PDA

View Full Version : Time for me to stit the pot... Pats look scary.

HHURRICANE
03-10-2007, 12:32 PM
I'm sorry but the Pats look downright scary. Thomas and Welker were both great pickups. Uhh, in addition, they have 2 first round picks. These guys are great at drafting so I suspect that they will be even better after draft day.

If the Bills don't want to rot in the AFC East for another 2-3 years they had better address the following:

1) Legit #2 receiver.

2) Stud RB, we do not have Peyton Manning as our QB.

3) LBs (2), DE, and DT.

That's a big list to be all filled with rookies so I'm not feeling real good right now.

And if we draft a CB with our first pick I'm personally going to trash our GM who decided not to get anything for the one we lost. By the way are we getting comp picks?!

SABURZFAN
03-10-2007, 02:46 PM
stit or get off the pot. :up:

kernowboy
03-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Thomas is a great pickup but Welker is a bit of a smurf .....

We could address the following by

1) A legit No2 .. we could pickup someone like Kelley Washington, but I'd go for a 2xTE set and draft in R1 the huge Greg Olsen in R1 - at 6ft6, 254lbs and 4.51 speed he's going to get down the field, and be a great target

2) a stud RB will be difficult this year but in R2 Brian Leonard could do a good job and we could get a smaller RB in 2008 for thunder and lightening combo

3) I don't think we'll do anything a DE, but at DT it will be difficult. I think me may look for a project in DeRosia, DeVito or Keenan Carter on Day2 or maybe even trade a Day2 pick for a youngster like Anttaj Hawthorne who can rotate in at NT to stuff the run - as for LBs, both two of the top FA LBs were drafted in R3 and R6, hell Thomas was a R6 pickup

Therefore if we draft Zak deOssie (6ft4.5, 250lbs, 4.62) and Tim Shaw (6ft1, 236lbs, 4.49) with R3a and R3b .. the 2007 season is not so bad.

Mitchy moo
03-10-2007, 03:04 PM
JP is going to have more time this season, which gives the Bills a chance to hold leads and the ball.

Goobylal
03-10-2007, 03:06 PM
Here is the counter-point:

A lot will depend on how fast/well Thomas picks-up the Pats' system. As reported by Don Banks, TEN Ravens defenders have left the team under Billick and done absolutely nothing with their new teams. Now if it were a handful, I wouldn't put much credence into it. And Thomas will be 30 by the time the season starts.

As for Welker, he's not the WR they need, but he's a good addition. I assume they'll look to the draft for another WR, given that Caldwell and Gaffney don't scare anyone and last year's 2nd rounder Chad Jackson didn't impress and tore his ACL in the AFCCG.

The Pats lost 2 good players in Daniel Graham, a great blocker and decent receiver, and Corey Dillon, who was a hammer. Maroney is wholly unproven, looked injury-prone, and will be entering his sophomore season.

Also don't underestimate the effect that Bridgette Moynahan and possible Giselle Bundchen having Tom Brady's babies will have on him. It's much easier to concentrate on football when you're single and have no real responsibilities outside of football.

And of course, injuries will play a role, as they always do with them.

justasportsfan
03-10-2007, 03:25 PM
HA! They did nothing significant enough for me to even wonder if they can get past Tim Anderson and Parrish at DT.

HHURRICANE
03-10-2007, 03:36 PM
Be in denial all you want but the Patriots are still the team to beat. And not just in the East.

Brady's personal life is the only feasible distraction that I see.

justasportsfan
03-10-2007, 03:38 PM
Be in denial all you want but the Patriots are still the team to beat. And not just in the East.

Brady's personal life is the only feasible distraction that I see.Puhlease. Their new lb'er thomas is gonna have to catch Shaud first. :shakeno:

patmoran2006
03-10-2007, 03:59 PM
I think 11 of us could throw a defense out there and hold Shaud under 60 yards.

YardRat
03-10-2007, 04:28 PM
I think 11 of us could throw a defense out there and hold Shaud under 60 yards.

I'll play corner...I'm pretty sure I couldn't handle Peters, Dockery, Fowler, or even Walker at the line of scrimmage.

BuffFan615
03-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Brady's goat is also pregnant I hear :baghead:

patmoran2006
03-10-2007, 04:37 PM
I'll play corner...I'm pretty sure I couldn't handle Peters, Dockery, Fowler, or even Walker at the line of scrimmage.
Make Dr Lecter play Right defensive end and hopefully Dockery will blindside him on a left guard pull.

patmoran2006
03-10-2007, 04:38 PM
BTW..

This post is 100% accurate, NE is retooling like a mofo.

Thomas is sick, and Welker is going to be fun little toy for Brady to play with. At worst, he'll be another Troy Brown there.

BTW, they are also not done. I expect them to get another WR as well as maybe a little more defensive backfield help.

OpIv37
03-10-2007, 04:41 PM
Puhlease. Their new lb'er thomas is gonna have to catch Shaud first. :shakeno:

you can't be serious, right?

