PDA

View Full Version : Shure keep Peters in the line-up but send Kaleta down to Rochester, Way to go Sabres!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-11-2007, 06:30 PM
The Buffalo Sabres today returned hard-hitting rookie winger Patrick Kaleta to the Rochester Americans. The move was necessitated because he was on an emergency recall and had to be sent down when enforcer Andrew Peters returned to the lineup for Saturday night's 3-2 loss to the New Jersey Devils.

Kaleta had two assists in his seven games. The 20-year-old Angola native also registered 19 hits, giving him the highest per-game average on the team despite averaging only 6:49 of ice time a night.
and what did Peters do last night absolutely nothing except fight which he lost :laughing:! Peters is a joke! Kaleta would've won the fight if he played last night. NJ is the type of team that Kaleta would've banged around.

http://www.buffalonews.com/111/story/30600.html

Dozerdog
03-11-2007, 06:38 PM
I'm sure you would be even more pissed if we had to waive a veteran because we couldn't send them down instead.

BlackMetalNinja
03-11-2007, 06:39 PM
The Buffalo Sabres today returned hard-hitting rookie winger Patrick Kaleta to the Rochester Americans. The move was necessitated because he was on an emergency recall and had to be sent down when enforcer Andrew Peters returned to the lineup for Saturday night's 3-2 loss to the New Jersey Devils.

Kaleta had two assists in his seven games. The 20-year-old Angola native also registered 19 hits, giving him the highest per-game average on the team despite averaging only 6:49 of ice time a night.

You sure do have a hardon for this kid don't you... 2 assists and 20 times taken himself out of plays do to chasing a hit that didn't matter.

Dozerdog
03-11-2007, 06:41 PM
Kaletta will be back sooner than later.

I feel very good about our Rochester replacements- I feel better that we can keep Drury, Briere, and re-sign Zubris and replace some other higher cost vets instead.

Guys like Numinen, maybe deal Hecht, Kotalik, dump Connelley

chernobylwraiths
03-11-2007, 06:43 PM
You sure do have a hardon for this kid don't you... 2 assists and 20 times taken himself out of plays do to chasing a hit that didn't matter.

Not that I have a hard on for him, but at least he hits people and isn't a complete defensive liability. I see this kid in the Sabres lineup fulltime in the next two years.

BlackMetalNinja
03-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Not that I have a hard on for him, but at least he hits people and isn't a complete defensive liability. I see this kid in the Sabres lineup fulltime in the next two years.

That's the difference between us then... I see him as almost a complete defensive liability. I love the hits, when they make sense. When he's chasing somebody no longer near the play to try and make a hit, and often missing, it's a liability. Hitting people after the puck is gone and taking penalties, which he did many times, is a liability. I think this kid has great potential and in the future will be an asset for us. Just not yet, he has some serious learning to do.

Ebenezer
03-11-2007, 06:50 PM
Kaletta will be back sooner than later.

later.

I feel very good about our Rochester replacements- I feel better that we can keep Drury, Briere, and re-sign Zubris and replace some other higher cost vets instead.

Guys like Numinen, maybe deal Hecht, Kotalik, dump Connelley

keep Hecht...the others can all go.

camelcowboy
03-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Im angry at the move but it needs to be done. Kaleta will be Mair's replacement he a UFa next year.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-11-2007, 06:59 PM

You don't understand because you don't live in Buffalo, he's a Buffalo kid he grew up 25 miles from the Arena rooting for the Sabres. I'm not the only one that wants Kaleta here all of Buffalo is buzzing that Kaleta should be here also. Peters should be benched and shipped out on a rail!

camelcowboy
03-11-2007, 07:12 PM
You don't understand because you don't live in Buffalo

thats a crappy statement to make, we are all here because we love this team. Just because someone doesn't live in buffalo doesn't mean they're not a fan. Do you look for ignorant things to say, or does it come natural?

