PDA

View Full Version : Sirius giving Bills props....

HAMMER
03-12-2007, 05:32 PM
They like our moves so far, good O-Line additions. Ditching Willis is addition by subtraction, and A-Train could easily produce as much or more than McGahee's 900 yards.

patmoran2006
03-12-2007, 05:33 PM
Hard not to agree with that, offensively anyway

HHURRICANE
03-12-2007, 05:40 PM
Afternoon Blitz? These guys trashed McGahee a few weeks ago so I'm not surprised. I've posted this before but they said they didn't care for him personally.

McBFLO
03-12-2007, 06:36 PM
They said that A-train could easily replace the 900 yards McGahee got last season? Wow. I'm not sure how much stock I'd put into what they're saying then. A-train is NOT and SHOULD NOT, and while I'm at it, BETTER NOT be our starting /feature back when the season starts. He's too slow.

Now, if he was paired up with a quicker, more elusive, shiftier runner then the 2 of them could easily produce as much of not more than McGahee's 900. I'd agree to that.

B-DON
03-12-2007, 07:00 PM
My grandma could rush for a 1,000 yards in the NFL these days. If we don't have a thousand yd back this year then we wasted a ton of money this off season that could set us back a while.

feelthepain
03-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Afternoon Blitz? These guys trashed McGahee a few weeks ago so I'm not surprised. I've posted this before but they said they didn't care for him personally.

Hmm, so much for their credibility. Not that their wrong, but their personal feelings kinda influence their view of things. TO sucks as a person, but he caught more TD's then any WR last year and he helped the Eagles get to the SB and had a monster game. So just because a player has an attitude is no reason to trash his ability. Problem for Willis is the Bills are neither the Cowboys or Eagles, so that makes it easy to trash him completely. I think he has a real good year next year and I also think he enjoys winning again. Maybe that changes his attitude.

Goobylal
03-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Hmm, so much for their credibility. Not that their wrong, but their personal feelings kinda influence their view of things. TO sucks as a person, but he caught more TD's then any WR last year and he helped the Eagles get to the SB and had a monster game. So just because a player has an attitude is no reason to trash his ability. Problem for Willis is the Bills are neither the Cowboys or Eagles, so that makes it easy to trash him completely. I think he has a real good year next year and I also think he enjoys winning again. Maybe that changes his attitude.
I bet he barely cracks 1,000 and doesn't beat Lewis' numbers this past year. That is, IF he stays healthy, which he hasn't been able to do so far. Remember that the Ravens lost their starting RT, FB, and will probably lose Ogden to retirement.

Oh and TO didn't help the Eagles get to the SB. They had made the NFCCG the 3 years previous without him, and in those playoffs TO missed every game but the SB, which they lost.

BuffaloBillsStampede
03-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Ogden isn't going to retire he just doesn't want to go through training camp, but either way their line took some hits so Willis can eat **** when he says they have a better line.

GarnOFreak
03-12-2007, 08:43 PM
My grandma could rush for a 1,000 yards in the NFL these days. If we don't have a thousand yd back this year then we wasted a ton of money this off season that could set us back a while.

Any chance she's available? Do you have any stats on her and what is her 40 time?

Goobylal
03-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Ogden isn't going to retire he just doesn't want to go through training camp, but either way their line took some hits so Willis can eat **** when he says they have a better line.
Players don't say they're going to retire just to miss training camp. And missing training camp isn't too smart. He's done. The Ravens haven't heard from him since he announced he was going to retire a month ago.

HHURRICANE
03-12-2007, 09:09 PM

They made a point of singling him out. They said they interviewed hundreds of players in the 2006 pre-season and he was their least favorite player. Point of view or not that's pretty bad.

As for his talent, the guy would look like he was going to break one lose and everytime he looked like he tripped over his own laces. When he did get into the open field, and I am sorry for his injury, he doesn't have any break away speed. None.

The thing I find funny is that he kind of reminds me of a skinneir, slower, Jamal lewis.

feldspar
03-12-2007, 09:22 PM
TO sucks as a person, but he caught more TD's then any WR last year.
TO also dropped more balls than anyone last year...

Then there are those things that are harder to measure, like how much of a distraction a player is on a team and how badly a player can interfere with team chemistry.

feelthepain
03-12-2007, 09:52 PM
TO also dropped more balls than anyone last year...

Then there are those things that are harder to measure, like how much of a distraction a player is on a team and how badly a player can interfere with team chemistry.

TO had a broken finger he sustained early in the season and he had surgery on it just the past few weeks. I'm sure that was a big factor in the higher then usual dropped passes. Besides you wouldn't trade dropped passes for the most TD's in the league?? I would, understanding his broken finger is probably why he was droping passes. Still pretty impressive to lead the league in TD's with a broken finger.

Goobylal
03-13-2007, 07:36 AM
TO had a broken finger he sustained early in the season and he had surgery on it just the past few weeks. I'm sure that was a big factor in the higher then usual dropped passes. Besides you wouldn't trade dropped passes for the most TD's in the league?? I would, understanding his broken finger is probably why he was droping passes. Still pretty impressive to lead the league in TD's with a broken finger.
Would you trade dropped passes for 62 catches, 640 yards, and 3 TD's from the TE position?

jamze132
03-13-2007, 07:39 AM
They said that A-train could easily replace the 900 yards McGahee got last season? Wow. I'm not sure how much stock I'd put into what they're saying then. A-train is NOT and SHOULD NOT, and while I'm at it, BETTER NOT be our starting /feature back when the season starts. He's too slow.

Now, if he was paired up with a quicker, more elusive, shiftier runner then the 2 of them could easily produce as much of not more than McGahee's 900. I'd agree to that.
Which is exactly the plan so don't sweat over it.

jamze132
03-13-2007, 07:45 AM
I wouldn't expect the Ravens to do much better than .500 next year. They took too big of a hit on the O-line and they lost O. Thomas to the Patsies.

Oh, and nice little jab at the Bills you threw in there about McGahee enjoying winning again. I think he is going to have his heart broke when the Bills make the playoffs without him.

gr8slayer
03-13-2007, 08:57 AM
He's always had a problem dropping balls.