PDA

View Full Version : Thomas might be the starter!

HHURRICANE
03-12-2007, 03:48 PM
"I think he's in his prime," said Jauron. "He cares about football and he cares about the team. He'll get himself in top shape and I'm excited about having him back."

Why does he have to get himself into top shape? The article also said that Thomas was looking forward to showcasing his talents now that Willis wasn't here. That doesn't sound like a backup talking.

RockStar36
03-12-2007, 03:49 PM
They will be splitting time. A-Train and whatever other RB they choose will split time. It's been said a million times this off-season.

THATHURMANATOR
03-12-2007, 03:51 PM
"I think he's in his prime," said Jauron. "He cares about football and he cares about the team. He'll get himself in top shape and I'm excited about having him back."

Why does he have to get himself into top shape? The article also said that Thomas was looking forward to showcasing his talents now that Willis wasn't here. That doesn't sound like a backup talking.
Why wouldn't every player get themselves in top shape for every season?

The Answer
03-12-2007, 03:51 PM

This is no surprise - The Answer's clairvoyance regarding the situation allowed him to see this coming miles away.

Pathetic.

~The Answer

patmoran2006
03-12-2007, 03:54 PM

hahah that's funny.. He only has to get himself into top shape if he's starting?

I like most think we will have a rotation this year; which considering our WR's as a group blow balls after Evans should be the least of our worries.

patmoran2006
03-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Hurricane.. Find some kind of negative nancy'ish avatar and change yours accordingly..

If we're going to get bashed for standing up to this inferior front office administration 7 years running, and in "marv we trust" (like he's going to line up on Sundays or something)-- Then get something better than a car!

Tatonka
03-12-2007, 03:57 PM
everything changes with every signing. you cant read too much into anything like that.

HHURRICANE
03-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Why wouldn't every player get themselves in top shape for every season?

That's my point. Did the front office offer him a bigger role?

HHURRICANE
03-12-2007, 03:59 PM
Hurricane.. Find some kind of negative nancy'ish avatar and change yours accordingly..

If we're going to get bashed for standing up to this inferior front office administration 7 years running, and in "marv we trust" (like he's going to line up on Sundays or something)-- Then get something better than a car!

My car does look like it's driving away. That's about as negative as I can get.

Typ0
03-12-2007, 04:00 PM
That's my point. Did the front office offer him a bigger role?

I took it to mean DJ is happy to have players he's confident will do the work.

Saratoga Slim

Which FA moves this offseason do you disagree with?

Philagape
So backups don't need to be in shape?

Philagape
03-12-2007, 04:02 PM
This is no surprise - The Answer's clairvoyance regarding the situation allowed him to see this coming miles away.

Pathetic.

~The Answer

Yes, your post is pathetic. First thing you've gotten right since you've been here :up:

Tatonka
03-12-2007, 04:02 PM
and dont forget, the coaches clearly said it will be running back by committee.

people need to think about who new england won a superbowl with at running back as well.. ex bill antwain smith.

if you have a great line, almost any running back will be fine.

and we are only trying to improve on 990 yards from our starter last year.. atrain can do that for sure.

we will draft a running back and if he is good enough to unseat atrain, he surely will.