Crisis
03-11-2007, 07:13 PM
Couldn't care less where he's from if he's not the best player he shouldn't be playing.

Period.

camelcowboy
03-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Couldn't care less where he's from if he's not the best player he shouldn't be playing.

Period. Not that cut and dry, this organization is deep. Its better for kaleta to go back to the minors so he can get more playing time, and take a bigger leadership role on that team.

Crisis
03-11-2007, 07:27 PM
Not that cut and dry, this organization is deep. Its better for kaleta to go back to the minors so he can get more playing time, and take a bigger leadership role on that team.

I was replying to the arguement that he should still be in Buffalo just because he's from the area. If he earns his spot so be it, no one should be given free rides because of their origin.

camelcowboy
03-11-2007, 07:28 PM
I was replying to the arguement that he should still be in Buffalo just because he's from the area. If he earns his spot so be it, no one should be given free rides because of their origin.

agreed :up:

chernobylwraiths
03-11-2007, 07:40 PM
That's the difference between us then... I see him as almost a complete defensive liability. I love the hits, when they make sense. When he's chasing somebody no longer near the play to try and make a hit, and often missing, it's a liability. Hitting people after the puck is gone and taking penalties, which he did many times, is a liability. I think this kid has great potential and in the future will be an asset for us. Just not yet, he has some serious learning to do.

Really? Many times? He has 21 penalty minutes in 7 games. 10 were from a misconduct and 5 was for fighting. Don't make stuff up.

BlackMetalNinja
03-11-2007, 07:44 PM
thats a crappy statement to make, we are all here because we love this team. Just because someone doesn't live in buffalo doesn't mean they're not a fan. Do you look for ignorant things to say, or does it come natural?

Thanks...

You don't understand because you don't live in Buffalo, he's a Buffalo kid he grew up 25 miles from the Arena rooting for the Sabres. I'm not the only one that wants Kaleta here all of Buffalo is buzzing that Kaleta should be here also. Peters should be benched and shipped out on a rail!

Funny, I lived in Western NY my entire life until 7 months ago... so YOU don't understand.

BlackMetalNinja
03-11-2007, 07:45 PM
Really? Many times? He has 21 penalty minutes in 7 games. 10 were from a misconduct and 5 was for fighting. Don't make stuff up.

Valid point... perhaps I thought it was more than that because I remember being clearly frustrated at the time of a couple of the minors he's had because they were senseless penalties that were out of the play. I also believe at least 2 of those lead to us giving up Power Play goals.

The kid will be good, just not yet.

chernobylwraiths
03-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Valid point... perhaps I thought it was more than that because I remember being clearly frustrated at the time of a couple of the minors he's had because they were senseless penalties that were out of the play. I also believe at least 2 of those lead to us giving up Power Play goals.

The kid will be good, just not yet.

I can agree with that last statement. As long as he doesn't become a sideshow and just plays tough.

He had two roughing penalties against Montreal and one tripping penalty against Colorado I believe.

Ebenezer
03-11-2007, 08:05 PM
and then again, it shows the nature of the game...worrying about somebody who won't ever score 100 goals in the game.

SkateZilla
03-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Cap.. Waivers... Keep him up and lose him to waivers or Send him down now and be able to keep him for next year.. hmm.....

Dr. Lecter
03-11-2007, 08:20 PM
I know I am in the minority, but Kaleta dd not impress me all that much. He tried to make hits that weren't needed, taking himself out of plays, was slow getting back on defense and has poor hands.

