PDA

View Full Version : Bandwagon A-Train fans

The Answer
03-12-2007, 01:56 PM
Please allow The Answer to refresh your memories - Maybe you should let Marv Levy know that this is the same player that turned the Bills to sign with the Cowboys before the 2005 season - or did we conveniently forget about this fact?

This same mediorce player that was later cut by Cowboys after 5 games during the 2005 season.

This same mediorce player that has a grand total of 4 TD's in the last 3 seasons.

This same mediorce player is only here because of the Jauron connection and because no other team wanted him. But please - don't let these facts damper your A-Train lovefest.

~The Answer

Mr. Miyagi
03-12-2007, 02:00 PM
One starred and negged.

camelcowboy
03-12-2007, 02:00 PM
I thought nothing about Thomas till i saw him play. He's a band aid, but i like him, he works hard, and he can get the job done behind our line hopefully. He's not the answer "thats ironic" but he's better then shaud. I want to see what rookie they bring in to platoon with him.

patmoran2006
03-12-2007, 02:01 PM
HE's a good backup. Nothing more and nothing less.

anyone who gets excited about this resigning has some serious team expectation problems.

I'm glad he's back, but he does nothing to make this team better than it was last year.. nothing

streetkings01
03-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Please allow The Answer to refresh your memories - Maybe you should let Marv Levy know that this is the same player that turned the Bills to sign with the Cowboys before the 2005 season - or did we conveniently forget about this fact?

This same mediorce player that was later cut by Cowboys after 5 games during the 2005 season.

This same mediorce player that has a grand total of 4 TD's in the last 3 seasons.

This same mediorce player is only here because of the Jauron connection and because no other team wanted him. But please - don't let these facts damper your A-Train lovefest.

~The AnswerWhat about the same A-Train that filled in pretty good for us when the best back in the NFL was injured?

clumping platelets
03-12-2007, 02:03 PM
He's not meant to be the starter...........he's going to be our #2 RB

Great re-signing :up:

The Answer forgot the question :negrep:

camelcowboy
03-12-2007, 02:04 PM
What about the same A-Train that filled in pretty good for us when the best back in the NFL was injured?

Was the best back in the NFL comment sarcasim?

The Answer
03-12-2007, 02:05 PM
I thought nothing about Thomas till i saw him play. He's a band aid, but i like him, he works hard, and he can get the job done behind our line hopefully. He's not the answer "thats ironic" but he's better then shaud. I want to see what rookie they bring in to platoon with him.

That's just it - with news the front office is enamored with NFLE standout Fred Jackson, combined with the resigning of Atrain and Suck Williams - it all adds up to mediocrity.

Rest assurred that this team will do something stupid next month with the 1st round pick and completely disregard the RB situation.

~The Answer

theanswer74
03-12-2007, 02:12 PM
Why did this fool have to call himself The Answer?

camelcowboy
03-12-2007, 02:13 PM
That's just it - with news the front office is enamored with NFLE standout Fred Jackson, combined with the resigning of Atrain and Suck Williams - it all adds up to mediocrity.

Rest assurred that this team will do something stupid next month with the 1st round pick and completely disregard the RB situation.

~The Answer

They have enough needs that at twelve the only way they can screw that pick up is if they draft a punter, Kicker, or safety. All other positions on this team are fair game. Its not like there is one glaring need, they have many.

clumping platelets
03-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Bills can find a RB in later rds

Thurman Thomas was drafted in the 2nd round

gr8slayer
03-12-2007, 02:14 PM

~The Answer
He was cut by the Cowboys because:
1. He never got a chance.
2. Barber/Jones are fan favorites

clumping platelets
03-12-2007, 02:16 PM
:snicker:

Philagape
03-12-2007, 02:16 PM
The Answer's knowledge of the A-Train was exposed as a fraud when he said something to the effect of he wasn't useful as a receiver, a claim subsequently disproved. The Answer was wrong. Philagape suspects that isn't the first or last time.

Jan Reimers
03-12-2007, 02:18 PM

~The Answer
Why don't you give Marv and his staff a chance for once, instead of continually making negative - and baseless - predictions of doom?

Saratoga Slim
03-12-2007, 02:25 PM
i'll share your pessimism if we go into the season with A-Train as our clear cut starter. But that's not going to happen. He's the back up, or a rotational back.

streetkings01
03-12-2007, 02:27 PM
Was the best back in the NFL comment sarcasim?You figure it out!