You don't have to catch Shaud because he's too small- if you exhale in his general direction, he falls down.

OpIv37
03-10-2007, 04:43 PM
BTW, they are also not done. I expect them to get another WR as well as maybe a little more defensive backfield help.

when it comes to the Pats, so far this is the ONLY thing shaping up in our favor- their defensive backfield is still weak, and if our new OL can give JP some time, he might be able to make them pay.

But overall it looks like the Pats have upgraded again. Keep in mind they made it to the AFC Championship game again last year, have two key additions, and haven't really lost anyone of note.

Oh, and getting Thomas Jones was huge for the Jets as well. I think they're poised for a decent run. Life in the AFCE will be difficult.

YardRat
03-10-2007, 04:46 PM
Wouldn't it suck if NE packaged some picks to move far enough up to get Landry?

SABURZFAN
03-10-2007, 04:48 PM
Make Dr Lecter play Right defensive end and hopefully Dockery will blindside him on a left guard pull.

dockery and Lecter weigh about the same so i'd like to see them collide. :up:

patmoran2006
03-10-2007, 04:48 PM
I dont even want to think about that.

feelthepain
03-10-2007, 05:09 PM
when it comes to the Pats, so far this is the ONLY thing shaping up in our favor- their defensive backfield is still weak, and if our new OL can give JP some time, he might be able to make them pay.

But overall it looks like the Pats have upgraded again. Keep in mind they made it to the AFC Championship game again last year, have two key additions, and haven't really lost anyone of note.

Oh, and getting Thomas Jones was huge for the Jets as well. I think they're poised for a decent run. Life in the AFCE will be difficult.

The report on Dockery is he's mostly a run blocking G, not much of a pass blocking G. Langston Walker is nothing more then depth...and not very good depth at that. Do you see the Bills trading up to take Joe Thomas, because I really don't see a marked improvement for the Bills Oline. A litttle better perhaps, but not really a big improvement, and who's gonna run the ball for the Bills?? So I'm not sure I understand what "new OL" you're talking about.

Night Train
03-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Welker is a good return man but hasn't proven a thing at WR. He was waaaay overpaid.

Maroney had injury issues in College and surprise, he fought injuries for the Pats. Pats will look for another RB, since a Maroney injury is highly likely.

Thomas is a good signing.

Comp picks come the following year.

Who cares if you scream, other than Pat and a few others of your ilk. Attention at any cost is your point anyhow.

OpIv37
03-10-2007, 05:51 PM
The report on Dockery is he's mostly a run blocking G, not much of a pass blocking G. Langston Walker is nothing more then depth...and not very good depth at that. Do you see the Bills trading up to take Joe Thomas, because I really don't see a marked improvement for the Bills Oline. A litttle better perhaps, but not really a big improvement, and who's gonna run the ball for the Bills?? So I'm not sure I understand what "new OL" you're talking about.

well, for those who don't pay attention, we reshuffled the OL after the bye (ie, after both games against the Pats last season) and the pass blocking was significantly improved. Now we added Dockery, so that's a good thing. And either Walker or Pennington will have to step it up to win the starting job, so our OL will be fine.

It's DL, RB, CB and LB that scare me.

kernowboy
03-10-2007, 05:55 PM
Anthony Adams is available as a FA. Whilst not the biggest DT, he is reasonably quick and agile over short distances and is a tough tenacious guy. Having played NT in a 3-4 wouldn't he be able to rotate with Williams at the NT in the Tampa2 giving us 4 solid tackes.

kgun12
03-10-2007, 05:56 PM

The report from who...and this coming fom MR. NFL. I know the fins line last year was better the the Bills, come on who agrees with me. I come on a BIlls board sooo everyone here can tell me how good the Dolphins are. :blah: :blah:

Go away!

feelthepain
03-10-2007, 06:11 PM
well, for those who don't pay attention, we reshuffled the OL after the bye (ie, after both games against the Pats last season) and the pass blocking was significantly improved. Now we added Dockery, so that's a good thing. And either Walker or Pennington will have to step it up to win the starting job, so our OL will be fine.

It's DL, RB, CB and LB that scare me.

Well, I'll take the wait and see approach, cause at the moment you don't even have a tailback.

BTW, I pay attention. You won one more game in your final 8 then you did in your first 8 and it's not unusual for teams to play better in the second half of a season when they get into a rythm and they get use to the weekly grind again.

feelthepain
03-10-2007, 06:16 PM
The report from who...and this coming fom MR. NFL. I know the fins line last year was better the the Bills, come on who agrees with me. I come on a BIlls board sooo everyone here can tell me how good the Dolphins are. :blah: :blah:

Go away!

Oh sorry, for Bill fans like you everything has to be awsome. So.....the Bills are awsome, their line is awsome. Their QB is awsome, their Defense is awsome, their coach is awsome, their fans are awsome.

There, I sure hope that was compeling enough for you. Anything else Hitler??