He needs to play and will be better off in Rochester.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-11-2007, 08:27 PM
It was obvious he endeared himself to his teammates when they gave him a nickname. Brian Campbell called him “Bouch,” short for Bobby Boucher, the hitting machine played by Adam Sandler in “The Waterboy.” If anything, the Sabres should have called him “Conrail” because he hit like a freight train.
Conrail Kaleta. It has a nice ring.
Ask Bryan McCabe, who had his bell rung after Kaleta flattened him in Toronto. Or Brian McGrattan, whom Lindy Ruff suggested Kaleta almost planted in the Buffalo dressing room. Or ask Peters, who wound up with a stint on the injured list after Kaleta inadvertently drilled him during a game. Kaleta was in the league for about 15 seconds before getting involved in the memorable fight-filled game with Ottawa.
“Fearless,” Peters said. “His first game in the NHL, he experiences a brawl, he’s a part of it and he doesn’t back down an inch. He’s a great kid. I can’t stress enough how much the guys like him and appreciate what he does for us on the ice.”
http://www.buffalonews.com/214/story/30253.html

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-11-2007, 08:54 PM

I live in Hamburg and I don't think he is quite ready for a full time roster spot. Sure it was fun having him up and playing, but he needs some work. I am fine with him going back to Rochester.

Philagape
03-11-2007, 10:11 PM
I really like Kaleta, but he just needs experience. If it wasn't for the freak run of injuries, he never would have been considered for a call-up.

camelcowboy
03-11-2007, 10:17 PM
It was obvious he endeared himself to his teammates when they gave him a nickname. Brian Campbell called him “Bouch,” short for Bobby Boucher, the hitting machine played by Adam Sandler in “The Waterboy.” If anything, the Sabres should have called him “Conrail” because he hit like a freight train.
Conrail Kaleta. It has a nice ring.
Ask Bryan McCabe, who had his bell rung after Kaleta flattened him in Toronto. Or Brian McGrattan, whom Lindy Ruff suggested Kaleta almost planted in the Buffalo dressing room. Or ask Peters, who wound up with a stint on the injured list after Kaleta inadvertently drilled him during a game. Kaleta was in the league for about 15 seconds before getting involved in the memorable fight-filled game with Ottawa.
“Fearless,” Peters said. “His first game in the NHL, he experiences a brawl, he’s a part of it and he doesn’t back down an inch. He’s a great kid. I can’t stress enough how much the guys like him and appreciate what he does for us on the ice.”
http://www.buffalonews.com/214/story/30253.html

We all know you want to carry his love child,but jeez move on. He's in rochester its not like they cut him.

Michael82
03-12-2007, 12:18 PM
I know I am in the minority, but Kaleta dd not impress me all that much. He tried to make hits that weren't needed, taking himself out of plays, was slow getting back on defense and has poor hands.

I totally agree. It was fun seeing him lay out those players, but he isn't even close to being a full timer. He still needs to learn exactly WHEN to hit and when not to hit.

kgun12
03-12-2007, 12:33 PM

I agree. It seemed a lot of time, when he made the hit it was him that ended up off balanced, that's when he actually made contact with a player and not the boards. I think someone needs to tell him to keep his eyes open when delivering a hit, he is going to kill himself!

All I know if this kid was on another team, say Toronto everyone hear including Losman Wins would be calling him a no talent sob! He seems to hit people way later and the hit on Durry.

User Manuel
03-12-2007, 12:35 PM

and what did Peters do last night absolutely nothing except fight which he lost :laughing:! Peters is a joke! Kaleta would've won the fight if he played last night. NJ is the type of team that Kaleta would've banged around.

Are you watching the same Patrick Kaleta I am?

Nice kid, good energy guy, but by no means a heavy weight. Jansenn would have eaten him up.

kgun12
03-12-2007, 12:35 PM
The move was necessitated because he was on an emergency recall and had to be sent down when enforcer Andrew Peters returned to the lineup for Saturday night's 3-2 loss to the New Jersey Devils

What am I missing?

kgun12
03-12-2007, 12:43 PM
Are you watching the same Patrick Kaleta I am?

Nice kid, good energy guy, but by no means a heavy weight. Jansenn would have eaten him up.

If you look at the replay of the fight after Durry's hit, Kaleta was on his back with an Ottawa player sitting on him. The fight the other night against Jersey he lost bad and the other guy could have killed him, but he let up. He is very young and needs to settle down and develop his man muscles.