PDA

View Full Version : Lebeau Assistant Head Coach?

Buffarama
03-09-2003, 08:08 AM
It's being reported as you all know that Lebeau is joining us. What is especially interesting is that the news links are saying he will be the Assistant Head Coach. I find this very interesting in light of Greg's contract not getting extended, and also in the fact that he was initially said to come on as a defensive consultant.
Now Gray gets an extension (aka TD - the defensive scheme was shoved down Grays throat) and Greg doesn't.
The lease has just shortened considerably, especially considering that almost his entire initial staff has been relieved.

TypicalBill
03-09-2003, 08:29 AM
I dont know what TD has in mind :scratch: All i know is that if the players we've targetted (spikes, Adams.....) get signed, Everybody will have high expectations and if GW doesn't live up to them, then he's gone. I think thats why his contract didn't get extended. But who knows what this magician has in mind.

The Spaz
03-09-2003, 08:35 AM
I really like what TD is doing! Donohoe is giving Gregg Williams a chance to succeed by bringing in all of these players and coaching staff with lots of experience. I don't really think Gregg is that bad of a coach he just needs experience and this will be year 3 which he should have learned something by now. I hope he is. Go Bills!

BillC
03-09-2003, 09:56 AM
The problem we had with the 46 is that we didn't have 46 talent.

Now we do. It will be interesting if they scrap the 46 with LeBeau or actually get it to work.

shelby
03-09-2003, 10:42 AM
If manboobs can't get the job done, boot him and make LeBeau HC. It's a beautiful plan.:up:

Schobel94
03-09-2003, 10:48 AM
Don't scrap the 46, the players were just getting used to at at the end of last season, to change it again would just confuse them more. It's a good defense if you have the players and coaches to make it work. What do you need?? Good cover corners and cover safety, we had the corners, but the safety needed a while to adjust. You need good pass rushing LB and good run stuffing LB, we had neither. We need good pass rushing ends, we had one, maybe one and a half. We need a DT that can collapse the pocket (penetrartion) and one who can stuff the run, we had one, not good enuff. Assuming Spikes and Adamas join, we will have all the tools, and with the new coaches we will have the right workers for the tools. This we be a D that will rival TB.