The Answer
03-12-2007, 02:27 PM
They have enough needs that at twelve the only way they can screw that pick up is if they draft a punter, Kicker, or safety. All other positions on this team are fair game. Its not like there is one glaring need, they have many.

This team is walking a very fine line between being in complete rebuilding mode and contending for a wildcard spot (at best).

As of right now The Answer is inclined to go with the former - just don't see this team having a chance to compete with the Pats and Jets given the offseason we've had thus far - scary thing is this keeps up and we'll be in the dolphins rear view mirror.

A-TRAIN IS NOT THE ANSWER!

~The Answer

Saratoga Slim
03-12-2007, 02:29 PM
And frankly I'd rather have A-Train than Rhodes, Dillon, Brown or any of the other retreads available in FA. At least the guy knows the offense already and wants to be here. And he has the starting QB's trust apparently.

Let's face it, absent a lucky trade like the Jets pulled off for Thomas Jones or keeping McGahee, this is about the best move we could have made for the RB depth chart this offseason (pre-draft).

The Answer
03-12-2007, 02:29 PM
Why don't you give Marv and his staff a chance for once, instead of continually making negative - and baseless - predictions of doom?

Did you not read The Answer's original post? Marv and the front office signed this clown because nobody else wanted him.

A-Train blatantly turned this team down a year earlier to sign with the Cowboys. The Answer don't need mediorce retreads like this on his team!

~The Answer

camelcowboy
03-12-2007, 02:30 PM
This team is walking a very fine line between being in complete rebuilding mode and contending for a wildcard spot (at best).

As of right now The Answer is inclined to go with the former - just don't see this team having a chance to compete with the Pats and Jets given the offseason we've had thus far - scary thing is this keeps up and we'll be in the dolphins rear view mirror.

~The Answer

With the Jets and Pats in the division i still see us a two years away from contention. I like the direction we are going, just going to need a little patience a solid draft will help but it won't help us keep up with the jones.

The Question
03-12-2007, 02:30 PM

What is THE QUESTION?

camelcowboy
03-12-2007, 02:31 PM
You figure it out! Then i'll assume your serious so........:negrep:

The Answer
03-12-2007, 02:32 PM
i'll share your pessimism if we go into the season with A-Train as our clear cut starter. But that's not going to happen. He's the back up, or a rotational back.

Don't be so sure with this front office - reality just hit Big Ralph in the face. He spent way too much money this offseason and now has to make up for it by signing outcasts like the A-Train to start at crucial positions.

~The Answer

Statman
HE's a good backup. Nothing more and nothing less.

anyone who gets excited about this resigning has some serious team expectation problems.

I'm glad he's back, but he does nothing to make this team better than it was last year.. nothing
Then that's all that McGahee was, a good backup. The two are just about interchangeable.

Tatonka
see the sig, ice.

clumping platelets
03-12-2007, 02:33 PM
:movie:

The Answer
03-12-2007, 02:35 PM
With the Jets and Pats in the division i still see us a two years away from contention. I like the direction we are going, just going to need a little patience a solid draft will help but it won't help us keep up with the jones.

At this rate we won't be contending again until early next decade - Pats are still going to be running strong as long as Brady/Belechik are in the fold.

Mangini is a bright young head coach that has the Jets going in the right direction as well.

If Cam Cameron cleans up the Dolphins and drafts a franchise QB than look out in 2008

Bottom line - The futility in western new york continues.....

~The Answer

camelcowboy
03-12-2007, 02:38 PM
At this rate we won't be contending again until early next decade - Pats are still going to be running strong as long as Brady/Belechik are in the fold.

Mangini is a bright young head coach that has the Jets going in the right direction as well.

If Cam Cameron cleans up the Dolphins and drafts a franchise QB than look out for them as well.

~The Answer

Go root for them then. You clearly know nothing about the sport.

gil
03-12-2007, 02:42 PM
I think I saw the Answer out and about today talking about the Bills RB situation:

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/4163/endnearvf0.jpg

The Answer
03-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Go root for them then. You clearly know nothing about the sport.

Trivia Time:

1) When is the last time the Bills won a division title?

2) When is the last time the Bills made the playoffs?

3) When is the last time the Bills won a playoff game?

4) When is the last time the Bills beat the Patriots in a regular season game?

