PDA

View Full Version : Is it Me or does Miller...

SabreEleven
03-10-2007, 03:56 PM
Goes down to the butterfly waaaaaaaaayyyy to early. I have been watching him the last few games. He has been in the butterfly position before guys even take a shot. Players are really starting to shot high on him. This is scaring me.

Watch him tonight and see if you see the same thing.

Discuss.

Ebenezer
03-10-2007, 03:59 PM
Personally, I think he (and the team) are tired - that and playing teams that play the trap does not help.

SabreEleven
03-10-2007, 04:01 PM
But all teams are tired at this point of the season. His form is going to improve in the playoffs?

Ebenezer
03-10-2007, 04:12 PM
all teams are tired but this goes back to my point about playing at 100% speed all the time. No team does that. No team would be able to do that if the old adage about "kicking it up a notch" in the playoffs is true. I think the Sabres have been going on Full Speed all year. I hope I am wrong but this team may be playing at the only level they can attain right now. Detroit is just catching fire and has the experience (and Dom) to "turn it up" for the playoffs. Buffalo had better only be playing at "90%" right now.

BuffFan615
03-10-2007, 04:19 PM
I think the Sabres are at full speed, but at the same time it has to be stated that we are still missing what 6 guys and Drury cant be 100% yet. So yes we may be going full speed but we will be getting some fresh legs back soon so as far as potential goes I would say we are at 85%. As far as right now we are at 100%

Dr. Lecter
03-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Some of the minor leauge guys being in the line-up is catching up to them.

Kaleta is not, in way, ready for the NHL.

BlackMetalNinja
03-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Some of the minor leauge guys being in the line-up is catching up to them.

Kaleta is not, in way, ready for the NHL.

Glad somebody else finally noticed that. He goes so far out of his way to hit people it's rediculous. That crap costs you more than it helps you in the NHL.

Philagape
03-10-2007, 07:09 PM
I think we're really missing Max too. He adds another dimension. Without Max on his line, Vanek has been clearly less effective. Stafford looks good at times, other times not.

kgun12
03-10-2007, 07:11 PM
In a word YES!!!

BlackMetalNinja
03-10-2007, 07:11 PM
I think we're really missing Max too. He adds another dimension. Without Max on his line, Vanek has been clearly less effective. Stafford looks good at times, other times not.
Precisely what I was thinking early on in the game tonight!

chernobylwraiths
03-10-2007, 09:13 PM
I noticed that about Miller last year. It seemed that is how everyone scored on him in the playoffs. I think Ryan might be a little fatigued, maybe he is just going down a bit too early lately. I think it will be corrected. He still is in good position. I am more worried about the sloppy play lately. They look good for short stretches and look terrible for longer stretches. Three straight games giving up a short handed goal. Yeesh!