PDA

View Full Version : I never thought I'd see the day..

patmoran2006
03-13-2007, 11:25 AM
That this franchise would sink so low that its fans are literally GIDDY because we've now resigned Kiwi Thomas and Anthony Thomas.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with either of these guys; but they are ROLE players at best, and sadly they are currently starters on this depth chart.

This team is so far behind the Patriots and even the Jets in the talent pool at this point that it's not even funny.

THATHURMANATOR
03-13-2007, 11:27 AM
Who's giddy?

Who doesn't realize they are role players.

Get over yourself.

Dr. Lecter
03-13-2007, 11:28 AM
I don't think they are that far behind the Jets.

And I have not seen anybody "GIDDY".

justasportsfan
03-13-2007, 11:29 AM
more drama from the dramaqueen.

BillsNick
03-13-2007, 11:29 AM
Great, another ******ed thread. Nice job, Pat. :rolleyes:

Bulldog
03-13-2007, 11:32 AM
I hope I see the day that you STOP posting useless BS all over this board.

camelcowboy
03-13-2007, 11:32 AM
Pat, most of the time i appreciate your football knowledge you bring alot to the table, but open your eyes bro. These are smart moves, not moves to get "giddy over" but solid resignings that helped the bills get better a year ago. I agree its not enought, but you have to wait to see what they the rest of FA, and the draft. Every time i read your posts i feel like im at a wake.

The King
03-13-2007, 11:35 AM
Its called depth. And it saves your ass from letting free agents take a year to learn the system.

Yasgur's Farm
03-13-2007, 11:38 AM
You gotta relax PM... We have the draft coming up and still have a few bux in our pocket.

We all know that the worst case will be A-train in tandem with either Chris Brown or a rookie. The best case will be Chris Brown in tandem with our #1 pick.

We also all know that Youboty will be our starting CB. Meanwhile we just landed his vet back-up.

Devin
03-13-2007, 11:52 AM
Jesus Marv cant do anything right.

We need a big time OG......we get one........but we pay to much.

We manage to not only trade Willis and avoid a 40 mil contract......but we get 3 draft picks for him......still no good.

We re-sign depth players for cheap......that sucks to.

:rolleyes:

gil
03-13-2007, 12:02 PM
Pat's just working on his new invention he's hoping to sell at Bills' tailgates:

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/937/jumptoconclusions2xkya8.jpg

JJamezz
03-13-2007, 12:10 PM
Shouldn't you be out on a ledge somewhere?

TigerJ
03-13-2007, 12:14 PM
So, let me get this straight, Pat. You think overall it's probably good for the Bills to have signed the two Thomases, but you object to everyone else being too happy about it? Yeah, that's what I thought you said. You do realize that those are crazy thoughts don't you? For myself, yes, I'm happy they've been signed. Kiwi is a veteran backup. I would feel a little more secure with another FA with significant starting experience, or a draft pick in the first couple rounds at CB, but Youboty may be fine as a starter, and with another serviceable backup or late round pick with upside added, Buffalo might be OK. And I think all of us know that something more needs to be done at RB, but having A-train in the fold is better by a mile than having only Shaud Williams under contract. Giddy? Who's giddy. Who thinks Buffalo can stop here?

TacklingDummy
03-13-2007, 12:17 PM
Good Work Pat, keep it coming.

Im no longer in the top 5 of biggest _______ on the board. :check:

jamesiscool
03-13-2007, 12:17 PM
ok we dont sign kiwi. what do we do? spend more money on a C who in this market is going to cost WAY more than he is going to be worth? do we draft a starting impact CB in the first round? well we have MANY more needs than jus CB, and all this coming from the guy who is one of the biggest advocates of the bills drafting okoye. ok..... where do we get a starting cb from? youbooty? well u've *****ed about that and more than one occasions.

we dont sign thomas. we do what? hope that shaud and a2nd or 3rd round RB steps up and becomes thurman incarnate? dood. chill. the offseson is VERY young.

give it time. you screaming on a bills fan board isnt going to change what the FO does no matter how many times u do it.

THATHURMANATOR
03-13-2007, 12:18 PM

You are definitly in the top 5 man.

