PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm, maybe we aren't drafting a RB on day 1

Michael82
03-12-2007, 02:16 PM
Anthony Thomas was just re-signed to a multi-year deal and on WGR's site, it says that the Bills continue to talk to Chris Brown's agent. Hmmmm......:scratch:

Thomas, right now, would be the starter at running back. But the Bills continue to talk with the agent for running back Chris Brown, who visited with the team last week.
http://wgr550.com/bills/fullstory.php?id=2237

Philagape
03-12-2007, 02:18 PM
I'd rather have a first-day back than Brown. :injured:

kgun12
03-12-2007, 02:19 PM
Anthony Thomas was just re-signed to a multi-year deal and on WGR's site, it says that the Bills continue to talk to Chris Brown's agent. Hmmmm......:scratch:

If I had a choice between Chris Brown and Julius Jones, I will take Jones in a heartbeat! Brown has been injury prone!

billsburgh
03-12-2007, 02:20 PM
I'd rather have a first-day back than Brown. :injured:
absolutely. just say no to Brown now that A-train has signed

Michael82
03-12-2007, 02:21 PM
If I had a choice between Chris Brown and Julius Jones, I will take Jones in a heartbeat! Brown has been injury prone!
I agree and I would easily give one of our 3rd rounders to the Cowboys for Julius Jones. :up:

gr8slayer
03-12-2007, 02:21 PM
I'll take Jones over Brown, I'll take Lynch over both combined.

billsburgh
03-12-2007, 02:22 PM
What happened with him in Dallas last year? Barber was getting most of the carries towards the end of the season. Was Jones in Parcells' dog house for some reason or was Barber just better?

acehole
03-12-2007, 02:23 PM
At least it puts us in a non panic mode. I like A Thomas last year...and chris brown would give him a rest. The question now is do you feel more comfortable with elison at middle LBer or Youbody at CB. This also makes me think that it is Bush in the second.

Who else like bush down there at that spot?

Would Willis start in his place if he were drafted? What do then do with elison? Thanks for the memories?

Michael82
03-12-2007, 02:24 PM
I'll take Jones over Brown, I'll take Lynch over both combined.
I'd take Jones over Lynch if it means that we can still get a guy like Okoye or Willis. :pray:

camelcowboy
03-12-2007, 02:24 PM

I do agree Julius Jones over Brown, but the injury prone label fits for both players.

patmoran2006
03-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Piss on Chris Brown.

are we trying to get worse at every position we're replacing on purpose?

patmoran2006
03-12-2007, 02:27 PM
Julius Jones is better than Wilis McGahee, period..

better = improvement.

Id' give up a third.. Id even consider something a little bigger if that's what it took.. like throwing in a 3rd and a 6th.

Jones could be a difference maker on this team..we NEED them

Michael82
03-12-2007, 02:29 PM
Julius Jones is better than Wilis McGahee, period..

better = improvement.

Id' give up a third.. Id even consider something a little bigger if that's what it took.. like throwing in a 3rd and a 6th.

Jones could be a difference maker on this team..we NEED them
How is Jones' character? Would Marv like him?

patmoran2006
03-12-2007, 02:50 PM
I've heard of nothing bad personally of Jones..

and unless marv is going to be his roomate, who gives a ****

Michael82
03-12-2007, 02:51 PM
I've heard of nothing bad personally of Jones..

and unless marv is going to be his roomate, who gives a ****
Chris Brown said he'd give up a 4th rounder for him. :up:

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

RockStar36
03-12-2007, 02:52 PM
Hypothetically.

They give up one 3rd (possibly a 4th) for Jones. He splits time with A-Train. Meanwhile with the 12th pick the Bills select Willis.

I can live with that.

The Answer
03-12-2007, 02:53 PM

If the braintrust at OBD signed the 'Atrain' to anything more than the veteran minimum than The Answer will vomit all over his keyboard.

~The Answer

Michael82
03-12-2007, 02:55 PM
If the braintrust at OBD signed the 'Atrain' to anything more than the veteran minimum than The Answer will vomit all over his keyboard.

~The Answer
and maybe the vomit will cause your keyboard to short out, so then you won't be able to type again. Mikey82 really thinks that would be a shame.

Italian Stallion
03-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Chris Brown-RB-Titans Mar. 12 - 3:42 pm et

The player reps for free agent Chris Brown expect their client to sign with either the Buffalo Bills or the Detroit Lions.

