Shure keep Peters in the line-up but send Kaleta down to Rochester, Way to go Sabres!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

Shure keep Peters in the line-up but send Kaleta down to Rochester, Way to go Sabres!

The Buffalo Sabres today returned hard-hitting rookie winger Patrick Kaleta to the Rochester Americans. The move was necessitated because he was on an emergency recall and had to be sent down when enforcer Andrew Peters returned to the lineup for Saturday night's 3-2 loss to the New Jersey Devils.

Kaleta had two assists in his seven games. The 20-year-old Angola native also registered 19 hits, giving him the highest per-game average on the team despite averaging only 6:49 of ice time a night.
    and what did Peters do last night absolutely nothing except fight which he lost ! Peters is a joke! Kaleta would've won the fight if he played last night. NJ is the type of team that Kaleta would've banged around.

Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 03-11-2007, 07:06 PM.
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: Shure keep Peters in the line-up but send Kaleta down to Rochester, Way to go Sabres!

I'm sure you would be even more pissed if we had to waive a veteran because we couldn't send them down instead.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
      I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
      • May 2005

Re: Shure keep Peters in the line-up but send Kaleta down to Rochester, Way to go Sab

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
      The Buffalo Sabres today returned hard-hitting rookie winger Patrick Kaleta to the Rochester Americans. The move was necessitated because he was on an emergency recall and had to be sent down when enforcer Andrew Peters returned to the lineup for Saturday night's 3-2 loss to the New Jersey Devils.

Kaleta had two assists in his seven games. The 20-year-old Angola native also registered 19 hits, giving him the highest per-game average on the team despite averaging only 6:49 of ice time a night.
      http://www.buffalonews.com/111/story/30600.html
      You sure do have a hardon for this kid don't you... 2 assists and 20 times taken himself out of plays do to chasing a hit that didn't matter.

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Re: Shure keep Peters in the line-up but send Kaleta down to Rochester, Way to go Sabres!

Kaletta will be back sooner than later.

I feel very good about our Rochester replacements- I feel better that we can keep Drury, Briere, and re-sign Zubris and replace some other higher cost vets instead.

Guys like Numinen, maybe deal Hecht, Kotalik, dump Connelley

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
          • Jan 2003

Re: Shure keep Peters in the line-up but send Kaleta down to Rochester, Way to go Sab

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
          You sure do have a hardon for this kid don't you... 2 assists and 20 times taken himself out of plays do to chasing a hit that didn't matter.
          Not that I have a hard on for him, but at least he hits people and isn't a complete defensive liability. I see this kid in the Sabres lineup fulltime in the next two years.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
            I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
            • May 2005

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
            Not that I have a hard on for him, but at least he hits people and isn't a complete defensive liability. I see this kid in the Sabres lineup fulltime in the next two years.
            That's the difference between us then... I see him as almost a complete defensive liability. I love the hits, when they make sense. When he's chasing somebody no longer near the play to try and make a hit, and often missing, it's a liability. Hitting people after the puck is gone and taking penalties, which he did many times, is a liability. I think this kid has great potential and in the future will be an asset for us. Just not yet, he has some serious learning to do.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
              Kaletta will be back sooner than later.
              later.

Originally posted by Dozerdog
              I feel very good about our Rochester replacements- I feel better that we can keep Drury, Briere, and re-sign Zubris and replace some other higher cost vets instead.

Guys like Numinen, maybe deal Hecht, Kotalik, dump Connelley
              keep Hecht...the others can all go.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                • Mar 2005

Im angry at the move but it needs to be done. Kaleta will be Mair's replacement he a UFa next year.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Jan 2004

You don't understand because you don't live in Buffalo, he's a Buffalo kid he grew up 25 miles from the Arena rooting for the Sabres. I'm not the only one that wants Kaleta here all of Buffalo is buzzing that Kaleta should be here also. Peters should be benched and shipped out on a rail!

Comment

• camelcowboy
                    • Mar 2005

You don't understand because you don't live in Buffalo
                    thats a crappy statement to make, we are all here because we love this team. Just because someone doesn't live in buffalo doesn't mean they're not a fan. Do you look for ignorant things to say, or does it come natural?

Comment

• Crisis
                      • Aug 2004

Couldn't care less where he's from if he's not the best player he shouldn't be playing.

Period.
                      Vanek is Austrian not European
                      Originally posted by Prov401
                      Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                      Originally posted by better days
                      I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Crisis
                        Couldn't care less where he's from if he's not the best player he shouldn't be playing.

Period.
                        Not that cut and dry, this organization is deep. Its better for kaleta to go back to the minors so he can get more playing time, and take a bigger leadership role on that team.

Comment

• Crisis
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                          Not that cut and dry, this organization is deep. Its better for kaleta to go back to the minors so he can get more playing time, and take a bigger leadership role on that team.
                          I was replying to the arguement that he should still be in Buffalo just because he's from the area. If he earns his spot so be it, no one should be given free rides because of their origin.
                          Vanek is Austrian not European
                          Originally posted by Prov401
                          Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                          Originally posted by better days
                          I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Crisis
                            I was replying to the arguement that he should still be in Buffalo just because he's from the area. If he earns his spot so be it, no one should be given free rides because of their origin.
                            agreed

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                              • Jan 2003

That's the difference between us then... I see him as almost a complete defensive liability. I love the hits, when they make sense. When he's chasing somebody no longer near the play to try and make a hit, and often missing, it's a liability. Hitting people after the puck is gone and taking penalties, which he did many times, is a liability. I think this kid has great potential and in the future will be an asset for us. Just not yet, he has some serious learning to do.
                              Really? Many times? He has 21 penalty minutes in 7 games. 10 were from a misconduct and 5 was for fighting. Don't make stuff up.

Comment

Working...
                              X