X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • camelcowboy
    • Mar 2005

Briggs continues to rock the boat

Get NFL news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

Insists he has played his last snap for the chicago bears. Hey Marv get on phone make something happen.

• patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Briggs continues to rock the boat

Wilson would have to cut at least five more vets to pay the salary he'd command for a long term deal.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Briggs in Buffalo would shut up Porter and A. Thomas fans with the quickness.

I'd give up a first, a third and TKO for him. Trust me, that's what it would take (minimum)

Comment

• Slim
        • Apr 2004

For Briggs?? Bye TKO. Dont let the door hit your ass on the way out. I love TKO, but Briggs is the best LB in football.

Comment

• MTBillsFan
          • May 2003

That'd be a nice fit! Please Marv...make it happen!
          Send me some wings!

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by slimschmittie
            For Briggs?? Bye TKO. Dont let the door hit your ass on the way out. I love TKO, but Briggs is the best LB in football.
            It would take a HELL of a lot more than TKO for the Bears to give up Briggs.

Comment

• camelcowboy
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              Wilson would have to cut at least five more vets to pay the salary he'd command for a long term deal.
              i think marv would try to convince Wilson himself to bend the cash to cap rule for Briggs. Marv heard many times Marv loved this guy.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Easy to love him.. He's a flat out difference maker., arguably one of the two best OLB's in the NFL

Comment

• Slim
                  • Apr 2004

Really? How?Im not saying your wrong but we're 16 mil under the cap. I think Spikes is due to make like 4.6 this year. Thats 20 mil under the cap. We coundn't afford him then?

Comment

• acehole
                    • Jan 2006

I agree pat...but would you want this guy as a distration when the supperbowl trophy is so close you can see rex grossmens breath fogging it up....you dump a guy like that.......he wont be on there team opening day......and nobody will give up the world for him. Which would imply the best offer takes him. The bigger questions are these two. Does he have the character to be a bill in marvs eyes...and how much will he take in $$ and or what would marv be willing to pay. Bottom lines.
                    Hated by the stupid..
                    Loved by their moms.

Comment

• feelthepain
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                      http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6562918

Insists he has played his last snap for the chicago bears. Hey Marv get on phone make something happen.
                      I see the Pats landing him before the Bills do.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by slimschmittie
                        Really? How?Im not saying your wrong but we're 16 mil under the cap. I think Spikes is due to make like 3.5 this year. Thats around 20 mil under the cap. We coundn't afford him then?
                        im not saying we couldnt AFFORD him.. Im saying Chicago aint gonna give us him for no Takeo Spikes.

To get a player like Lance Briggs, just starting to enter his prime and already an elite LB in this league.. MINIMUM and I mean minimum it would take our first and third, as well as Spikes, and thats even if they had any interest in Spikes.

More realistically, it would take a first and our second, which I'd STILL do, because he's just straight up better than any two rookies we will draft this year... and Im still not sure chicago would even do that.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by acehole
                          I agree pat...but would you want this guy as a distration when the supperbowl trophy is so close you can see rex grossmens breath fogging it up....you dump a guy like that.......he wont be on there team opening day......and nobody will give up the world for him. Which would imply the best offer takes him. The bigger questions are these two. Does he have the character to be a bill in marvs eyes...and how much will he take in $$ and or what would marv be willing to pay. Bottom lines.
                          he just wants to get a long term monster contract and get paid like he deserves, he doesnt not want to be in Chicago...

He deserves the money.. He played out his contract and he made that defense sick.. I'd be pissed off too if they franchised me..

Comment

• Slim
                            • Apr 2004

im not saying we couldnt AFFORD him.. Im saying Chicago aint gonna give us him for no Takeo Spikes.

To get a player like Lance Briggs, just starting to enter his prime and already an elite LB in this league.. MINIMUM and I mean minimum it would take our first and third, as well as Spikes, and thats even if they had any interest in Spikes.

More realistically, it would take a first and our second, which I'd STILL do, because he's just straight up better than any two rookies we will draft this year... and Im still not sure chicago would even do that.
                            haha, i didnt mean Spikes for Briggs straight up. You made the comment about cutting vets, and i just brought up Spikes. It would be worth giving up a 3rd and a second (this year or next year) for him.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

First: the money.
                              Even if by miracle the teams agreed to the trade Buffalo would have to sign him long term.

Adalius Thomas just got 35 mill over 5 years, with I think 20 of that guarenteed.

I'd estimate that Briggs would want about 45 million over 6 years, with at least 25 guarenteed.

Thomas is a stud, but Briggs is elite. I think that is what it would take sign him long term (at least)
                              =====================================================
                              As for the trade; I highly doubt the Bears would have any interest in Spikes.

So to go both ways:

With Spikes: It would still take Spikes, a first and a third.
                              Without Spikes: It would take a first and a third this year, and maybe a second next year.

We'd have to give up at least three day-one picks to get him, and at least one of them would have to include a first ..

Comment

Working...
                              X