Titans GM Mike Reinfeldt said last week that he wanted Brown back, but it doesn't look like that's happening. Buffalo might be the best fit.
Source: titansradio.com
Related: Bills, Lions

Outside of why the Lions want to sign him....why the hell would he sign in Detroit over us? They have 3 "starting" rb's now with the signing of Duckett.

A combo of A Train and Brown I'd be perfectly fine with. A rookie could be had in round 4 line Darius Walker and I think the position would be solidified quite well

The Answer
03-12-2007, 03:05 PM

The player reps for free agent Chris Brown expect their client to sign with either the Buffalo Bills or the Detroit Lions.

Titans GM Mike Reinfeldt said last week that he wanted Brown back, but it doesn't look like that's happening. Buffalo might be the best fit.

Outside of why the Lions want to sign him....why the hell would he sign in Detroit over us? They have 3 "starting" rb's now with the signing of Duckett.

A combo of A Train and Brown I'd be perfectly fine with. A rookie could be had in round 4 line Darius Walker and I think the position would be solidified quite well

We are going to have one of the worst rushing offenses in the league in 2007 - better hope the passing game steps it up.

~The Answer

ParanoidAndroid
03-12-2007, 03:07 PM
If we sign Chris Brown, I think this team waits until next year to draft the new franchise back.

kgun12
03-12-2007, 03:09 PM
I do agree Julius Jones over Brown, but the injury prone label fits for both players.

He missed 2 games this year, didn't miss a game in college. Hell every back and NFL player miss time!

Bert102176
03-12-2007, 03:14 PM
What happened with him in Dallas last year? Barber was getting most of the carries towards the end of the season. Was Jones in Parcells' dog house for some reason or was Barber just better?

Barber is alot better

Michael82
03-12-2007, 03:14 PM
If we sign Chris Brown, I think this team waits until next year to draft the new franchise back.
I could see that and I wouldn't have a big problem with it if they were to trade for Julius Jones or sign Chris Brown. Because next year, we could get our Thurman Thomas. The draft doesn't impress me much this year at RB.

more cowbell
03-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Chris Brown will be good pick up for whoever gets him. The guys young and a big strong back. He played on some real crappy Tennesee teams, and has had to battle with injuries. If he can stay healthy...and that is a big if...this guy could be a very solid starter.

Mr. Miyagi
03-12-2007, 03:28 PM
The draft doesn't impress me much this year at RB.
Didn't you just get done drooling all over for Marshawn Lynch?

bigbub2352
03-12-2007, 03:28 PM

This is good news, all competition, bring in some vets for security take a RB on day 1 and make them earn there playing time, A-Train knows his role here, if both CHris Brown who is only 25-26 yrs old, and a drafted player are here, then he is the security blanket and tutor to the young ones, i like this if it happens, look at some of the playoff teams they got 3-4 RB on the active roster!!

madness
03-12-2007, 03:29 PM
Jauron said on Sirius that they plan on using a RBBC...

1. Resigning A-Train.
2. Siging another vet. (looks to be Brown)
3. AND picking up a back in the draft.

And what better way to have a RB like C. Brown on your roster. When he's not hurt, he's a very good back. If the Bills stick to the above plan, Brown going down isn't going to hurt us as much.

HHURRICANE
03-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Chris Brown blows so bad its not even funny. If the Bills sign him I will be royally pissed. Julius Jones at least ran for over 1000 yards vs 156 by Brown.

Brown sucks, sucks, sucks!! His career YPA is 3.8. Jones is 4.1.

patmoran2006
03-12-2007, 03:31 PM
I could see that and I wouldn't have a big problem with it if they were to trade for Julius Jones or sign Chris Brown. Because next year, we could get our Thurman Thomas. The draft doesn't impress me much this year at RB.
If they trade for Julius Jones they'll already have their Thurman Thomas, he's been used horribly in Dallas, even by God himself,Bill Parcells.

John Doe
03-12-2007, 03:33 PM
If the Bills don't draft a back on the first day, then they will definately draft at least 1 in day 2.

Saratoga Slim
03-12-2007, 03:34 PM
If we trade for Julius Jones, THAT would take RB out of the first day draft mix. He's at least as good as McGahee.