Please ANSWER these questions first if you would like to make claims about my knowledge of this team and the game of football - it's time to wake up and smell reality here people! It's the exact type of dealings like resigning the A-Train to start that have contributed to this decade of futility.

~The Answer

Philagape
03-12-2007, 02:47 PM
Trivia Time:

Please ANSWER these questions first if you would like to make claims about my knowledge of this team and the game of football - it's time to wake up and smell reality here people! It's the exact type of dealings like resigning the A-Train to start that have contributed to this decade of futility.

~The Answer

I claim that you can look stuff up on the Internet :nerd:

And you referred to yourself with a first-person pronoun. Once again, the Answer is a fraud! :rofl:

The Answer
03-12-2007, 02:50 PM
I claim that you can look stuff up on the Internet :nerd:

And you referred to yourself with a first-person pronoun!!! Once again, the Answer is a fraud! :rofl:

Typical - complete disregard of facts and pointing out irrelevant grammatical errors - avoiding to ANSWER the question at hand.

Face it - This franchise is going downhill fast, break out your replica A-Train jerseys and enjoy a 3-13 season in 2007! :bandwagon

~The Answer

Philagape
03-12-2007, 02:52 PM
Typical - complete disregard of facts and pointing out irrelevant grammatical errors - avoiding to ANSWER the question at hand.

Face it - This franchise is going downhill fast, break out your replica A-Train jerseys and enjoy a 3-13 season in 2007! :bandwagon

~The Answer

Irrelevant facts deserve to be disregarded :flush:

BillsNick
03-12-2007, 03:23 PM

~The Answer

WORST thread ever. :down:

The Question
03-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Trivia Time:

~The Answer

The Question knows The Answer. But, The Question wants to know why The Answer asks the questions?

?The Question

ParanoidAndroid
03-12-2007, 03:29 PM
I really don't see a very big drop off after McGahee, if any at all, with A-Train. Am I satisfied with staying put with what we have? No.
Here's the thing......the offseason is still young.

shelby
03-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Trivia Time:

1) When is the last time the Bills won a division title? 1995

2) When is the last time the Bills made the playoffs? 1999

3) When is the last time the Bills won a playoff game? 1995: Beat the Dolphins 37-22

9/7/03, i was there.

The Answer
03-12-2007, 03:47 PM
The Question knows The Answer. But, The Question wants to know why The Answer asks the questions?

?The Question

Trolling be your game.

~The Answer

The Answer
03-12-2007, 03:48 PM
Shelby - thanks for ANSWERing the question.

The Answer is fed up with the futility and signing the likes of the Atrain to a longterm contract isn't THE ANSWER.

~The Answer

RockStar36
03-12-2007, 03:48 PM
Trolling be your game.

~The Answer

Is that the answer to the question?

patmoran2006
03-12-2007, 03:49 PM
I think I saw the Answer out and about today talking about the Bills RB situation:

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/4163/endnearvf0.jpg
hahah
you just almost got me fired at work with that

patmoran2006
03-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Gilbert.. I just thiefed your photo as my new avatar.. that's the funniest pic I've ever seen in my life.

patmoran2006
03-12-2007, 03:52 PM
In all due respect, and not this pointed towards you.

But we've been hearing that **** since 2001 now.

John Doe
03-12-2007, 03:59 PM
Did you not read The Answer's original post? Marv and the front office signed this clown because nobody else wanted him.

A-Train blatantly turned this team down a year earlier to sign with the Cowboys. The Answer don't need mediorce retreads like this on his team!

~The Answer

I really don't think that the Bills signed A-Train simply because no other team wanted him.

There is always a long list of Backs that nobody wants.

The Bills signed him because he can and will help them.

It was fortuitous that he was available.

SquishDaFish
03-12-2007, 04:02 PM
BillsIN05 says The Answer knows SHIAT! <-----Post of the year

The Answer
03-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Is that the answer to the question?

This 'The Question' character is blatantly fishing and trying to instigate The Answer.

Mods please ban this clown immediately! http://www.teamliquid.net/mirror/smilies/ban.gif

~The Answer

The Answer
03-12-2007, 04:12 PM
I really don't think that the Bills signed A-Train simply because no other team wanted him.

There is always a long list of Backs that nobody wants.

The Bills signed him because he can and will help them.

It was fortuitous that he was available.

