PDA

View Full Version : When's the last time that you were this pumped?

WG
03-09-2003, 11:02 AM
When's the last time that for good reasons you were this pumped over how good our team is and expecting great things out of them?

For me it's been since the SB years in the early '90s.

IMO we should be the favorites for the AFC Championship and one of the handful of front runners for winning the SB.

Of course that is predicated on us obtaining both Spikes and Adams, or at least another DT just as good. I don't see any others out there as good though.

The Spaz
03-09-2003, 11:03 AM
Last year when we traded for Drew Bledsoe! Go Bills!

SoCalBillsFan
03-09-2003, 11:07 AM
Personally, I'm not ready to say we are favorites for teh AFC championship yet. Spikes isn't officially here, nor is Adams, we still need a receiver and a better safety IMO. But I think all those holes can be filled this offseason too. I need to wait another couple months before I pencil us into the AFC championship game.

Aparently I am more skeptical than wys right now...:D

WG
03-09-2003, 11:08 AM
So you were happier to get Drew than for the prospects of winning the conference again or the SB?

:confused:

The Spaz
03-09-2003, 11:11 AM
With a QB with that caliber you always have a chance of getting to thew big game! Drew Bledsoe was the 1st piece of the puzzle to start building another championship contending team! Go Bills!

justasportsfan
03-09-2003, 11:14 AM
Wys, are you implying you're optimistic about the bills? It must be below zero in hell. :jk:

SoCalBillsFan
03-09-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
So you were happier to get Drew than for the prospects of winning the conference again or the SB?

:confused:

I didn't say that! I just say I think we are still a couple small pieces away, that's all.

SoCalBillsFan
03-09-2003, 11:16 AM
And I am MUCH more excited this year than I was last offseason, even withthe addition of Drew

Tatonka
03-09-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Wys, are you implying you're optimistic about the bills? It must be below zero in hell. :jk:

:lol:

Novacane
03-09-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

:up: That made me laugh so hard I spit my soda out!:pimp:

Herdwatcher
03-09-2003, 12:18 PM
I would have to say not since the Playoff game against the dullfans in Mijama. 98? You know, the last play for the Bills had T Armstrong wrapping up Flutie causing the game ending fumble at the goal line. I know the M.C.M happened the following season, I just feel as strong about getting there that year.

don137
03-09-2003, 12:21 PM
The last time I was this pumped for something sports related was when the Sabres went to the finals in 1999.
For the Bill, I have the same feeling as I did for the Bills it is the early 90's which was you feel your team can win every week. You look at every opponent and some are tougher than others but you still think that the Bills can win any given Sunday. The fact that we are in great cap room for the next few years gets me more excited.

Tatonka
03-09-2003, 12:24 PM
yeah.. with all the cap room we have.. at this point it would seem that successfull drafts and just keeping our own should lead to several years of success

McD
03-09-2003, 12:26 PM
I'll be happy after some contracts are signed!

McD

Typ0
03-09-2003, 12:28 PM
I was pretty excited right before the Music City Miracle. I think we would have went to the superbowl that year had we not been robbed by the refs. I hope we don't see a replay this season.

WG
03-09-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
With a QB with that caliber you always have a chance of getting to thew big game! Drew Bledsoe was the 1st piece of the puzzle to start building another championship contending team! Go Bills!

You highly overrate the effect of two things:

One man at one position

and

the effect of having predominantly only a passing game, in our case largely by design.

I'm tellin' ya now, if we pass as much as we did and run as little as we did, we're not gonna be much better than 10-6. Assuming that Adams and Spikes sign, we have the ability to be 14-2. We'll be one of the most balanced teams in the league, all the way around.

WG
03-09-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by McD
I'll be happy after some contracts are signed!

McD

I'm with ya D!!

Again, the assumption is that Spikes and Adams sign. I'm anticipating, as are many, that they will. At least Spikes since that deal seems all but a handful of days away from happening.

Typ0
03-09-2003, 12:44 PM
I don't see the pass/run ratio changing much unless someone firmly implants a boot in Gilbrides arse.

Herdwatcher
03-09-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Typ0
I don't see the pass/run ratio changing much unless someone firmly implants a boot in Gilbrides arse.

Tell him to asume the position. I have a big extra wide foot that will definitely have Gilbride howling at the moon and walking funny for weeks to come!

Bufftp
03-09-2003, 01:40 PM
I have to agree with Wys on both counts,
haven't been this excited since the SB years,
and we need more run pass balance!

The Spaz
03-09-2003, 01:42 PM
I said Bledsoe was one piece of the puzzle I never said the he was the messiah. Listen we Have Travis Henry and Eric Moulds now we are starting to build our defense the puzzle is beginning to be completed and what it will turn into is something very special. Someone has to play the QB position one that has proven himself over the years and one that has quite a quite a bit of recognition with the league and the players. Go Bills!

The Natrix
03-09-2003, 01:43 PM
This is the most pumped I have ever been. During the SB years, I was young enough where I just took the success for Granted.

McD
03-09-2003, 01:59 PM
Somebody sign Adams to a Bills contract already will ya!!

EM Bills Fan 80
03-09-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

Does Last night count when me and my girlfriend went into my bedroom count? :chuckle:

Tatonka
03-09-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by EM Bills Fan 80

Does Last night count when me and my girlfriend went into my bedroom count? :chuckle:

that excitement doesnt count because one of the qualifications is the excitement has to last longer than 3 minutes.:biggrin:

EM Bills Fan 80
03-09-2003, 04:49 PM
Hey hey come on now lol

lordofgun
03-09-2003, 05:49 PM
I was this excited last year when we signed Bledsoe. Unlike some people, I realized rebuilding would take more than one year. Drew was an incredibly solid start towards building a Super Bowl-caliber team.

SoCalBillsFan
03-09-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
Unlike some people, I realized rebuilding would take more than one year.

sure ya did. anyone can say this AFTER the one year is over and it is obvious :rolleyes:

:snicker:

lordofgun
03-09-2003, 05:53 PM
:lol:

Bufftp
03-09-2003, 06:07 PM
I was really pumped when we signed DB last year, more so now because we have an O and a D at the same time. Its kinda adding up!

Ð
03-09-2003, 06:17 PM
Throw out the top 2-3 times you were pumped and that would be a little more relaistic ;)

Tatonka
03-09-2003, 06:28 PM
i will be quite honest.. i have not been this pumped in over a decade... towards football that is.