PDA

View Full Version : I know this is not a need but OMG

acehole
03-11-2007, 11:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGyrgqOKZLg

LtFinFan66
03-11-2007, 11:22 AM
Nice video. Ted was the man for Ohio State!

Michael82
03-11-2007, 11:27 AM
You're wrong. This is a NEED! Our receivers after Lee Evans are pretty mediocre. :ill: I see us picking up a WR in round 3 or later.

I'd love to see Ted Ginn Jr. as a Bill, but we can't afford to take him in the 1st or 2nd round. :drool:

LtFinFan66
03-11-2007, 11:29 AM
The most amazing thing in that video was when he was at almost a complete stop and guys would be coming at a full sprint towards him then he would cit and BOOM!! Pulled away in a heartbeat

SquishDaFish
03-11-2007, 11:30 AM
Ginn would be sweet and would love to see him in a Bills uniform but we have 1 or 2 bigger needs we need to fill first. WR in rd 3 or so.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-11-2007, 11:37 AM
I don't see Ted Ginn being anything special in the NFL, at least not as a WR. He had a decent year last year but wasn't the best WR on his team. He does have the speed you desire but I just am not a big fan of him being great in the NFL. I wouldn't be suprised if he slips down a bit in the draft.

Michael82
03-11-2007, 11:52 AM
I don't see Ted Ginn being anything special in the NFL, at least not as a WR. He had a decent year last year but wasn't the best WR on his team. He does have the speed you desire but I just am not a big fan of him being great in the NFL. I wouldn't be suprised if he slips down a bit in the draft.
IF he's there in the 3rd round, I wouldn't hesitate to take him. I'd turn in the card with his name on it right away. :drool: :clap:

:pray:

Crisis
03-11-2007, 12:03 PM
Damn, never realised how fast he was.

There was maybe one person in the whole video who could almost keep up with him.

I could see him being the next Devin Hester.

patmoran2006
03-11-2007, 12:05 PM
This is a need. We need a #2 WR to take pressure off Evans. NOw that league knows how sick he is, they will be spending all week finding ways to contain him.

BTw, I dont like Ginn. I"d rather have Bowe or even Sidney Rice before him.

Dr. Lecter
03-11-2007, 12:11 PM
Ginn is fast, but runs poor routes and has average hands.

LtFinFan66
03-11-2007, 12:15 PM
He will only get better. He is still learning the WR position since he was a QB and all-state CB in high school. Give him a couple years with a good WR coach and he will be a badass IMO

Mitchy moo
03-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Well after watching the video I will safely say this cat can ball. Amazing speed and he fielding punts well so so much for the hands comments. If he is there in the 2nd round we have to grab him.

acehole
03-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Well after watching the video I will safely say this cat can ball. Amazing speed and he fielding punts well so so much for the hands comments. If he is there in the 2nd round we have to grab him.

I dont think he gets bye minny in the first

Tatonka
03-11-2007, 01:10 PM
here is one showing ginn, then irons, then jarrett, the michael bush if you want to see it

bush starts 4minutes in or around there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzOQOOMId0c

justasportsfan
03-11-2007, 01:13 PM
with a weapon like that, who needs a D? Bring him in and get rid of Davis.

JP rolls out to his right , noooooooo!!! It's a reverse to Ginn and a TD the 4th time today!!!!!!!!! With Ginn Running to Peters and Dockery's side...... Nothing the ravens D could do about that!

acehole
03-11-2007, 05:54 PM
You have a very valid piont here. I think we signed those linemen to run the ball all day....however they are good pass blockers as well. What better way to ease the parting of clement and fletch then to keep the d off the field for most of the game.

VIN
with a weapon like that, who needs a D? Bring him in and get rid of Davis.

JP rolls out to his right , noooooooo!!! It's a reverse to Ginn and a TD the 4th time today!!!!!!!!! With Ginn Running to Peters and Dockery's side...... Nothing the ravens D could do about that!

Canadian'eh!
03-11-2007, 06:55 PM
Are you serious?

I wouldn't gamble on this guy in round 1. Round 2 sure... BUT.... watching his higlight video, I see an AMAZING returner with lights out speed.

But that video was about 3 to 1 in terms of kicks to WR highlights.

Most of his recieving plays were quickouts. Throw in some End arounds and lining up at QB, and basically It's a matter of getting the ball in his hands and letting him make college D's look slow.

He had a couple nice deep bombs, but with his speed of course he's going to do that against Illinois and even Notre Dame's overated secondary.... but he wouldn't get off the line against the bigger stronger NFL DB's.

I only saw one deep in route run for a completion and run... and there really wasn't a DB in the area... so who knows what happened.... but that's a bread and butter play for NFL WR's.

Hard to judge from a highlight video... but he looks FAR mroe promising as a PR/KR than a WR in my eyes.

His speed is incredible though.

jpdex12
03-11-2007, 08:01 PM
He hasn't played the WR position lnog enough to be critical of him. He can filed punts and KO's like a mother, so a dropped pass here or there isn't saying much. He has the concentration needed at WR. He is so damn fast and gets into 4th gear in no time...2-3 steps. He friggin jogged in from the 30 yard line on a few of those TD's. He will be very good in the NFL. I see him taking at least 2 to the house on Sundays this year...and I'm only talking kick returns or punt returns.

ublinkwescore
03-11-2007, 10:14 PM
This is a need. We need a #2 WR to take pressure off Evans. NOw that league knows how sick he is, they will be spending all week finding ways to contain him.

BTw, I dont like Ginn. I"d rather have Bowe or even Sidney Rice before him.

If they're doing that, then they're taking their focus off stopping what we tried to improve our ability to do this offseason - running the ball.

justasportsfan
03-12-2007, 08:57 AM
teams would rather go for it on 4 and 10 inside their 20 instead of punting the ball to him. :snicker: Then they have to worry about kicking to McGee too.

clumping platelets
03-12-2007, 08:58 AM
#2 WR opposite Evans is a bigger need than most want to admit :shakeno:

justasportsfan
03-12-2007, 09:00 AM
#2 WR opposite Evans is a bigger need than most want to admit :shakeno:

I agree. Problem is, is he a no.2 or just a mere punt returner. Maybe our no. 2 is already on the team but we haven't seen him since Fairchild limited the playbook.

clumping platelets
03-12-2007, 09:01 AM
I believe Ted Ginn to the real deal........however, I prefer someone like Meacham in rd 2