PDA

View Full Version : New Scenario

Devin
03-12-2007, 08:06 PM
So this likely isnt gonna happen of course but it hasnt been talked about to much. What would you think about this?

The 12th pick in round one is valued at 1200, it seems reasonable to assume the Bills could trade down around 20-25 and pickup an extra 2nd or 3rd pick. Ideally for this scenario im looking at trading to around pick 21-22 and picking up an extra second rounder which still marginally comes out in favor of the other team but not by much.

Trade down in the first firstly. With as many holes as we have, and Marv's youth movement it makes sense to me to trade down and pickup a pick or two while staying in the first. Defense is our biggest area of need but I simply cant help wanting to get JP another weapon. With his development and Evans emergence I think we could really have something.

1. DeWayne Bowe, WR LSU
The Bills need a big, physical WR something fierce. This team is undersized at WR, CB and RB. We need a big physical presence somewhere other then the OL. That will come in the form of 6'2, 225 pound Dwayne Bowe. A very strong, exceptional route runner and probably the best blocking WR in the draft this kid has improved every year at LSU and would provide a big time presence opposite Evans. Not to mention help our revamped offense improve statistically.

2a. Justin Harrell, DT Tennessee
Talk about a team guy. Ruptured his bicep tendon but put off surgery to help his team against Florida. at about 6-4 and a half, 300+ pounds Harrell is a solid tackler and is good not great against both the pass and run. Very mobile for his size. Very hard worker and very tough.....plays through pain. Needs some work but positives far outweight negatives.

2b. Brian Leonard, RB Rutgers
Most of you know im a huge fan of this kid, great speed, very athletic...team leader....i dont see a lot of flaws in his game. Big physical back who instantly upgrades our backfield not only providing another weapon but adding another big body to a scale tipping offense. With his nose for the endzone Leonard gives the Bills a huge weapon in the redzone.

3a. Desmond Bishop, LB California
Assuming Crowell makes the move to MLB, and Ellison makes the move to starting OLB we will need TKO's replacement. Whether hes traded or not hes either gone this season or next. Built almost identical in size to TKO Bishop is an absolute BEAST against the rush, certainly fits the attacking MLB persona and is a fiery on the field leader. Would make a very welcome addition to the LB corps and if wasnt starting year one will certainly be by year 2.

3b. Fred Bennett, CB South Carolina
Very similar size to a recently departed CB of ours, great speed has a knack for batting down passes, plays well in coverage. With solid coaching will play quite a bit. Teaming with former teammmate Ko Simpson could be a plus.

While likely not to happen the above adds promising youth in all need areas and allows us even more flexibility next offseason.

ZacGriffi~82
03-12-2007, 08:08 PM
DeWayne Bowe = Eric Moulds

Devin
03-12-2007, 08:29 PM
DeWayne Bowe = Eric Moulds

lol ok are you implying thats good or bad?

hammerbillsfan
03-12-2007, 08:31 PM
I was thinking the same thing. :huh:

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-12-2007, 08:51 PM
Dwayne Bowe has cases of the dropsies, if that can be corrected.

Devin
03-12-2007, 08:56 PM
Dwayne Bowe has cases of the dropsies, if that can be corrected.

Has had.

He was notorious for those when he first started. Each year however he has improved, while hes not Boldin or anything yet he has improved dramatically over the years.

Id be open to Sidney Rice here as well I just went for a bigger body.

The Spaz
03-12-2007, 09:10 PM
Not a bad draft at all!:up:

YardRat
03-12-2007, 10:11 PM
I'd take that in a heartbeat. One could only hope.

DraftBoy
03-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Solid Mock, here is mine including your trade;

1. Lawrence Timmons OLB FSU
2a. Brandon Siler ILB Florida
2b. Chris Houston CB Arkansas
3a. Jacoby Jones WR Lane University
3b. Antonio Johnson DT Miss St

and bc I can the 2nd day;

4. Chris Henry RB Arizona
6. Mkristo Bruce DE Washington State
7a. Tyler Thigpen QB Coastal Carolina University
7b. Ryan Hannah TE Houston

Both 7th rounders are hugh project picks but they could work out, and intially I thought the 4th was high for Henry but after looking at his stats closer and coming to these conclusions;

While we talk about his lack of production lets look at the carries he did get and not just the overall results bc those tell a different story imo.

BYU-13 carries, 76 yards
LSU-6 carries, 8 yards
SFAU-0 carries, 0 yards
USC-2 carries, -8 yards
UW-5 carries, 28 yards
UCLA-9 carries, 17 yards
Stanford-16 carries, 94 yards, 1 TD
Oregon St-9 carries, 25 yards
Washington St-35 carries, 110 yards, 2 TD
Cal-25 carries, 57 yards, 2 TD
Oregon-29 carries, 204 yards, 2 TD
Arizona St.-16 carries, 49 yards

This shows me that when Henry is given the oppurtunity via carries he produces. He dominanted Oregon, and getting 7TD's in 6 weeks isnt bad either.

I now believe he warrants a 4th Round pick if not in the 3rd Round. I think his lack of production wasnt because he doesnt have it in him, but rather because he wasnt given the chance at Arizona.

The Spaz
03-12-2007, 11:48 PM
1. Lawrence Timmons OLB FSU
2a. Brandon Siler ILB Florida
2b. Chris Houston CB Arkansas
3a. Jacoby Jones WR Lane University
3b. Antonio Johnson DT Miss St

I would **** myself with joy!:party:

ZacGriffi~82
03-13-2007, 05:32 PM
lol ok are you implying thats good or bad?
Um..i fail to see how a young Eric Moulds would be bad.

EDIT: Without the character crap.

ZacGriffi~82
03-13-2007, 05:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNm2rFzdvW8&NR

Devin
03-13-2007, 05:39 PM
Um..i fail to see how a young Eric Moulds would be bad.

EDIT: Without the character crap.

Me either lol you just never know around here.