuming here that the Bucs (with Cadillac on their roster and Calvin Johnson in their sights) wouldn't take him. Neither would Arizona since they have Edge, nor the 'Skins since they have Portis and Betts. The next team I could see taking Peterson is the Vikings, so if we were entertaining thoughts of trading up to get Peterson, the 'Skins spot at #6 seems to me the most logical. So again, my question, what would it take to get up to that #6 spot?

Joe Fo Sho
03-10-2007, 01:42 PM
If Cleveland does pass on him (which I personally don't think they will unless they trade out of that #3 spot, especially since they traded Droughns), what would it take pick-wise to move up to #6?

I'm assuming here that the Bucs (with Cadillac on their roster and Calvin Johnson in their sights) wouldn't take him. Neither would Arizona since they have Edge, nor the 'Skins since they have Portis and Betts. The next team I could see taking Peterson is the Vikings, so if we were entertaining thoughts of trading up to get Peterson, the 'Skins spot at #6 seems to me the most logical. So again, my question, what would it take to get up to that #6 spot?

I dont know the answer to your question, Im just hoping that Minny is happy with CHester Taylor, cuz that would be kick-ass.

Ron Burgundy
03-10-2007, 02:08 PM
So again, my question, what would it take to get up to that #6 spot?

Our first and second round picks.

Don't Panic
03-10-2007, 02:22 PM
I dont know the answer to your question, Im just hoping that Minny is happy with CHester Taylor, cuz that would be kick-ass.

That got me thinking... if he slides to Minnesota, a new development opens up. If the Vikes just can't pass on the guy, they may look to move Taylor. Our first 3rd round pick should be enough to pry him loose. Now he's a guy I'd actually be willing to take a chance on as a feature back.

kernowboy
03-10-2007, 02:25 PM
I don't think we'd move up. We need every pick to count and we could pick up Brian Leonard in R2

Philagape
03-10-2007, 02:28 PM
I think Houston's a possibility ... Ahman Green is 30

FlyingDutchman
03-10-2007, 03:13 PM
I think the Texans would be a threat to take him. If he did slip we would have to trade up with Minnesota who could still grab a WR or DE at the 12 spot.

DWadeThaFuture
03-10-2007, 03:44 PM
i doubt that the Texans will grab him. i know that Ahman Green is getting old and has fallen off alot but they still have a guy they like as a backup in Wali Lundy. that and they will probably wait until next season to draft a franchise back. next years RB class is pretty deep and i doubt they paid Green a decent chunk of change just to backup a rookie. just my opinion.

Carlton Bailey
03-10-2007, 03:50 PM
If the Texans don't take AP, he's ours. And I'd definitely buy season tickets if we got him.

patmoran2006
03-10-2007, 04:02 PM
He's going to Cleveland at 3...

If by some miracle he doesnt, we'd have to move up to at least 6th to get him, and thats too costly, becuase its doubtful we'll add anyone else via FA that matters before the draft, leaving us with far too many holes to fill.

DWadeThaFuture
03-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Cleveland has to many holes to fill and they signed Jamal Lewis to hold them down until next years draft

Mr. Pink
03-10-2007, 06:21 PM
Cleveland is drafting AP. The only way they don't is if they trade down. And if they trade down, you can sure as hell bet, whoever moves up to their spot is doing so to take AP.

The only way cleveland may stay at 3 and draft someone else is if JMarc is available. Owner Randy Lerner is allegedly enamored with the guy.

ShadowHawk7
03-10-2007, 06:23 PM
Not a bad idea at all, although I'm still sure that Clevland takes him. J Lewis signed a 1 year contract slightly above vet min.

McBFLO
03-12-2007, 07:15 PM
If JMarc goes to Oakland, and Detroit surprises and takes Quinn at #2, then Cleveland will have a MAJOR decision on their hands: franchise back or franchise left tackle. Tha would leave them in an AWESOME position in trading back a couple spots. If someone wanted to trade up for CJ, they could entertain thoughts of moving back a few picks, say to pick #7 from Minnesota, and still get Peterson while picking up a 2nd and/or 3rd rounder.

Trades are bound to happen. So a lot of, in fact ALL of these mock drafts are kinda stupid IMO. It's still interesting as hell though.

patmoran2006
03-12-2007, 07:23 PM
cant tell you who will take who where.

But you can bet your life that Russell, Quinn, Thomas, Peterson and Johnson are going to be the first five taken by some team, either standing pat or via trade. Gaines Adams and Jamall Anderson are also top 8 locks.. anyone after that, a lot of things can happen.

But unless Buffalo plans on moving up at least 7 spots, forget about Peterson.. Which I'm sure Buffalo will.

Now- If Ralph wants to get a little nutty, go out and sign Cato June and a legit CB, I'll give up almost the entire draft to get Peterson and not think twice if I'm the Bills.

McBFLO
03-12-2007, 07:26 PM
I'm starting to realize that unless Peterson falls to 7 or 8, he won't be a Bill.

Saratoga Slim
03-13-2007, 09:30 AM
Cleveland is drafting AP. The only way they don't is if they trade down. And if they trade down, you can sure as hell bet, whoever moves up to their spot is doing so to take AP.

The only way cleveland may stay at 3 and draft someone else is if JMarc is available. Owner Randy Lerner is allegedly enamored with the guy.

I think they'd be tempted by Joe Thomas, but I think you're right, they'll take Peterson. Jamal Lewis is only a stop gap, I'll be surprised if they signed him as their feature back for 2007 (though Lewis seemed to think so in an interview I heard on Sirius).

Don't get me wrong, I'll be absolutely thrilled if Peterson falls. But I'm not going to spend any more time dreaming about it. If we get lucky, then great.

User Manuel
03-13-2007, 09:36 AM
If JMarc goes to Oakland, and Detroit surprises and takes Quinn at #2, then Cleveland will have a MAJOR decision on their hands: franchise back or franchise left tackle. Tha would leave them in an AWESOME position in trading back a couple spots. If someone wanted to trade up for CJ, they could entertain thoughts of moving back a few picks, say to pick #7 from Minnesota, and still get Peterson while picking up a 2nd and/or 3rd rounder.

Trades are bound to happen. So a lot of, in fact ALL of these mock drafts are kinda stupid IMO. It's still interesting as hell though.

I'd have to take the LT. Its the only way to get a reasonably priced LT for 5 years.

User Manuel
03-13-2007, 09:38 AM
I worry about his injuries. He seemed injury prone to me. I'd still take him though.

I have heard rumours that Dallas would give the farm for him? Imagine if he fell to 12. I would trade down with Dallas for picks and maybe Jones and take the best player available.

THATHURMANATOR
03-13-2007, 09:42 AM
I can't see Cleveland passing on him.

Earthquake Enyart
03-13-2007, 10:20 AM
I can't see Cleveland passing on him.
I can. I can see them taking Quinn.