PDA

View Full Version : A few random thoughts on the Bills....

OpIv37
03-12-2007, 09:43 PM
1. Hate is a strong word, yet it somehow still fails to capture the extent of my negative feelings towards the New England Patriots. I can't wait until that team crashes and burns (although it doesn't look like that's going to happen any time soon).

2. Do we need A-Train AND Chris Brown? I think a vet and a draft pick should fill the RB void sufficiently.

3. As long as we're on the RB subject, let's quit this talk about trading up or getting Michael Turner or any of that garbage. We're rebuilding and we need all the draft picks we can get to fill the holes we're not filling in FA.

3. ENOUGH WITH THE LANCE BRIGGS TALK. I'd love to see him in Buffalo too, but this is real life, not Madden. So just give it a rest.

Discuss.

mikemac2001
03-12-2007, 09:59 PM
:clap: pretty much right on those, hopefully Peterson falls i doubt it but it is possible

Jaybird
03-12-2007, 10:04 PM
so we could trade a second for michael turner or draft a Rb with our second.......ive seen turner do it in the nfl!!!!!!!

Talk0fNewYork
03-12-2007, 10:10 PM
I honestly don't want Peterson, don't get me wrong the guy has great speed (when healthy), very strong runner (when healthy), great out of the backfield (when healthy) get where i'm going with this? The guy is a freak of nature, but the last thing a rebuilding team needs is to spend a pick on a guy who can't stay on the field.

Talk0fNewYork
03-12-2007, 10:10 PM
I honestly don't want Peterson, don't get me wrong the guy has great speed (when healthy), very strong runner (when healthy), great out of the backfield (when healthy) get where i'm going with this? The guy is a freak of nature, but the last thing a rebuilding team needs is to spend a pick on a guy who can't stay on the field.
But I will **** myself with joy if we draft him.

jmb1099
03-12-2007, 10:19 PM
1. Hate is a strong word, yet it somehow still fails to capture the extent of my negative feelings towards the New England Patriots. I can't wait until that team crashes and burns (although it doesn't look like that's going to happen any time soon).

2. Do we need A-Train AND Chris Brown? I think a vet and a draft pick should fill the RB void sufficiently.

3. As long as we're on the RB subject, let's quit this talk about trading up or getting Michael Turner or any of that garbage. We're rebuilding and we need all the draft picks we can get to fill the holes we're not filling in FA.

3. ENOUGH WITH THE LANCE BRIGGS TALK. I'd love to see him in Buffalo too, but this is real life, not Madden. So just give it a rest.

Discuss.
Good Post.
Hatred of the Pats...Ditto
Feel much better A-train signed, if we could do Brown for cheap I wouldnt' cry
Briggs... I know you're right, and I should let it go...but I will keep hoping that we land him by some miracle. That being said back to reality.

acehole
03-12-2007, 10:56 PM
Discuss? You took away all the topics?

Discuss.

MikeInRoch
03-12-2007, 11:16 PM
How much of Briggs' greatness is because of the talent he is surrounded with in Chicago, anyway?

Carlton Bailey
03-12-2007, 11:18 PM
Reminiscent of "If Larry King wrote for us.." from ESPN Magazine.

"Look out for Matt Millen. He's learned some lessons and will be a hell of an executive."

Don't Panic
03-13-2007, 04:07 AM
How much of Briggs' greatness is because of the talent he is surrounded with in Chicago, anyway?

I don't know... maybe we should ask Uhrlacher who said he'd take a pay cut to keep Briggs there.

Mr. Miyagi
03-13-2007, 06:39 AM
I agree. He is a younger and faster Chris Brown.

Mr. Miyagi
03-13-2007, 06:42 AM
Don't feel too bad about yourself. I hate them too, I just have a hard time deciding whether I hate Brady more or Bellichick more. It would give me tremendous amount of satisfaction if Tommy and Billy were caught 69ing.

kernowboy
03-13-2007, 07:07 AM
Brian Leonard in the 2nd, Zak deOssie and Tim Shaw in the 3rd ....covers our RB issues in a cold climate and gives us great versatility on the D. DeOssie is a load in the middle, Shaw can play SLB in the 4-3 but also OLB in a 3-4 if we occasionally give it a look. We can go either DT or WR/TE in the 1st. Our draft prospects look very bright.

don137
03-13-2007, 07:34 AM
If Cleveland does not draft Peterson then he potentially could fall to us but I honestly think someone would trade up for him first. I agree there are concerns about his health.
I think the Bills could get either Bush or Pittman in the second round and I would be happy with that.

patmoran2006
03-13-2007, 08:01 AM
1- Think hate is a strong word.. I think "jealous" or "envious" are better suited words.
2- Agree 100%. Piss on Chris Brown. Take that $ and sign a defender, go with A Train and a rookie early.
3- I'd give up a second for Turner, he has more upside than any RB in the draft other than Peterson and maybe Lynch.
4- Agreed. We aint getting Briggs.

Forward_Lateral
03-13-2007, 08:15 AM
Unless Brown signs a ridiculously cheap contract, don't waste $$ on him. Draft a RB in round 2, let them platoon with A-Train. I'd be more than fine with that.

I agree that this team needs at least one keey FA signing, 2 if they get rid of Spikes. I love the fact that Youboty is getting a chance to start, but I'd be a lot more comfortable if a backup plan was in place (Kiwauke Thomas, Nick Harper). I'd be fine with Spikes, Crowell and Ellison.

THATHURMANATOR
03-13-2007, 08:17 AM

Discuss.

I am with you. I wouldn't mind having Brown and Atrain however.

Saratoga Slim
03-13-2007, 08:59 AM
I am with you. I wouldn't mind having Brown and Atrain however.
I think it depends in part on how high a draft pick we want to spend on a RB. If we're looking to grab one in the 1st-2nd, Chris Brown doesn't make quite as much sense to me, as there's a pretty good chance the guy we draft has serious talent. However, if we're looking to use the first couple picks on defense and to draft a RB in the 3rd or later, Chris Brown might be a nice added insurance policy in case the draftee doesn't pan out. That's of course assuming he signs for cheap. We shouldnt be paying a 3rd RB much.

In any event, if we're going to draft a RB AND sign Chris Brown, I don't see any reason to keep Mr. Shaud around.

Mr. Miyagi
03-13-2007, 09:29 AM
1- Think hate is a strong word.. I think "jealous" or "envious" are better suited words.
I guess I'm REALLY REALLY "envious" and "jealous" of Brady then because I think about cutting off his right thumb all the time. :oj: