PDA

View Full Version : Julius Jones available

Mudflap1
03-12-2007, 12:09 PM
www.benmaller.com

The Cowboys aren't exactly shopping running back Julius Jones, but they've told teams that have inquired about him that he's for sale for the right price. Cowboys owner-GM Jerry Jones apparently is prepared to hitch his wagon to the team's other young running back, Marion Barber. Jones, who rushed for 1,084 yards, had just 65 carries in Dallas' final six regular-season games, but played well in the playoff loss to Seattle, rushing for 112 yards on 22 carries.

Jon

gr8slayer
03-12-2007, 12:10 PM
No thanks, the guy sucks.

Mitchy moo
03-12-2007, 12:11 PM
We need to draft a RB, someone young and that can run hard / often.

DraftBoy
03-12-2007, 12:12 PM
Interesting...wonder about his cost...

gr8slayer
Interesting...wonder about his cost...
2ndish.

DraftBoy
We need to draft a RB, someone young and that can run hard / often.

I hope to god you have no idea who Julius Jones is when you said that....please tell me thats the case

DraftBoy
2ndish.

too much in that case

gr8slayer
03-12-2007, 12:14 PM
too much in that case
It's funny this is being mentioned online because word around town is they are trying to extend hi.m

DraftBoy
03-12-2007, 12:14 PM
It's funny this is being mentioned online because word around town is they are trying to extend hi.m

Well it is a fox sports report, so take it with a grain of salt

Mr. Pink
03-12-2007, 12:16 PM
Skoobys' rich friend told me that Julius Jones was an old guy with a grey toupee.

Skoobys' contacts are never wrong.

Do not doubt the Skoob.

gr8slayer
03-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Skoobys' rich friend told me that Julius Jones was an old guy with a grey toupee.

Skoobys' contacts are never wrong.

Do not doubt the Skoob.
I think that FTP is a better source if you want player evaluations. His family follows the Redskins so he knows talent.

Jan Reimers
03-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Didn't the Cowboys take him with the pick we gave them to move into the first round for Losman?

The Answer
03-12-2007, 12:19 PM
No thanks, the guy sucks.

Better option than what we currently have on the depth chart - however The Answer has his eye on another RB on the Cowboys roster......

~The Answer

gr8slayer
Didn't the Cowboys take him with the pick we gave them to move into the first round for Losman?
Yes.

gr8slayer
Better option than what we currently have on the depth chart - however The Answer has his eye on another RB on the Cowboys roster......

~The Answer
Not happening. MBIII is to Dallas what Thrum was to Buffalo at this point. They freaking love the guy.

mysticsoto
03-12-2007, 12:21 PM
I think that FTP is a better source if you want player evaluations. His family follows the Redskins so he knows talent.

FTP is also a good source if you want to know whether a QB sucks! If FTP likes them they will be 3rd stringers or out of the league shortly. I pay attention to FTP when I want to pick a good fantasy QB - just drop anyone that FTP likes or thinks is good (Feeley, Gus, Joey Harrington) and go with a QB who he thinks is bad (Brady). If I'm Culpepper, I'm trying to get FTP to hate him quickly!!!

The Answer
03-12-2007, 12:22 PM

Not from what information The Answer's sources have provided him - also plenty of talk on their message boards and all kinds of rumors circulating about Dallas trying to make a move that would allow them to draft Adrian Peterson, even if it means giving up both Jones/MB3 and a 1st rounder.

~The Answer

gr8slayer
03-12-2007, 12:23 PM
Not from what information The Answer's sources have provided him - also plenty of talk on their message boards and all kinds of rumors circulating about Dallas trying to make a move that would allow them to draft Adrian Peterson, even if it means giving up both Jones/MB3 and a 1st rounder.

~The Answer
Your sources are wrong. Trust me .

Kenny
03-12-2007, 12:25 PM
For a 3rd, I wouldnt mind him... Though I do like Lynch, I just think we have other holes to fill with the #12 overall.

And unless Peterson falls (which I doubt), I dont see any running backs that can be had in the second or later rounds which will be as good as Jones. Plus, I like the running backs coming out next year better anyways!

Mr. Pink
03-12-2007, 12:25 PM
FunTimesYaY wonders if Skoobys' rich friend is down with the information provided to the Answer. If so, it's 100% definite. The Boys will trade Cleveland MBIII, T.O., Jason Witten and their 1 for the 3rd overall pick.

B-DON
03-12-2007, 12:26 PM
julius jones is better than any back we legitimately have a shot at. Trades and peterson falling aside jones is the best option if it is even true

gr8slayer
03-12-2007, 12:26 PM
julius jones is better than any back we legitimately have a shot at. Trades and peterson falling aside jones is the best option if it is even true
Lynch > Jones

camelcowboy
03-12-2007, 12:32 PM
Jones for a 3rd, nothing more. He would have value next to a young back but he's not the bell cow we need. He gets dinged as much as brown.

Ultra Chimp 1
03-12-2007, 12:35 PM
Julius Jones is much better than that schmuck Chris Brown. The reality is I would not want either. But if you're forcing me to chose between them I'd say Jones hands down.

The Answer
03-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Lynch > Jones

Lynch hasn't played a down in this league - for all we know he could end up being another KiJana Carter.

At least Jones is a proven commodity, albeit just slightly better than McGahee.

~The Answer

gr8slayer
03-12-2007, 12:46 PM
Lynch hasn't played a down in this league - for all we know he could end up being another KiJana Carter.

At least Jones is a proven commodity, albeit just slightly better than McGahee.

~The Answer
I'll take my chances, I have to watch Jones play every week and it is sad how fragile the guy is.

User Manuel
03-12-2007, 01:21 PM
If I have a choice I choose Jones. I have never really liked Chris Brown.

If we have to depend on either I wouldn't be comfortable with the situation.

Philagape
03-12-2007, 01:24 PM
I'd settle for Jones, but for no more than a third

Bert102176
03-12-2007, 02:56 PM
if we go after someone that is often injured I would rather get Brown then and I don't like brown

Spanish_PatsFan
03-12-2007, 02:57 PM
It would be a good trade for the Bills,I like Julius Jones.

ShadowHawk7
03-12-2007, 06:36 PM
With the current running back market, our early third should be a fair price for him. That is all I'd pay. McGahee and Thomas Jones both pulled in point values of about 250, which equals about a third rounder. If Dallas wants more, forget it.

McBFLO
03-12-2007, 06:40 PM

~The Answer
Even though I think it's obnoxious that you refer to yourself in the 4th person (not even your own name), you make a good point. I'd take Barber for a 2nd in a second!

Kenny
03-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Lynch > Jones

That may very well be... but Lynch will cost us the #12 pick. We've got a hole at MLB. Moving Crowell inside does not guarantee that he'll be as good (or better) then when he was playing outside. And it also creates a hole in the OLB position.

Would you rather have:
Julius Jones RB and Patrick Willis MLB (or Okoye DT)

or

Lynch RB

???