PDA

View Full Version : There is absolutely NO way that we trade for Turner or trade up for Peterson

more cowbell
03-10-2007, 03:15 PM
We traded Willis for two reasons
1. Because he didn't want to be here anymore
2. To get more draft picks

Marv obviously wants to build this team through the draft, and based on his draft last year I trust him.

Therefore

We are not going to give away all of the extra picks we have to move up and draft a Adrian Peterson...while we can easily grab a decent RB in the later rounds in an extremely deep draft of RB's

We have way too many holes to fill to trade away picks just to replace one need. It makes no sense...trade your starting running back for picks...get rid of those picks plus your first round pick...and replace him with an unproven NFL back. (Yes Turner has played before...but he hasn't started an entire game or season. Yes Adrian Peterson was great in college...but then again so was McGahee.)

In Marv I Trust. Go Bills

camelcowboy
03-10-2007, 03:27 PM

Marv obviously wants to build this team through the draft, and based on his draft last year I trust him.

Therefore

We are not going to give away all of the extra picks we have to move up and draft a Adrian Peterson...while we can easily grab a decent RB in the later rounds in an extremely deep draft of RB's

We have way too many holes to fill to trade away picks just to replace one need. It makes no sense...trade your starting running back for picks...get rid of those picks plus your first round pick...and replace him with an unproven NFL back. (Yes Turner has played before...but he hasn't started an entire game or season. Yes Adrian Peterson was great in college...but then again so was McGahee.)

maybe they just wanted to dump mcgahee, to be honest more picks means more flexibilty so i think a trade, or trading up is very possible, But thats my opinion just like yours that they won't make a trade. Don't say its not going to happen because you don't know for sure. I don't think anyone knows what the bills are going to do. Thats why even though we have lost alot, the mystery is making this one of the more memorable offseasons.

HHURRICANE
03-10-2007, 03:33 PM

Therefore

Turner is not an option. 100% agree with you.

DWadeThaFuture
03-10-2007, 03:49 PM
wasnt Turner just some reporters "idea"? or did the BILLS actually express an interest?

as for Peterson, i think that he may be on our radar but i would be 100% happy with a guy like Marshawn Lynch in our backfield.

Mitchy moo
03-10-2007, 03:52 PM
One reason to acquire more draft picks is to give you flexibility to give some away to move up. We're moving up for a Stud RB, Bills played possum with these RB that have showed up so far.

acehole
03-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Ok the honest question. We swap position in the first and third for M Turner. A wash in picks (Not losing any) and still grabbing a LB in the bottom of round one? Build through the draft yes...but only the draft? No. We seem to like journey men...players cheap enough to afford and promising. I can't imaging Turner wouldnt except an incentive ladel deal to be a starter this year. I can't imaging AJ smith not licking his chops at 12 over all. Win Win Win. LB's can be found down the line a bit.

I think nothing really happens until the draft.

Therefore

acehole
03-10-2007, 04:03 PM
wasnt Turner just some reporters "idea"? or did the BILLS actually express an interest?

as for Peterson, i think that he may be on our radar but i would be 100% happy with a guy like Marshawn Lynch in our backfield.

I was the first to bring this up here....anywhere that I can remember.

Pinkerton Security
03-10-2007, 04:03 PM

Therefore

I kinda see what you're saying, but isnt it kind of self-defeating to say he wont trade up for Peterson, and also say he's building through the draft?

I think that drafting a stud RB is the 2nd best way to build a franchise, especially in the usually blie-collar AFC east, even if we have to give up a couple extra picks to get his rights. They traded up to get MCCargo, JP, and others, even though JP was a different management. I just think APeterson is an f'n stud and should we have the opportunity to get him without Ditka'ing it and giving away our whole draft, I say go for it.

camelcowboy
03-10-2007, 04:07 PM
Say a player falls to twelve the chargers MIGHT WANT HIM, MAYBE A CORNER OR A SAFETY Turner becomes a chip.

patmoran2006
03-10-2007, 04:11 PM
I"ve been studying mock drafts and team "needs' like you read about for the past week, attempting to find out not necessarily what players will go in what order in the draft, but by position.

I estimate that if Buffalo takes a RB, they could have the fourth back taken off the board with their first pick in the third round.

1- Cleveland is taking Peterson thats the way it is.
2- I have GB taking Lynch at 16.
3- I have Houston taking a RB in round two (at least in my mock I do)

Bush, Irons, Pittman and Hunt are the next 4 rated RB's after Lynch. Only 1 of these four should be gone when Buffalo is on the clock in round three, two at the most (if tenny goes RB in round two, which I dont think they do)

acehole
03-10-2007, 04:14 PM
Thanks Pat. Don't know much about any of those 2nd teir backs....any of those you mentioned a back we can build around?

I"ve been studying mock drafts and team "needs' like you read about for the past week, attempting to find out not necessarily what players will go in what order in the draft, but by position.

I estimate that if Buffalo takes a RB, they could have the fourth back taken off the board with their first pick in the third round.

1- Cleveland is taking Peterson thats the way it is.
2- I have GB taking Lynch at 16.
3- I have Houston taking a RB in round two (at least in my mock I do)

Bush, Irons, Pittman and Hunt are the next 4 rated RB's after Lynch. Only 1 of these four should be gone when Buffalo is on the clock in round three, two at the most (if tenny goes RB in round two, which I dont think they do)

TigerJ
03-10-2007, 04:30 PM
You have no argument from me.

OpIv37
03-10-2007, 04:57 PM

Therefore

finally, someone making sense. We can get production out of the RB position without trading away half our draft.

patmoran2006
03-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Thanks Pat. Don't know much about any of those 2nd teir backs....any of those you mentioned a back we can build around?
Don't know if he'll be the popular choice here, but I'm a fan of Penn State's Tony Hunt.

He's not as fast as Irons or Pittman, but he's a lot bigger (6'2", 233 lbs). He actually runs a lot like Willis McGahee, except he's not as big of an *******. He doesnt have that elite speed, but he will consistently move the chains.

FlyingDutchman
03-10-2007, 05:14 PM
And i probably wont win the lottery, but its fun to speculate.

kernowboy
03-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Don't know if he'll be the popular choice here, but I'm a fan of Penn State's Tony Hunt.

He's not as fast as Irons or Pittman, but he's a lot bigger (6'2", 233 lbs). He actually runs a lot like Willis McGahee, except he's not as big of an *******. He doesnt have that elite speed, but he will consistently move the chains.

In which case wouldn't Brian Leonard be as good an option? He's a little quicker, is a better receiver and blocker due to playing FB for a lot of his career, but can also churn out the yardage. He's marginally smaller 7lbs but would easily move the chains ... and come the 2008 draft if we had one of a much better class of RBs fall to us we could easily move Leonard to FB

As it is he could easily be a hammer in a 1 back set, with us utilising 3 WRs or 2WRs and 2TEs especially if we go offence and grab Olsen in the first

Illmatic15
03-10-2007, 06:21 PM
But still if Peterson drops to washington then we should atleast try hard to trade up and get A-pete. I would certainly give up our 1st and 3rd rounders for him...

Bert102176
03-11-2007, 05:29 AM
I think we should sing Kevin Curtis draft Willis in the 1st, Bush in the 2nd and Leonard in the 3rd

Night Train
03-11-2007, 08:05 AM
The Bills will take a RB on draft day 1, another on day 2 and another on the RB rich day 1 next year. We'll sign one vet and maybe bring back A. Thomas, since no one else wants him.