PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone hear this?

Devin
03-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Was posted on the Buffalobills.com forums, i know some of you are happy with our fearsome 1-2 punch of Reed and Price (and yeah thats most assuredley a joke) but some of us wouldnt mind this at all.

Its being said that this was on a radio show that he either hosts or is a part of in his home state of Mississippi.

ERIC MOULDS IN THE MORNING SAYS HE WOULDNT MIND COMING BACK TO BUFFALO WOULDNT MIND BEING THE NUMBER 2 WR , HES LOOKING FOR A THREE YR DEAL.

Thoughts?

Michael82
03-13-2007, 12:21 PM
Hmmm........As long as he is willing to publicly apologize to JP Losman for throwing him under the bus and stand side by side with him and give him props for his improvement so far, I'll be fine with him back. It would give me an excuse to bring my Moulds jersey back out of the closet. :up:

camelcowboy
03-13-2007, 12:22 PM
Was posted on the Buffalobills.com forums, i know some of you are happy with our fearsome 1-2 punch of Reed and Price (and yeah thats most assuredley a joke) but some of us wouldnt mind this at all.

Its being said that this was on a radio show that he either hosts or is a part of in his home state of Mississippi.

Thoughts?

Depends on his relationship with JP. If he can play nice i wouldnt mind it.

Mr. Miyagi
03-13-2007, 12:23 PM
Its being said that this was on a radio show
Was it CAT 220?

If Moulds can clean up his attitude about Buffalo, I'd love to have him come back for a 3yr $8 million deal.

Carlton Bailey
03-13-2007, 12:23 PM
It's probably just more made-up B.S. courtesy of the BB.com board. People always make crap up over there.

That said, I'd take Moulds back. If the Bills didn't have interest in a No. 2 WR, they wouldn't have looked at Kevin Curtis, so it's not as though Moulds has no chance to come back.

kgun12
03-13-2007, 12:24 PM
Hmmm........As long as he is willing to publicly apologize to JP Losman for throwing him under the bus and stand side by side with him and give him props for his improvement so far, I'll be fine with him back. It would give me an excuse to bring my Moulds jersey back out of the closet. :up:

For this reason alone I wouldn't bring him back!!! JP wouldbe looking over his shoulder the entire time Moulds is on this team. Cancer is cancer, he was last year and will be again, besides he wasn't very productive in Texas.

patmoran2006
03-13-2007, 12:24 PM
If he's better than any #2 WR we have now, I'd take him.

(and he is.. by far)

JJamezz
03-13-2007, 12:27 PM
Yeah, I read that too..

Honestly, I don't care if Moulds would improve the #2 spot - which is arguable - if it was up to me the only time he'd see a spot on the Bills roster again is when he's re-signed for a day to retire.

Moulds burned his bridges and frankly, if this is true, he looks like a PUNK wanting to come back after the way he left.

bigbub2352
I would take him back but he would have to come in cheap, Peerless Price numbers, but u have to wonder what his relationship would be like with Peerless, and LEE, and JP
could be askin for trouble

Earthquake Enyart
3 year deal. :rofl:

Elminster
03-13-2007, 12:29 PM
Let the past lie. He's not an upgrade if he couldn't even cut it with the Texans....

Mr. Miyagi
03-13-2007, 12:32 PM
Mould took a parting shot at David Carr, like he did with JP.

I change my mind. F*** him.

OpIv37
03-13-2007, 12:33 PM
I highly doubt there is any truth to the rumor- way too much bad blood between moulds and the organization.

madness
03-13-2007, 12:40 PM

(and he is.. by far)

Not only that but he's the possession receiver we desperately need across from Evans.

How's that for poetic justice? Evans getting the double teams while Moulds takes advantage of the one on one coverage.

Saratoga Slim
03-13-2007, 12:46 PM
I don't think they would ever sign him unless they worked out the personal issues up front.

So if we bring him in, I'll be stoked. I think he'd be a big upgrade at #2. He may not be a burner anymore, but he's exactly the go-to short route possession receiver that JP needs.

BILLSROCK1212
03-13-2007, 12:50 PM
i saw this on the BB.com message board i assume that is where u found it.....it was reported in a Mississippi radio show

edit: sorry didn't read your post

THATHURMANATOR
03-13-2007, 12:51 PM
As long as he doesn't throw temper tantrums and refuse to play I guess we could use him

patmoran2006
03-13-2007, 12:53 PM
I gotta make sure I save this thread so I can pull it back out if we sign Moulds and see how many of you suddenly change your tune.. which just further proves the point that it doesnt matter who we sign or what we do, some people will be on board with anything

kgun12
03-13-2007, 12:57 PM

(and he is.. by far)

So are you saying......you want him?

kgun12
03-13-2007, 12:58 PM
I gotta make sure I save this thread so I can pull it back out if we sign Moulds and see how many of you suddenly change your tune.. which just further proves the point that it doesnt matter who we sign or what we do, some people will be on board with anything

...or don't want him?

