• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Tony Hunt

In my latest mock (not yet entirely completed or published)

I got the Buffalo Bills choosing Penn State RB Tony Hunt with their first pick in the third round.

Here's a very brief description why and how (I'll put the article up when it's published)

* After doing my studying, I have 3-4 RB's being taken before the Bills pick in round three. I got Peterson, Lynch and Bush gone for sure, and I got Pittman gone as well. I have Hunt rated as my 5th best RB.
    Last edited by patmoran2006; 03-10-2007, 05:09 PM.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Re: Tony Hunt

Originally posted by patmoran2006
    In my latest mock (not yet entirely completed or published)

I got the Buffalo Bills choosing Penn State RB Tony Hunt with their first pick in the third round.

Here's a very brief description why and how (I'll put the article up when it's published)

* After doing my studying, I have 3-4 RB's being taken before the Bills pick in round three. I got Peterson, Lynch and Bush gone for sure, and I got Pittman gone as well. I have Hunt rated as my 5th best RB.

For now, I'll just show you CURRENTLY who I have the Bills taking with their day one picks. Its kind of useless to debate anything at this point, because you can't see who might've been already gone or still on the board when the Bills picked. (Again, I'll get the peice up as soon as its completed and published soon)

1- Amobi Okoye, DT (Louisville)
    2- Rufus Alexander, LB (Oklahoma)
    3a- David Hunt, RB (Penn State)
    3b- Eric Wright, CB (UNLV)
    After the start of FA and the moves made as well as the results from the combine, I am looking at this is a decent draft

1- Greg Olsen, TE (Miami) a big receiving TE with decent speed who will allow us to go to a 2 TE set, replace that waste of space Everett and given decent matchups in our favour down the field.
    2- Brian Leonard, RB (Rutgers) a load in the middle with character, sufficient speed, strength and allowing us the versatility of maybe drafting a small fast back next year moving him to FB and having a thunder and lightning combo
    3a- Zac deOssie, MLB (Brown) a reach but a big aggressive MLB with the necessary speed and athleticism for the Tampa2
    3b- Tim Shaw OLB (Penn St) a guy moving up the charts who will be a solid pro for several years and a decent replacement for TKO after next year if not earlier. As he has also played OLB in a 3-4, we might be able to play some versatile D alignments

Day2
    Assuming we can trade down for Olsen (maybe 2-3 places for a R4) I'd go
    R4a- Doug Datish OL (Ohio St) can play anywhere on the line and could be the big replacement we need for Fowler
    R4b- Travarous Bain CB (Hampton) 6ft+, 180lbs 4.43

projects after this but if we can get the Raiders to part with Anttaj Hawthorne it would be Marv's 2nd good draft?

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Edited my original post with all the Bills picks (for now) for the reason that there is always someone else who could be the pick but without being able to see the entire list of team draft picks it's useless.

My point of the thread is I can see the Bills taking Tony Hunt with the first pick in round three.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Hall of Football is owned and operated by The Sports Xchange (TSX) which has provided news, analysis and research for fans and professionals since 1987.

I don't like the "competitiveness was questioned by scouts" comment. Other than that he looks pretty solid.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Well, things could change.

That's what I have for now anyway. The bigger point rather than an individual should've been I think we take our RB with the first pick in round three.. as only 3-4 RB's should be off the board at that time.

Comment

• Bmax
            • Aug 2003

Hunt too slow for my taste.... lacks moves ... Brandon Jackson from Neb.. or Walker from Notre dame would be better picks in rd 3 or 4....

Bmax

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

I think Jackson, and Henry are ideal backs for our offense
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

I think Jackson has some upside that I like.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Scumbag College
                  • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Bmax
                  Hunt too slow for my taste.... lacks moves ... Brandon Jackson from Neb.. or Walker from Notre dame would be better picks in rd 3 or 4....

Bmax
                  I think Walker ran 4.6 or so in his ND Pro Day, and he doesn't even weigh 200 lbs. I like Hunt's size and strength...I don't know if he is a franchise back, but looks kinda like a bruiser between the tackles type. Might be a nice #2 back behind our new gigantic O-Line, but definately isn't a feature back.
                  Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

Working...
                  X