PDA

View Full Version : Kiwaukee Thomas is back!

Michael82
03-13-2007, 11:15 AM
I just got this text message on my cell..... :up:

The Bills today announced the re-signing of cornerback Kiwaukee Thomas. Visit Buffalobills.com for more.

THATHURMANATOR
03-13-2007, 11:16 AM
Nice.

BillsNick
03-13-2007, 11:17 AM
:bf1:

Romes
This makes me happy. :D

Night Train
I'm going to drink a 6 of Old Kiwaukee to celebrate !

camelcowboy
Thats a help, still wish we would climb up the fa totem pull a little bit.

Michael82
03-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Here's the link.... :D

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4663

patmoran2006
03-13-2007, 11:18 AM
When do playoff tickets go on sale?

Romes
03-13-2007, 11:19 AM

around the same time that we'd get slotted for the #1 pick in the 2008 draft.

Michael82
03-13-2007, 11:19 AM
A day after re-signing one free agent Thomas, Buffalo signed their other free agent with the same surname as cornerback Kiwaukee Thomashttp://www.buffalobills.com/images/relatedicon.gif (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4663#) agreed to a multi-year pact with the Bills Tuesday.

"They're building to win a championship and that's a factor because you want to win," said Thomas of his decision making process. "I want to win a Super Bowl before I get out of this thing and I believe the Bills are heading in that direction."

....It wasn't a lock that Thomas would re-sign with Buffalo. With a wife and two young boys the defensive back, who makes his home in Jacksonville, said this foray into free agency would be more of a family decision.

But with Nate Clements no longer on the roster Thomas viewed Buffalo as a legitimate opportunity for a starting job with the competition at right cornerback expected to be wide open.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4663

Romes
03-13-2007, 11:20 AM
"This is probably one of the best teams I've been around," Thomas said. "The players, the coaches… everybody keeps working and that's good. Just the camaraderie and what we started building leaves an imprint on your heart. This is home for me. I love these guys."

Thats the type of guy we need on this team :up:

patmoran2006
03-13-2007, 11:20 AM
id say this is a quality depth signing (which it surely would be)

but sadly.. I think we just signed Nate Clements replacement. Say good day to any potential starting FA cornerback.

THATHURMANATOR
03-13-2007, 11:21 AM

but sadly.. I think we just signed Nate Clements replacement. Say good day to any potential starting FA cornerback.
Agreed but why would they waste a 3rd on Youboty if he can't play?

camelcowboy
03-13-2007, 11:22 AM

New England keeps bringing in Wr. we need as many guys that can cover as possible.

BAM
03-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Awesome.

And awesome quote, Romes.

patmoran2006
03-13-2007, 11:23 AM
"This is probably one of the best teams I've been around," Thomas said. "The players, the coaches… everybody keeps working and that's good. Just the camaraderie and what we started building leaves an imprint on your heart. This is home for me. I love these guys."

Thats the type of guy we need on this team :up:
We had him on the team last year. He had zero interceptions, and all of one start.. and he's probably our new #1 corner

GOD I hope Youboty has an amazing camp

Michael82
03-13-2007, 11:24 AM

Truthfully, I'm fine with that. I personally believe that Thomas was the best all around cover2 cornerback on this team all year anyways. I wanted him to come back and am glad he is. I see him holding the spot until Youboty is ready and then we'll be fine. I also wouldn't be surprised if the Bills draft a CB in round 3 or later too. :up:

BILLSROCK1212
03-13-2007, 11:26 AM
he is a great CB just he has butter fingers

Bulldog
03-13-2007, 11:27 AM

When do you need to change your tampon again?

camelcowboy
he is a great CB just he has butter fingers Thats why hes not a wide receiver :up:

Dr. Lecter
We had him on the team last year. He had zero interceptions, and all of one start.. and he's probably our new #1 corner

GOD I hope Youboty has an amazing camp

I hope Thomas plays well. He was not a liability last year. Draft a young on the first day and he is a 1 year starter at most.

Michael82
he is a great CB just he has butter fingers
They can work on that. :up:

OpIv37
03-13-2007, 11:28 AM
I think we still need to find a starting CB somewhere but this is a good signing- Thomas and McGee starting with Youboty as nickel certainly isn't ideal, but it's better than Youboty and McGee starting with a draft pick at nickel.

patmoran2006
I dont hate Thomas.. I got no problem with him at all.

But forgive me for not getting excited about resigning guys who would be backups on almost any other team in the NFL (Kiwi and ATrain)

Now he is a GOOD DEPTH signing; unlike these ******s like Tim Anderson and Shaud Williams (and Bo Schobel?) that some of the clowns here get excited about. Kiwi is a talented, LEGITIMATE depth signing.

But I was hoping we'd get a CB of legit starting quality.

For all of Marv's brilliance, he sure seems fond of resigning his own players on a team that wasn't good to begin with.

mikemac2001

dude your so neg

we helped out Depth chart out with this move why always gotta be a douche

Mudflap1
03-13-2007, 11:29 AM
Simple: he'll start until Youboty is ready to start. Youboty will open camp at nickel back and work his way up the depth chart. I have no problem with this. Good depth signing.

Jon

THATHURMANATOR
03-13-2007, 11:30 AM
dude your so neg

we helped out Depth chart out with this move why always gotta be a douche
He is the "Voice of Reason" but really is just like the rest of the Know it alls.

Michael82
Simple: he'll start until Youboty is ready to start. Youboty will open camp at nickel back and work his way up the depth chart. I have no problem with this. Good depth signing.

Jon
EXACTLY! And if he plays well enough to be the starter, then so what. It's all good. :up:

Dr. Lecter
For all of Marv's brilliance, he sure seems fond of resigning his own players on a team that wasn't good to begin with.

People ***** about the players that left and then also btich about the one's that stayed.

patmoran2006
03-13-2007, 11:31 AM
I hope Thomas plays well. He was not a liability last year. Draft a young on the first day and he is a 1 year starter at most.

THANK YOU for making that point.

You agree.. Anthony Thomas and Kiwi Thomas are both 1-year starters.

So basically, without the exact words coming out of your mouth.. Its March 12 and you're already pretty much conceeding 2007 as yet ANOTHER rebuilding season where hovering around the .500 mark is a successful season.

Dr. Lecter
03-13-2007, 11:31 AM
Now he is a GOOD DEPTH signing; unlike these ******s like Tim Anderson and Shaud Williams (and Bo Schobel?) that some of the clowns here get excited about. Kiwi is a talented, LEGITIMATE depth signing.

BTW, Anderson and Williams can be cut at anytime and if Williams is here, it as #3 RB so who the **** cares?

#3 RB is insiginifcant. *****ing about that position is an indication that somebody needs Midol.

patmoran2006
03-13-2007, 11:32 AM
People ***** about the players that left and then also btich about the one's that stayed.
who did I ***** about that left? This team has sucked for years.. They couldnt win WITH these free agents, so why would I want them back? Fletcher is the only player I think the Bills should have resigned out of this ENTIRE free agent class.

THATHURMANATOR
03-13-2007, 11:34 AM

So basically, without the exact words coming out of your mouth.. Its March 12 and you're already pretty much conceeding 2007 as yet ANOTHER rebuilding season where hovering around the .500 mark is a successful season.
Who doesn't realize this though man. In all honesty I look at both of them as backups really.

In Kiwi's case he could probably start but hopefully Youboty can step in. In either case it is very short term.

In Atrains case I see him as still the backup but possibly playing a bit more than last season. Atrain would be the 2nd member of an RB by commitee at best.

BillsNick
03-13-2007, 11:36 AM

Or they can be like Pat, and just ***** about everything.

raphael120
03-13-2007, 11:38 AM
Well i know if Youboty can beat our Kiwaukee in camp, we know we're getting a starter in Youboty that hasnt played a real game and is performing better than an average CB in Kiwaukee.

I like the resigning, he will work until Youboty is caught up to speed, there's a reason why he was supposed to be a 1rst round talent...this guy should be no joke. Now is the time to see him shine, lets just hope he's not a bust.

OpIv37
03-13-2007, 11:39 AM
BTW, Anderson and Williams can be cut at anytime and if Williams is here, it as #3 RB so who the **** cares?

#3 RB is insiginifcant. *****ing about that position is an indication that somebody needs Midol.

unfortunately, Anderson getting cut is looking less and less likely because we still don't have a replacement.

camelcowboy
03-13-2007, 11:40 AM

Thank you for making my point. Your conceeding the offseason and its only March 13, still alot of freeagents out there"who prices are dropping daily", and we have a draft comming up in April. Was it you that said that most good teams are built through the draft? Granted the team was 7-9 last year, but it was 7-9 that shown us some good things. QB is no longer the focus of this offseason except for some of the slow zoners. Our oline is better, we have elite receiver. I saw improvement, alot of time left Pat, Chill!

Mr. Pink
03-13-2007, 11:42 AM
Hey at least he has PASSION and FIRE for this team and wants to see them win. That's what the criticism is for. Some of us actually give two shakes and want to see a winner for the first time in a decade. Others are apparently complacent and like that we've brought in scrubs who were backups to now be starters.

We've been rebuilding since Clinton was in office...this doesn't bother anyone?

And it does bother people if some of us don't like some of the resigning of players who weren't good enough last year? I don't get this.

If they weren't good enough last year, they're not magically going to be good enough this year. Dead weight is dead weight. If Willis was dead weight, so is Kiwi. If London was dead weight, so is Kelsay. If Clements was too expensive to keep and not worth the dollars, neither is Langston Walker.

You can't have it both ways.

Dr. Lecter
03-13-2007, 11:43 AM

I never said that. You are twisting and manipulating what I am saying.

There will be players on this team that are plug ins. Something that almost all NFL teams have. It is due to the Free Agency era.

Havign two guys that are tabbed as temporary starters does not ruin the entire season.

Dr. Lecter
03-13-2007, 11:44 AM
who did I ***** about that left? This team has sucked for years.. They couldnt win WITH these free agents, so why would I want them back? Fletcher is the only player I think the Bills should have resigned out of this ENTIRE free agent class.

It was more of a general statement.

Jersey1031
03-13-2007, 11:44 AM
Today

Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 12:37 PM ET | Link
KIWAUKEE SIGNING: Getting Thomas re-signed adds an important veteran presence to the secondary. I think he'll again man the nickel corner spot in this defense provided Ashton Youboty comes along like I believe he will and can nail down the starting RCB spot. Then I would imagine the Bills would supplement their secondary with a day one pick at corner. McGee, Youboty, Thomas, Greer and a first day pick gives you a decent group to work with. ---

Dr. Lecter
03-13-2007, 11:45 AM
unfortunately, Anderson getting cut is looking less and less likely because we still don't have a replacement.

They will draft a DT on day one.

Bert102176
03-13-2007, 11:45 AM
just saw it on NFL.com I think it's awesome and Bo Schobel was in today I would really like them to sign him he's not his cousin but I think he can be almost as good

camelcowboy
03-13-2007, 11:48 AM
Hey at least he has PASSION and FIRE for this team and wants to see them win. That's what the criticism is for. Some of us actually give two shakes and want to see a winner for the first time in a decade. Others are apparently complacent and like that we've brought in scrubs who were backups to now be starters.

And it does bother people if some of us don't like some of the resigning of players who weren't good enough last year? I don't get this.

If they weren't good enough last year, they're not magically going to be good enough this year. Dead weight is dead weight. If Willis was dead weight, so is Kiwi. If London was dead weight, so is Kelsay. If Clements was too expensive to keep and not worth the dollars, neither is Langston Walker.

You can't have it both ways.London, Willis, and Clements helped lead us to 3-13,5-11, and 7-9 seasons. Maybe rebuilding means changing the culture of the people we view as leaders for this team. Develop J.P. this team gets better. The o-line is better, we drafted 3 starters last year on defense Crowell steped up as well. This team is going young with veteran Role players i have no problem with that. Marv has done nothing to disapoint me"except press conferences" so im going to give him some time to build this team team. I'll see how the draft goes.

patmoran2006
03-13-2007, 11:49 AM
just saw it on NFL.com I think it's awesome and Bo Schobel was in today I would really like them to sign him he's not his cousin but I think he can be almost as good
I just spit my pop out.

OpIv37
Thank you for making my point. Your conceeding the offseason and its only March 13, still alot of freeagents out there"who prices are dropping daily", and we have a draft comming up in April. Was it you that said that most good teams are built through the draft? Granted the team was 7-9 last year, but it was 7-9 that shown us some good things. QB is no longer the focus of this offseason except for some of the slow zoners. Our oline is better, we have elite receiver. I saw improvement, alot of time left Pat, Chill!

the problem with building through the draft is that it takes time. In the long run, it's the right way to do things. But we had something like 6 or 7 rookies take the field last year and it got us 7-9. It takes time for college players to adjust to the NFL, and few can come on board and immediately make a team better. So it's not reasonable to think that our D is going to be that much better just because of the draft when we completely neglected it in FA.

One other thing: there are 31 other teams in the NFL that get to draft players. We get better through the draft, but so do our opponents. People seem to forget that fact frequently.

bigbub2352
Very good signing for the Young secondary, this will be our cb in the nickel and able to hold down the spot while the young guys like jabari greer, eric bassey and youboty can find there groove and learn from him, this helps out alot

patmoran2006
03-13-2007, 11:50 AM
London, Willis, and Clements helped lead us to 3-13,5-11, and 7-9 seasons. Maybe rebuilding means changing the culture of the people we view as leaders for this team. Develop J.P. this team gets better. The o-line is better, we drafted 3 starters last year on defense Crowell steped up as well. This team is going young with veteran Role players i have no problem with that. Marv has done nothing to disapoint me"except press conferences" so im going to give him some time to build this team team. I'll see how the draft goes.

Bull****.. Greg Williams and Mike Mularkey led the Bills to those records, not Fletcher and Clements. They are two of the better players in the NFL at their positions.

Buffalo had playoff talent from 2003-2006 and ******ed coaching, thats why those records are what they were.

justasportsfan
03-13-2007, 11:53 AM
the problem with building through the draft is that it takes time. In the long run, it's the right way to do things. But we had something like 6 or 7 rookies take the field last year and it got us 7-9. It takes time for college players to adjust to the NFL, and few can come on board and immediately make a team better. So it's not reasonable to think that our D is going to be that much better just because of the draft when we completely neglected it in FA.

One other thing: there are 31 other teams in the NFL that get to draft players. We get better through the draft, but so do our opponents. People seem to forget that fact frequently.
Spikes, , Posey, Blesoe , Fletcher , Milloy didn't anything for us and yet we're back to square one trying to draft our future. Na, build via the draft. It's been the Pats', Colts' and Pitts formula of winning. Not the TD way. In case you forgot, it was also the 90's bills way.

OpIv37
03-13-2007, 11:54 AM

I like the K Thomas and A Thomas signings, only because we're better with them than we were two days ago with no RB and only two CB's, one of whom is a virtual rookie.

But I completely agree that this team has done nothing to get better this off-season, except for the OL. When it comes down to it, we've clearly upgraded 1 position. That's it.

If we were the Jets and just barely missed the playoffs last year, or even the Broncos who really only struggled because of the QB position, I might be satisfied with that. But we were 7-9. We need help all over the field and so far we havent' found it.

OpIv37
03-13-2007, 11:55 AM
Spikes, , Posey, Blesoe , Fletcher , Milloy didn't anything for us and yet we're back to square one trying to draft our future. Na, build via the draft. It's been the Pats', Colts' and Pitts formula of winning. Not the TD way. In case you forgot, it was also the 90's bills way.

I fully understand that. But it still translates into at least another year of mediocrity.

patmoran2006
03-13-2007, 11:56 AM
Spikes, , Posey, Blesoe , Fletcher , Milloy didn't anything for us and yet we're back to square one trying to draft our future. Na, build via the draft. It's been the Pats', Colts' and Pitts formula of winning. Not the TD way. In case you forgot, it was alos the 90's bills way.

are you seriously tarded saying that Spikes, Milloy and especially Fletcher have done nothing for us?

They had the NUMBER TWO F'N DEFENSE in the NFL two times in three years..

Im dead serious.. I am truly starting to understand why 99% of your posts are nothing more than following me and OP and 1-2 others around with your backhanded comments..

Please dont talk about football anymore, you have NO CLUE what your talking about it.. Just go back to marvin levy cheerleading and calling me a "drama queen" or whatever.

camelcowboy
03-13-2007, 11:56 AM
Bull****.. Greg Williams and Mike Mularkey led the Bills to those records, not Fletcher and Clements. They are two of the better players in the NFL at their positions.

Buffalo had playoff talent from 2003-2006 and ******ed coaching, thats why those records are what they were.

Well guess what? we put the same team under a coach that isn't ******ed and they became better, The Bills missed their playoff window. Time to start over,but I don't regret letting them go at the money they received from two teams that overpaid for them. I don't mind this team getting younger because i saw that rookies and inexperienced vets succeeded under Jurons system. Another year in the offensive and defensive system the team should get better. I don't think they are done yet in FA, i also think they have something cooking during the draft.

justasportsfan
03-13-2007, 11:57 AM
I fully understand that. But it still translates into at least another year of mediocrity.
maybe, maybe not. Who knows if the team is gonna be better playing in their 2nd year in the same scheme?

Up until the playoffs the colts D looked just as bad as ours. They did so much better in the playoffs. The difference (aside from the obvious qb) they've been playing in the scheme a lot longer than we have. Maybe we'll get better just like they did.

don137
03-13-2007, 11:57 AM
Every team has new starters every year. Some are better then the replacements and others are not. The Bills had very strong draft last year and if they can have another very strong draft they will definitely have a very solid nucleus and a playoff run is not out of the question if the players drafted can contribute and players drafted last year really step up.
Management only has so much money to spend and because the team has not done well under previous regimes it is not an easy sell to prospective free agents and they sometimes need to over spend on a guy like Dockery to fill a glaring need and get a quality guy here. The Bills need to spend very wisely and can't just go out and sign all the big names Some fans rather just sit and complain because the Bills are not made of money and seem to fail to realize the Bills don't have the financial where with all like other teams.

OpIv37
03-13-2007, 11:58 AM
They will draft a DT on day one.

We drafted a DT on Day 1 last year. And signed a DT in FA. And drafted a DT on Day 2.

This is why this team never gets better- we're constantly replacing the same positions. We've had a bad OL for at least 4 consecutive seasons, we had 2 years of a bad DL and the attempts to fix it didn't work, we haven't had a good TE since Metzalaars left, we've had a QB carousel going on for a decade now (although hopefully that's resolved)...

jmb1099
03-13-2007, 12:00 PM

I get that, I really do. But there is a difference in dead weight and no heart arrogance. Guys like Kelsay are willing to learn, and play with passion every down. Guys like Clements play well only in contract years. I am in no way saying Kelsay is a long or even short term answer, but he is at least willing to be molded to the system unlike Mgahee who wouldn't even learn the playbook. Not for nothing, but I wonder if our season would have been at least a tad different had he actually put some effort into it.
As far as Walker goes I gues I am curious more than anything to see if the guys performance was a product of the worst system in football or if he really did just suck that badly. If he proves to be a beast than Marv's a guru, if a failure than an old fool. Either way it is what it is. I am so tired of losing, even more tired of worthless *****ing. There is no benefit to 5000 threads of how the season is already over before it started. What you call passion and fire I call a lame cry for attention.

camelcowboy
03-13-2007, 12:00 PM

This is where your coaching point comes in, Stats show they were number two, but when the situation requried them to step up they choked. Thats a combination of players and coaching.

justasportsfan
03-13-2007, 12:03 PM
are you seriously tarded saying that Spikes, Milloy and especially Fletcher have done nothing for us?

Im dead serious.. I am truly starting to understand why 99% of your posts are nothing more than following me and OP and 1-2 others around with your backhanded comments..

Please dont talk about football anymore, you have NO CLUE what your talking about it.. Just go back to marvin levy cheerleading and calling me a "drama queen" or whatever.

OY, the drama. The no. 2 D that got clocked by the Pitts 3rd string. I remember that day. What happened after that? They couldn't hang wihen it mattered most. That stat means nothing.

Now it's following OP? First time I responded to OP post. As for your post, it's not following you, it's expossing for the dramaqueen that you are.
No wonder you hated ICE, he prevented you from being overly opinionated about things and it pissed you off.

I never thought I'd say, I miss ICE. I'd have him back in an instant if it meant you leaving. I'm serious!!!

camelcowboy
03-13-2007, 12:05 PM

One other thing: there are 31 other teams in the NFL that get to draft players. We get better through the draft, but so do our opponents. People seem to forget that fact frequently. Everyone gets equal shots at FA,and the Draft. If our front office's task to be better then most of the teams in evaluating talent. Im not ready to write our front office off yet.

Mr. Pink
03-13-2007, 12:06 PM

As Pat pointed out...It wasn't the talent, it was the subpar coaching. Everyone bags on Mularkey and Williams for their poor coaching, go figure we don't make the playoffs even when we did have the talent.

Talent only goes so far, if the people that direct the talent are morons, it's not going to help.

And with your 90s Bills way, the NFL was VERY different than it is today. Free Agency had nothing to do with the game, seeing FA was set up in a way that the only people that ever hit were scrubs, retreads and players other teams didn't want anymore. Not players that other teams couldn't afford to keep anymore. If this was 1990 instead of 2007, do you honestly think a player of Nate Clements caliber would have not been resigned? The economics to keep him aren't there in this day and age. The economics of things didn't play as big of a role in when the Bills were the dominating team of the AFC.

Economics wise, you could afford to keep any of the players you wanted for most of their career, if not all of it back when the 90s Bills were assembled. Today you can't. Players like Nate command 80 million dollars, Fletch 25 million, Dockery 49...etc etc etc. You can't afford to have top talent at every position, so the guys you pay top talent money to, better earn every dollar. Top talent money guys HAVE to be top producers, or else you're eph'd. And meanwhile, it's not as bad as in the NBA for how long you're screwed, you're still screwed for a few years.

And I've already gone over key acquisitions that the steelers, pats and indy had that were not draft picks, so I will not do that again.

OpIv37
03-13-2007, 12:07 PM
Everyone gets equal shots at FA,and the Draft. If our front office's task to be better then most of the teams in evaluating talent. Im not ready to write our front office off yet.

I'm not knocking the front office, but we have 8 picks in a draft that goes 7 rounds- we can't stop other teams from getting talent. Hopefully our FO will pick the right guys to make our squad better but there's nothing we can do about how other teams' FO's choose to make improvements.

billsburgh
03-13-2007, 12:09 PM
give it a rest...........please. its getting old.

justasportsfan
03-13-2007, 12:15 PM
As Pat pointed out...It wasn't the talent, it was the subpar coaching. Everyone bags on Mularkey and Williams for their poor coaching, go figure we don't make the playoffs even when we did have the talent.

Talent only goes so far, if the people that direct the talent are morons, it's not going to help.

And with your 90s Bills way, the NFL was VERY different than it is today. Free Agency had nothing to do with the game, seeing FA was set up in a way that the only people that ever hit were scrubs, retreads and players other teams didn't want anymore. Not players that other teams couldn't afford to keep anymore. If this was 1990 instead of 2007, do you honestly think a player of Nate Clements caliber would have not been resigned? The economics to keep him aren't there in this day and age. The economics of things didn't play as big of a role in when the Bills were the dominating team of the AFC.

Economics wise, you could afford to keep any of the players you wanted for most of their career, if not all of it back when the 90s Bills were assembled. Today you can't. Players like Nate command 80 million dollars, Fletch 25 million, Dockery 49...etc etc etc. You can't afford to have top talent at every position, so the guys you pay top talent money to, better earn every dollar. Top talent money guys HAVE to be top producers, or else you're eph'd. And meanwhile, it's not as bad as in the NBA for how long you're screwed, you're still screwed for a few years.

And I've already gone over key acquisitions that the steelers, pats and indy had that were not draft picks, so I will not do that again.

but that's what happens when you don't draft. They don't grow together as a unit. All we had to do was lose Pat Williams and we sucked. The it snowballed from then on. A bunch of expensive vets took over the team and rebeled. The most senior one oulds, being the leader. That team was no different from the redskins through the years.

Draft and let them play together for years. That's always been a winning solution.

Michael82
03-13-2007, 12:16 PM

Where did that get them? Wow...they had the Number 2 defense. Doesn't defense win championships? They couldn't even get in the playoffs with the number 2 defense. Those players choked when it counted. Remember the pittsburgh game that if we won it, we were in the playoffs? We didn't just lose because of Drew Bledsoe, we lost because the defense choked and let the Pittsburgh Steelers' 3rd and 4th stringers run all over them. :::

Carlton Bailey
03-13-2007, 12:17 PM
Willie Parker's 58-yard run haunts me, Mikey.

That defense was totally overrated.

Michael82
03-13-2007, 12:17 PM
Willie Parker's 58-yard run haunts me, Mikey.

That defense was totally overrated.
I agree. I was at the game and I wanted to vomit at the end, especially when it came out that if we won we were in. :mad: :ill:

JoeMama
03-13-2007, 12:30 PM
Well done, Marv.

I really like Kiwaukee Thomas. He reminds me a great deal of Marlon Kerner.

Kerner was the front-runner to win the vacant spot at cornerback in 1998 after Jeff Burris left via free agency.

Unfortunately, Kerner suffered a career ending injury that preseason. Which is a shame because he would have been very good.

Thomas has roughly the same size, speed, and ability - and a very similar background as a solid backup.

I think Thomas will win the starting job unless Youboty makes an incredible leap from year one to year two.

What I'm hoping is that this helps lessen the need at cornerback so Marv can draft Okoye, Willis, or Lynch at #12.

Dr. Lecter
03-13-2007, 12:32 PM
Thanks for being the voice of reason Joe! (although Lynch would be choice #3 for me on that list, by far)

TacklingDummy
03-13-2007, 12:37 PM
The Bills today announced the re-signing of cornerback Kiwaukee Thomas. Visit Buffalobills.com for more.

Chris Chambers just became the happiest man in the AFC East. Gone is Nate Clements in his place are the 2 backup CBs that allowed Chambers to get 15 catches for 238 yards a few years back.

camelcowboy
03-13-2007, 12:41 PM
Chris Chambers just became the happiest man in the AFC East. Gone is Nate Clements in his place are the 2 backup CBs that allowed Chambers to get 15 catches for 238 yards a few years back.

Chambers burnt clements if i remeber correctly

jmb1099
03-13-2007, 12:47 PM
yup

justasportsfan
03-13-2007, 12:49 PM
I agree. I was at the game and I wanted to vomit at the end, especially when it came out that if we won we were in. :mad: :ill:
was that the same D that got torched by the a Sage Rosenfeld led fins ?

Michael82
03-13-2007, 12:50 PM
was that the same D that got torched by the a Sage Rosenfeld led fins ?
yup..... :puke:

Tatonka
03-13-2007, 01:01 PM
I dont hate Thomas.. I got no problem with him at all.

But forgive me for not getting excited about resigning guys who would be backups on almost any other team in the NFL (Kiwi and ATrain)

But I was hoping we'd get a CB of legit starting quality.

hey pat.. i am going to save you hours of your life.. copy the text you typed above.. save it in a word document.. and then whenever you get the urge to post, you can just cut and paste.. because your like a broken record anyway..

backup.. blah blah.. depth... blah blah.. cheerleader.. blah blah... awful team.. blah blah..

TacklingDummy
03-13-2007, 01:55 PM

You don't remember correctly. Most of the big pass plays came against Greer/Thomas. The last game winning drive Chambers caught a 53 yard pass and 4 yard touchdown pass and Clements wasn't the one responsible for coverage on him, Greer was.

I don't know about you but I certainly would want my #1 CB on Chamber all game. Jerry Grey is a moron.

OpIv37
03-13-2007, 02:00 PM
You don't remember correctly. Most of the big pass plays came against Greer/Thomas. The last game winning drive Chambers caught a 53 yard pass and 4 yard touchdown pass and Clements wasn't the one responsible for coverage on him, Greer was.

I don't know about you but I certainly would want my #1 CB on Chamber all game. Jerry Grey is a moron.

either that or Clements was so out of position that it LOOKED like someone else was responsible for Chambers.....

I remember on several of Chambers' catchs, Nate was playing 5 yards off of him to try to prevent the big play and giving up the comeback route every time.

And you know, if it was JUST this game, maybe it wouldn't matter so much because even the best players have bad games. But Clements had numerous bad games and always seem to have his worst plays at the most inopportune times. The guy is completely overrated. Even ESPN said he was maybe the 15th or 16th best corner in football and SF grossly overpaid for him.

And BTW. Kiwaukee Thomas was on the DOLPHINS during that game in '05, not the Bills. So something is very fuzzy about your memory of that particular day.

raphael120
03-13-2007, 02:12 PM
Know what the Colts have that we didn't? Outstanding selfless players at their respective positions.

Did you ever see Addia or Rhodes claiming they were the number 1 back? NO, they played their asses off and let their PLAYING do the talking.

Did you ever see one of their corners ***** about not getting paid enough or only show up for games they felt like?

Did you ever see their "leader" MLB talking about how it's about him and his money and thats why he's leaving?

The Colts are the epitomy of what we need to get back to and what I hope Marv is doing...getting a bunch of players, some outstanding, but all humble and know their places and have such good chemistry and PRIDE in being a Buffalo Bill that they'll do anything to win. I believe we are getting rid of the wrong people and bringing in the right people.

Dockery has a passion for the game, it seems, and is excited to be playing next to Peters. Fits along with Evans, JP, Fowler, Schobel, Crowell, Whitner, Simpson, Kyle Williams, even. They're all out to prove everyone wrong. JP is going to be awesome, he has the right attitude to get the job done.

THIS IS NOT A REBUILDING YEAR, it's a big step to the COMPLETION OF that process. We're BUILDING on last year. Think about what we lost and what CANT be replaced easily? It's not like we lost a Peyton Manning or a LT, or a Chad Johnson. Come on, people. It's not going to be bad unless Marv totally craps the bed in the draft. But until then, let's wait.

B-DON
03-13-2007, 02:14 PM
I honestly think this guy blows. I was so hapy we hadnt heard any news about resigning him now this. He better not start over youboty or we are definitely screwed.

The Answer
03-13-2007, 03:03 PM
Here's an exclusive picture from his press conference after news broke about his resigning:

http://www.njweedman.com/beetlejuice_closeup.jpg

~The Answer

gr8slayer
03-13-2007, 04:58 PM
Hell yeah. Great signing.

G. Host
03-13-2007, 05:10 PM

Some people are just plain *****es
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9540/0400074godilovethatbitcrx0.jpg

It doesn't mean they like to be reminded about it or are willing to admit it. They look in the mirror and see showdogs.