He wasn't exactly in demand after 2005 when the Cowboys cut him after 5 games, then the post katrina nomad saints picked him up for spot duty the rest of the season.

~The Answer

Philagape
03-12-2007, 04:21 PM
If all the Answer can come up with is something that happened in 2005, then The Answer doesn't have many answers.

camelcowboy
03-12-2007, 04:35 PM
In all due respect, and not this pointed towards you.

But we've been hearing that **** since 2001 now.

3 coaches, 2 gms later we are still in the same situation. It sucks, but im sorry there is no over night answer that can solve all this teams woes. At least i dont see one. If the Answer can tell me that then maybe i won't laugh every time he post.

AndreReed83
03-12-2007, 04:35 PM

Thank you for reassuring us that Anthony Thomas is not, in fact, posting under the username of The Answer. :whew:

~ The AndreReed83

gil
03-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Gilbert.. I just thiefed your photo as my new avatar.. that's the funniest pic I've ever seen in my life.

well, I was going to use it to reply to one of your posts, but this answer character seemed to fit the bill a bit more

The Answer
03-12-2007, 04:43 PM
3 coaches, 2 gms later we are still in the same situation. It sucks, but im sorry there is no over night answer that can solve all this teams woes. At least i dont see one. If the Answer can tell me that then maybe i won't laugh every time he post.

The Answer can only offer his exterpise and commentary regarding the state of this franchise, but he can't control the rampant homerism on this board - it's up to you, the blue collar joe blow posters on this board, to voice your disdain and frustration as well.

Tom Donablow destroyed this franchise with shoddy move after shoddy move - wheter via FA or the draft - Don't get me wrong, The Answer is not a Marv Levy hater, but if this team isn't in the playoffs in 2007 or 2008 than clearly he has failed - and so far this offseason has been confounding to say the least.

~The Answer

camelcowboy
03-12-2007, 04:57 PM
so me voicing my distain is going to make us better then the patriots, and the Jets? I think the fans not attending 4 home games should have been a wake up call to this franchise. Levy's building through the draft, its going to take longer then signing every freeagent. No matter how much you voice your opinon rebuilding won't speed up.

The Question
03-12-2007, 04:59 PM
Mods please ban this clown immediately!
The Question asks that you please rephrase your request in the form of a question. Then you will see The Answer.

?The Question

The Answer
03-12-2007, 05:02 PM
so me voicing my distain is going to make us better then the patriots, and the Jets? I think the fans not attending 4 home games should have been a wake up call to this franchise. Levy's building through the draft, its going to take longer then signing every freeagent. No matter how much you voice your opinon rebuilding won't speed up.

Actions speak louder than words - and that type of statement is precisely what The Answer was looking for from frustrated Bills fans - on the surface it looks like the fatcats at OBD got the message but then again they did squander valuable funds resigning the likes of Atrain and Denney.

~The Answer

BillsNick
03-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Anyone who talks or writes in the third person is a DB.

TigerJ
03-12-2007, 05:10 PM
One thing is for sure. When the question is: How do you spell "mediocre" you'll not find the answer by consulting The Answer.

As far as A-train is concerned, I am under not illusion that he is the second coming of Jim Brown. Nor do I expect that the Bills will make no more moves with respect to the running back position. The next move is probably in the draft. However, if the line has been upgraded, and Derrick Dockery is a huge upgrade even if nothing else pans out, A-train should be able to be a productive back.

Mr. Pink
03-12-2007, 06:04 PM

FunTimesYaY is willing to take a veteran minimum contract to play DB for the Bills this year!

Mad Bomber
03-12-2007, 06:41 PM

If Cam Cameron cleans up the Dolphins and drafts a franchise QB than look out in 2008

~The Answer

Mad thinks that The Answer should move to a Pats, Fins or Jest message board and make both of us happy.

raphael120
03-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Hahahaha...nothing funnier than The Answer vs. The Question.

Now all we need is The Theory

Nighthawk
03-12-2007, 07:51 PM

~The Answer

Another useless thread brought to you by:

~The Tool

Marvelous
03-13-2007, 01:35 AM
The Answer just loves negaativity....
Great job Marv!!!

mysticsoto
03-13-2007, 08:01 AM

Anyone who talks or writes in 3rd person is a defensive back? No wonder McGee gets toasted so much. Can someone let him know?