X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feldspar
    • Mar 2007

Marshawn Lynch game-by-game footage

Check this site out. It shows game-by-game footage of Lynch in 2006 and 2005 as well as some highlights. When you get to the site, hold your mouse over the pictures at the bottom where it says "2006 game-by-game" or "2005 game-by-game" and a menu will pop up and you can choose which game you want to see him in.

It's pretty cool because it shows the less than great plays along with the great ones, which shows how he plays realistically. This kid is good.

Last edited by feldspar; 03-12-2007, 04:44 AM.
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Marshawn Lynch game-by-game footage

Originally posted by feldspar
    Check this site out. It shows game-by-game footage of Lynch in 2006 and 2005 as well as some highlights. When you get to the site, hold your mouse over the pictures at the bottom where it says "2006 game-by-game" or "2005 game-by-game" and a menu will pop up and you can choose which game you want to see him in.

It's pretty cool because it shows the less than great plays along with the great ones, which shows how he plays realistically. This kid is good.

Heres my critrical look:

-Hes got great change of direction, hes able to change direction on a dime

-He has good vision, he will appear to blow it up in there rather than make the move around guys

-Hes a good tackle breaker, he has a strong upper body and uses it well on stiff arms. But he has a very low center of gravity which allows him to bounce of tackles well.

-He has very good burst, you can watch him slow down waiting for a block to develop and then take off to hit the hole.

-He has a very strange build. His legs are very short or it seems that way. Its almost like hes top heavy. You can see him lumber to catch his footing at times. Im not sure whether its an assett or liability. I can see that shorter legs will help his change of direction, quicks, and moves. But it may hurt his top speed and balance at times. His legs are also fairly thin, he could use alot of weight training. As I remember LT had a very similar build and has worked on his leg power.

-He lacks the 6th gear, he has the 5th gear, but hes gonna get caught by the top speed DB's in this league. He will out run most DB's, probably all LB's, and all the DL.

Overall hes solid. hes not the flashy RB like Peterson, but hes also not the guy that has injury problems. Hes a durable, tough, do it all, type RB. He has decent speed to get around the edge, and the strength to blow it up the middle. He will break tackles, juke guys, and get extra yards.

I like him because I think hes going to get yards regardless of what D we are playing against. If its N-S, he can do that. If its a fast D, he can make the moves to still get yards.

If you want a RB who get Travis Henry production with much better speed, this is your guy.

Comment

• feldspar
      • Mar 2007

He can also run routes and catch the ball down the field.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Speed isn't everything. Thurman Thomas didn't blow up the 40s either.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
          • Jul 2002

He can catch the ball!

Comment

• camelcowboy
            • Mar 2005

I like what i saw on those runs. alot of creativity doesn't quit on broken plays. i like him alot.

Comment

• blackonyx89
              HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
              • Mar 2005

GIT R DUN if you can!!!!
              Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!

Comment

• BSU Drew
                • Feb 2007

Please Marv!!!! Get him!!

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

I still think Lynch is going to be better than Peterson.

Comment

Working...
                  X