ParanoidAndroid
03-12-2007, 03:35 PM

He might have, but I think he recognizes that unless we pick one in the first round, there isn't a whole lot to get excited about. There's always the chance we find a diamond-in-the-rough, but we know how infrequently that actually happens....out of hundreds of draftees, maybe 2 or so a year.

Saratoga Slim
03-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Jauron said on Sirius that they plan on using a RBBC...

1. Resigning A-Train.
2. Siging another vet. (looks to be Brown)
3. AND picking up a back in the draft.

And what better way to have a RB like C. Brown on your roster. When he's not hurt, he's a very good back. If the Bills stick to the above plan, Brown going down isn't going to hurt us as much.

I'd be OK with that. When did Jauron say that?

madness
03-12-2007, 03:47 PM
I'd be OK with that. When did Jauron say that?

Just last week.

Michael82
03-12-2007, 04:30 PM
other than Lynch and Peterson. If you don't spend the 1st rounder on a RB, the depth doesn't impress me too much. The experts say that 2008 should be one of the deepest drafts for RB in a while.

Michael82
03-12-2007, 04:32 PM
He might have, but I think he recognizes that unless we pick one in the first round, there isn't a whole lot to get excited about. There's always the chance we find a diamond-in-the-rough, but we know how infrequently that actually happens....out of hundreds of draftees, maybe 2 or so a year.
EXACTLY!

Ed
03-12-2007, 04:44 PM
I'd take Jones over Brown, but I don't like the idea of having to give up a draft pick. At least if we're doing a RB by committee approach, the concerns about Brown getting injured aren't as big a deal. With less carries he's less likely to get hurty anyway. Besides, we're talking about RB's here. It's the most brutal position in the game. You can only get knocked around so much and have 300+ lb guys falling on your legs before something bad happens. It's just the nature of the game and the position.

As for Jones' character, he went to ND I believe, so he should at least be pretty bright. Anyone know his contract situation? I wouldn't want to have to give up a draft pick also, if he's going to be a FA after this season.

With our new and hopefully significantly improved O-line, I'd feel pretty good about going into the season with A-train and Brown as our featured backs. Use this years draft to fill in the defense, and then go after a top flight franchise type back in 08.

camelcowboy
03-12-2007, 06:04 PM
He missed 2 games this year, didn't miss a game in college. Hell every back and NFL player miss time!

He missed two and was reduced to little to no action his last six games. Gets hurt does always run hard, no more then a 3rd for him!

B-DON
03-12-2007, 06:39 PM
first off brown is better than a train period. he has more speed and a ton more potential than a-train. I would sign brown even if we plan on drafting a rb on day 1. Who could be mad with a backfield of brown, A-train, and a draft pick. Now thats depth

B-DON
03-12-2007, 06:44 PM
Chris Brown blows so bad its not even funny. If the Bills sign him I will be royally pissed. Julius Jones at least ran for over 1000 yards vs 156 by Brown.

Brown sucks, sucks, sucks!! His career YPA is 3.8. Jones is 4.1.

Jones is not visiting us or even being mentioned in any trades with us so calm down. Obviously everyone here would take jones over brown but jones isnt a legitimate option right now just becuase you heard it on some internet news wire he might be traded "somewhere".

B-DON
03-12-2007, 06:49 PM
and can someone please tell me all these marvelous players coming out next year. I think one person said it now everyone on this board is saying it every other post but not one person ever mentions a name. I know off the top of the dome i cant think of any peterson's or Bush's(reggie) that are coming out next year. Can someone please through out a few names. Slaton is all i could really think of, maybe charles from texas.

wozrob11
03-12-2007, 07:06 PM
we need to draft a rb. A -train is a good signing but chris brown is a quick fix and tell me a year he played all 16 games and j jones is great but lets keep the rebuilding going and start the new levy era with lynch or trade up and try to get peterson they are work horses

ShadowHawk7
03-12-2007, 07:58 PM
I don't know.. I'd rather keep that third and sign Brown, then trade that early 3rd for Jones. We need help in many other places, and this way we can STILL have 4 Day 1 picks and eliminate RB as a pressing need. (I'm seeing LB, DT, CB, and WR)
So we can get a lot more value at those positions if we can get away w/ Brown and Atrain.

AT WORST Atrain + Brown will have 2006 McGahee production. Brown has the potential to be even better if he stays healthy as well.