Carlton Bailey
03-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Why be negative about every single thing? It's so played out.

camelcowboy
03-13-2007, 12:20 PM

Don't sell yourself short :up:

Ed
03-13-2007, 12:21 PM
No one is lining up for playoff tickets. The point is that re-signing Thomas and Thomas puts us in a better situation then we were a week ago. It wasn't a given that they were coming back. They could have both easily chosen to sign elsewhere. And then we're stuck bringing in new players, possibly less talented, that have to learn our system and develop that chemistry all over again.

Being able to bring back these guys gives us more options in the draft and that's what's exciting.

JJamezz
03-13-2007, 12:21 PM

Pat's not on my ignore list. :up:

patmoran2006
03-13-2007, 12:22 PM
Call me crazy, but when your team is NOT good and the Bills cleary are not in comparision to the good teams in the league, you try to acquire as many NEW players as possible; not resign the reasons you win 5-7 games per year.
I knew we'd lose Clements and I was fine with that.. Crazy me thought we might go after a Rod Hood or a Nick Harper to soften the blow.. Nope, we bring back Kiwi Thomas.

I knew we'd lose McGahee; **** him.. But knowing he was gone I thought we'd go after an Ahman Green or a Travis Henry to upgrade the spot.. Nope, we bring back A-Train, who is NOT better than McGahee.

I knew we'd lose Fletcher; that sucks but it happens. I thought we might get after a Cato June or an Adalius Thomas to upgrade there. NOpe. Right now, we got Keith ellison plugged in as a starter.

I dont know as much as our front office, nor should I.. Im a fan I'm not a peer competiting with them. But as far as their peers go, they are inferior to about 28-29 of them and seven years of ****ty football is evidence.
And love me or hate me, I have passion for this team, as do most of you.. But if you think for a second the average ticket buying fan is going to look up, see Nate, Fletch and Willis gone and replaced with ATrain, Kiwi and Ellison and want to go out and buy tickets, well then you are a trillion percent delusional.

At this point, I'll be truly surprised if there is a Buffalo Bills by 2010. They spend only what they have to spend, the let their star players walk and they replace them with rookies and/or nobodies; and last year during a "playoff" run was proof that the fans are sick of the bull****-- check the attendance gate.

If you dont think its going to be A LOT worse this year if they dont win right away- your fooling yourself.

Carlton Bailey
03-13-2007, 12:25 PM
Some people live to ***** and moan.

BAM
03-13-2007, 12:27 PM
I find it hilarious that some of you bozos get this worked up about this stuff.

TacklingDummy
03-13-2007, 12:27 PM
Wys called, he wants his novels back.

billsburgh
03-13-2007, 12:28 PM
Pat, did you really expect to get the top player in free agency at every position of need? If so you are crazy. It's just not realistic.

realdealryan
03-13-2007, 12:35 PM
Everyone seems to forget that Milwaukee was the player who carried Roscoe like a mother cat with her kitten about 15 yards during the punt return for a TD against the Jags. That's worth like semi-giddiness right there.

patmoran2006
03-13-2007, 12:36 PM
Did I even mention the top Fa at ANY position other than A. Thomas?

patmoran2006
03-13-2007, 12:37 PM
Some people live to ***** and moan.
and for some people, thats the only comeback they can muster, because they are 100% incapable of sticking to the topics because there isnt much if at all they can say to refute the statements.

M
03-13-2007, 12:46 PM
Call me crazy, but when your team is NOT good and the Bills cleary are not in comparision to the good teams in the league, you try to acquire as many NEW players as possible; not resign the reasons you win 5-7 games per year.
I knew we'd lose Clements and I was fine with that.. Crazy me thought we might go after a Rod Hood or a Nick Harper to soften the blow.. Nope, we bring back Kiwi Thomas.

I knew we'd lose McGahee; **** him.. But knowing he was gone I thought we'd go after an Ahman Green or a Travis Henry to upgrade the spot.. Nope, we bring back A-Train, who is NOT better than McGahee.

I knew we'd lose Fletcher; that sucks but it happens. I thought we might get after a Cato June or an Adalius Thomas to upgrade there. NOpe. Right now, we got Keith ellison plugged in as a starter.

I dont know as much as our front office, nor should I.. Im a fan I'm not a peer competiting with them. But as far as their peers go, they are inferior to about 28-29 of them and seven years of ****ty football is evidence.
And love me or hate me, I have passion for this team, as do most of you.. But if you think for a second the average ticket buying fan is going to look up, see Nate, Fletch and Willis gone and replaced with ATrain, Kiwi and Ellison and want to go out and buy tickets, well then you are a trillion percent delusional.

At this point, I'll be truly surprised if there is a Buffalo Bills by 2010. They spend only what they have to spend, the let their star players walk and they replace them with rookies and/or nobodies; and last year during a "playoff" run was proof that the fans are sick of the bull****-- check the attendance gate.

If you dont think its going to be A LOT worse this year if they dont win right away- your fooling yourself.

OK, wait a minute ... how are the Bills supposed to afford ALL of the players that is on your wish list?? Hood/Harper; Green/Henry; June/Thomas. I know people say Ralph is cheap but come on! Relax, PLEASE! It's not over yet.

Philagape
03-13-2007, 02:02 PM
I know it looks bleak for the Bills now ... good thing we don't have a game next week ... but I keep hearing about this thing by which we'll acquire several more players.

I believe it's called (correct me if I get it wrong) .... the d r a f t.

Anyone else hear of this? It's amazing! We get to choose several new players from among the best college football players in the nation for our team!

So don't worry; call me crazy, but I have this GIDDY feeling that the roster as it is now will look a little different in September! :jig:

Mr. Pink
03-13-2007, 02:06 PM
I know it looks bleak for the Bills now ... good thing we don't have a game next week ... but I keep hearing about this thing by which we'll acquire several more players.

I believe it's called (correct me if I get it wrong) .... the d r a f t.

Anyone else hear of this? It's amazing! We get to choose several new players from among the best college football players in the nation for our team!

So don't worry; call me crazy, but I have this GIDDY feeling that the roster as it is now will look a little different in September! :jig:

Hey Crazy, every other team gets to draft too!

Every team in our division, sans the Fins, has improved through free agency. They were below us and will probably stay there, unless Daunte heals up and/or Ricky plays back to form and stays away from the ganja.

These teams will continue to improve via the draft as well.

SquishDaFish
03-13-2007, 02:09 PM
Always negative and NEVER happy. Lets not sign any depth or competition for any spots on this team because Pat wants all the high priced talent. YEA!

Philagape
03-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Hey Crazy, every other team gets to draft too!

Every team in our division, sans the Fins, has improved through free agency. They were below us and will probably stay there, unless Daunte heals up and/or Ricky plays back to form and stays away from the ganja.

These teams will continue to improve via the draft as well.

We'll just have to do a very good job then :nervous:

I'm just glad our player-acquiring window isn't done yet! :phew: I thought it was with all the *****ing around here!

DraftBoy
03-13-2007, 02:14 PM
I dont know which is worse/funnier those that ***** about every move, or those that ***** about the *****ing thats already occuring. Either way its hilarious to read. Its as bad as the overreactions some have bc ESPN doesnt cover the Bills enough.

Philagape
03-13-2007, 02:16 PM
I dont know which is worse/funnier those that ***** about every move, or those that ***** about the *****ing thats already occuring. Either way its hilarious to read. Its as bad as the overreactions some have bc ESPN doesnt cover the Bills enough.

You're *****ing about the *****ing about the *****ing.

DraftBoy
03-13-2007, 02:20 PM
You're *****ing about the *****ing about the *****ing.

I know its grand isnt it? Its all a big circle now!

Gunzlingr
03-13-2007, 02:44 PM
Threads like this one are the reason the bills forum sucks ass, and not worth my time.

The Answer
03-13-2007, 02:47 PM
That this franchise would sink so low that its fans are literally GIDDY because we've now resigned Kiwi Thomas and Anthony Thomas.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with either of these guys; but they are ROLE players at best, and sadly they are currently starters on this depth chart.

This team is so far behind the Patriots and even the Jets in the talent pool at this point that it's not even funny.

It's all about the 'mentality of mediorcrity' - maybe Mcgahee was right, this franchise just don't have a winning attitude.

~The Answer