PDA

View Full Version : Bills Might Draft Peterson

mikemac2001
03-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Looking at the top 16 i think it is possible that Adrian Peterson could fall to us the key is weather the browns draft him or not, which i think they could but they have alot of wholes and maybe they think Lewis has a few more years left as a starter.
2nd Minnesota i dont really like there running backs but i dont see them drafting peterson either unless they cant pass up on him at that spot. then people say atlanta might draft him which has a slight chance but i feel dunn and norwood would fit there style much better with vick on the field (schaub and peterson diff story) the big issue i see is if GB makes a trade up above us if it falls pass minnesota only a few spots so the points will still be steep but i see that as a possibilty. i know its all speculation but i think our odds arnt as bad as people think.

well seeing what input other people had on it, so if you think im wrong or i missed something let me know

1. Oakland Rhodes/Jordon
2. Detroit 4 rb's
3. Cleveland Jamal lewis (maybe)
4. Tampa Bay Williams
5. Arizona James
6. Washington Portis
7. Minnesota Taylor and moore (maybe but doubt)
8. Houston Green
9. Miami Brown
10. Atlanta dunn and norwood
11. San Francisco Gore
12. Buffalo
13. St. Louis Jackson
14. Carolina Foster /williams
15. Pittsburgh willie parker
16. Green Bay None

Kenny
03-12-2007, 10:15 PM
To me the main threats are:
Cleveland
Arizona (James was terrible last year *edited*)
Minnesota
Houston

MarvLevy
03-12-2007, 10:17 PM
either cleveland or houston will take him.
how bout we just trade up and dont take a chance. we have extra picks. i think he'd be worth it.

Philagape
03-12-2007, 10:17 PM
James will be 29 this season

mikemac2001
03-12-2007, 10:18 PM
Cleveland
Arizona (James was terrible last year and is old)
Minnesota
Houston

ya but why would cleveland even sign lewis its like wasting money same with houston i think they have other guys on there radar but if there guy is taken they might have him as backup....i dont see zona making that move to many holes and james is good back and is getting paid alot

Kenny
James will be 29 this season

My mistake then.... I'll edit my post.

MarvLevy
Dont forget..Detroit NEVER does what its supposed to do...ie all those WR's. with Mike Williams. Kevin Jones isnt exactly running rampant around Michigan either.

mikemac2001
03-12-2007, 10:24 PM
ya that is the wild card...thats what is crazy about the draft you never know. i was saying more i think its possible and i think its better then some people are thinking.

MarvLevy
03-12-2007, 10:31 PM
National Football League - CBS SportsLine.com (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9961542)

CHECK OUT THIS MOCK WHERE THEY HAVE A.P. GOING TO US..

Tatonka
03-12-2007, 10:37 PM
houston, regardless of green, would take him to make up for passing on bush.

mikemac2001
03-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Someone posted

"This draft SUCKED!!!!!!!!! Where are Troy Smith(see Heisman) Chris Leak(see National Championship) and Drew Stanton? Or Kenny Irons? And didn't Russell say he wouldn't play for Oakland?"

Referring to the mock draft on cbssportsline.com

what a dummy

and marv i dont see that happening like that but you never know

mikemac2001
03-12-2007, 10:40 PM
houston, regardless of green, would take him to make up for passing on bush.

ya i could see that

tampabay25690
03-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Cleveland
Arizona (James was terrible last year *edited*)
Minnesota
Houston

Ok since James was not good in Arizona what makes you think Adrian Peterson will be good there...There line is terrible....

Mr. Pink
03-13-2007, 10:03 AM
ya but why would cleveland even sign lewis its like wasting money same with houston i think they have other guys on there radar but if there guy is taken they might have him as backup....i dont see zona making that move to many holes and james is good back and is getting paid alot

Cleveland signed Lewis to a 1 year deal and traded away Reuben Droughns. If that doesn't make it obvious that they're targetting a RB on draft day, I don't know what will.

Droughns was signed to a multi-year extension prior to last season. His production and health declined, he was traded away. Replaced by a guy with only a one year contract.

If Cleveland though Jamal had a few seasons left in him they woulda signed him to a MULTI-year deal. Obviously, they did not.

So you ditch the multi-year guy, bring a capable vet for one year to tutor and bring along a rookie.

With the 3rd overall selection in the 2007 Draft, the Cleveland Browns select Adrian Peterson.

Ed
03-13-2007, 10:12 AM
Yeah, I still think Cleveland is the biggest threat to land Peterson, but maybe they signed Lewis to be a stop gap for one year so they could address other needs with this draft, and then go for their RB in next years RB rich 08 draft...

I don't think Houston or Arizona are candidates to land Peterson. They both have other needs and with James and Green both just recently signing long term deals, they'd have way too much money tied up in the RB position.

I think the possibility of Peterson falling to us is becoming more and more likely because most teams are happy with their veteran backs, don't view RB as big of a priority anymore, there are still some good prospects in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, and know that next years draft class will be deep at RB.