PDA

View Full Version : Turner, Trading up for Peterson, etc....

OpIv37
03-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Come on people, let's get real. There is no need to sell our souls to find a decent running back. If we sign one of the vets like Chris Brown or A-Train and use a 2nd or 3rd on a young RB, we'll be fine. We can get plenty of production out of the position without mortgaging our future by giving up draft picks. Our D is full of holes and since our FO isn't doing anything about it in FA, we're forced to rely on the draft and need every pick we can get our hands on.

patmoran2006
03-10-2007, 04:39 PM
They are going to resign A Train and draft a RB with their first of two third round picks.

That's what Im thinking these days anyway

YardRat
03-10-2007, 04:41 PM
I hope we get a guy on day two that just lights the world on fire from the get-go. I know, it's unlikely, but I'm allowed to dream every now and then.

kernowboy
03-10-2007, 04:43 PM
The way I see it is ...

We've resigned Shaud Williams.

If we draft Brian Leonard we have a top character guy with impressive athleticism who can become a feature back with us. Also with the versatility to play FB.

If using the extra R3 pick in the 2008 draft, we can move up and get a smaller fast RB like Steve Slaton, we have a new 'thunder and lightning' option.

Taking Leonard represents a more versatile option than picking up Michael Bush or Tony Hunt etc

OpIv37
03-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Shaud Williams is too small. I don't want to see any RB situation that has him above 3rd on the depth chart because it won't be good enough.

SABURZFAN
03-10-2007, 04:46 PM
i wish they would do away with the ban and let ICE back in.i'd like to hear what he has to say about petersen.

camelcowboy
03-10-2007, 04:54 PM
we finally beef up the o-line and then we trade our back. Im fine with trading willis, but don't tell me our best option is Chris Brown, Anthony Thomas, Shaud williams, why did we even trade him?im looking to upgrade the position drafting a back is fine, im ok with Lynch, but im pissed as hell that we need to fill huge holes at HB,FB,CB,DT,LB we can't fill all those needs in the draft. I guess i would like to see them at least talk to some of these few remaining quality freeagents.

ShadowHawk7
03-10-2007, 06:32 PM
Okay, look.

Brown + 2 3rd rounders + 7th rounder > McGahee

camelcowboy
03-10-2007, 06:34 PM
Okay, look.

Brown + 2 3rd rounders + 7th rounder > McGahee

Brown is garbage, your lucky if you could get 4 whole games out of him. I dont think the bills want him.

Mr. Pink
03-10-2007, 07:13 PM
Chris Brown probably pulled his vagina on the plane flight into Buffalo.

camelcowboy
03-10-2007, 07:39 PM
Chris Brown probably pulled his vagina on the plane flight into Buffalo.

they wanted to sign him but he sprained his finger on his writing hand eating breakfast.

billsburgh
03-11-2007, 12:11 AM
i wish they would do away with the ban and let ICE back in.i'd like to hear what he has to say about petersen.
He probably threw a party when it became official that Willis was traded to the Ravens. he was the biggest advocate for getting rid of Willis. I would have loved to hear his comments on the trade.

camelcowboy
03-11-2007, 12:25 AM
i wish they would do away with the ban and let ICE back in.i'd like to hear what he has to say about petersen. Ask The Answer im sure the response would be quite simular.

Nighthawk
03-11-2007, 09:48 AM
Come on people, let's get real. There is no need to sell our souls to find a decent running back. If we sign one of the vets like Chris Brown or A-Train and use a 2nd or 3rd on a young RB, we'll be fine. We can get plenty of production out of the position without mortgaging our future by giving up draft picks. Our D is full of holes and since our FO isn't doing anything about it in FA, we're forced to rely on the draft and need every pick we can get our hands on.

Sign Brown and draft Bush or Kenny Irons in the 2nd and we are good. Those 2RBs are flying under the radar and in my opinion, both will be good NFL RBs.