PDA

View Full Version : Willis out, Anthony Thomas in

G. Host
03-13-2007, 09:34 AM
It is interesting that Anthony Thomas did not sign until after Willis was traded. The Bills had the cap room to sign Thomas before they did so I am thinking that Thomas did not want to back as a backup to Willis. He was willing to share the load but Willis reportedly claimed he needed more carries to be effective (sort of like the lottery - when you have a long shot, more tickets is luckier).

None of the RBs that the Bills were interviewing were a full time solution. Since it appeared that Anthony Thomas was not interviewing I am guessing they had an "arrangement" already in place.

justasportsfan
03-13-2007, 10:00 AM
I think so too. Although I doubt he was gonna get a lot of interviews anyways. Besides, he knows Dick got his back. IMO, he will be our featured back and will be mentoring our future rb.

patmoran2006
03-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Thomas is geting more carries than last year, whether we draft a RB or sign another FA.

And yes, he knew what was going on. And it wasnt hard to see.. I actually called this one right. That trade was a done deal at least days before it officially happened. It was a matter of Willis and Baltimore working out an extension.

yes, I do want a cookie too

Night Train
03-13-2007, 10:05 AM
he knows Dick got his back.
That would make a good read in the team media guide.

Mr. Pink
03-13-2007, 10:06 AM
Have a cookie!

http://www.gift-baskets-4u.com/images/Cookies/Semi%20Sweet%20Chocolate%20Chip%20Cookie.jpg