Meathead
03-13-2007, 12:59 PM
take him back marv he learnt his lesson

BILLSROCK1212
03-13-2007, 01:02 PM
not for too much though....i say 2 years 5 mil with a 1.5 mil signing bonus with most of the money he can make in the 2nd year of the deal of course.....then i am good with it

don137
03-13-2007, 01:08 PM
I just don't trust people that have a reputation as a cancer. People that are cancers cause more harm than good.
Look at this website. There are negative people that post here all the time and it brings down the reputation of the website and people leave the site even if they post decent stuff every once in a while.

kgun12
03-13-2007, 01:10 PM
I just don't trust people that have a reputation as a cancer. People that are cancers cause more harm than good.
Look at this website. There are negative people that post here all the time and it brings down the reputation of the website and people leave the site even if they post decent stuff every once in a while.

I agree, and again I think it would hurt JP's development!

Tatonka
03-13-2007, 01:12 PM
moulds was the first one to go to jp after he smoked them in houston last year.. he met jp on the middle of the field and told him he played awesome and to keep tearing it up.. jp did not seem to have a problem with him when discussing that.

i think the media blew that up much bigger than it was.

justasportsfan
03-13-2007, 01:15 PM
not for too much though....i say 2 years 5 mil with a 1.5 mil signing bonus with most of the money he can make in the 2nd year of the deal of course.....then i am good with it

I think he'll be happy if he just got back his regular table at the canadian ballet.

jdbillsfan
03-13-2007, 01:23 PM
moulds was the first one to go to jp after he smoked them in houston last year.. he met jp on the middle of the field and told him he played awesome and to keep tearing it up.. jp did not seem to have a problem with him when discussing that.

i think the media blew that up much bigger than it was.

I was just going to say that. What did Moulds actually say about JP because they looked friendly after the Texans vs Bills game?

Mr. Pink
03-13-2007, 01:43 PM
How do this answer strike you? NO.

While we're at it, lets see if Antowain wants to come back and play running back, he gained a 1000 yards here. MLB...Sam Cowart is well passed his achilles injury, let's get him back in here too.

Who else can we bring back? Sugar Shane Matthews as our backup QB! Yeah!

Leave the past in the past. We've already made enough mistakes re-signing old players. Don't make another.

Mr. Miyagi
03-13-2007, 02:04 PM
How do this answer strike you? NO.

While we're at it, lets see if Antowain wants to come back and play running back, he gained a 1000 yards here. MLB...Sam Cowart is well passed his achilles injury, let's get him back in here too.

Who else can we bring back? Sugar Shane Matthews as our backup QB! Yeah!

Leave the past in the past. We've already made enough mistakes re-signing old players. Don't make another.
I bet Bruce Smith is itching to come out of retirement. We need a DE on the other side of Schobel. And Jay Riemersma could be that big dumpoff target JP needs.

Mr. Miyagi
03-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Damn I'm impressed with myself for still remembering how to spell Riemersma. :bravo:

Ed
03-13-2007, 02:14 PM
I'd definitely take Moulds back, but he was my favorite player, so I'm probably biased.

I don't think Moulds had a problem with JP. He had a problem with Mularkey, like most people seemed to. As a long time veteran, frustrated with losing and all the changes year in and year out, he was just more vocal about it and it came to a breaking point.

Moulds loves Evans and Price, so it's not like he'd be looking to come back and step on anyones toes. He even said after the Texans game that he had to hold himself back from cheering for them after making their big plays.

Moulds loved Buffalo, the team, the fans, he just wanted to win here so badly. Nothing wrong with that.

madness
03-13-2007, 02:53 PM
So are you saying......you want him?

...or don't want him?

Check back in 5 min.

The Answer
03-13-2007, 02:57 PM
The Answer has always been a Moulds fan - if he's interested in coming back to Buff than get it done!

~The Answer

Earthquake Enyart
03-13-2007, 03:10 PM
The Answer has always been a Moulds fan - if he's interested in coming back to Buff than get it done!

~The Answer
Wrong answer.

HAMMER
03-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Marv preaches character and the team concept. Moulds does not embody character and was not a team player at the end of his tenure here. Marv will not resign Moulds unless old man Wilson forced him to, and that will not happen either.

Michael82
03-13-2007, 03:44 PM

~The Answer
Wow....you aren't ICE.... :shocked:

Goobylal
03-13-2007, 04:02 PM
I'd take him for the veteran minimum. He still has his initial signing bonus from the Bills, not to mention the Texans. Otherwise, SEE YA!

X-Era
03-13-2007, 04:15 PM

Thats exactly it. If hes going to come in here assuming we are simply a team trying to build into a great team again, if he assumes that hes here as a #2, if he assumes he needs to keep quiet and let the youngsters learn to lead, Im all for it.

But if hes going to show up and start trying to direct things and throw players under the bus/coaches/etc... Thanks, but no thanks.

X-Era
03-13-2007, 04:18 PM

Thoughts?

One more thing on this, theres no need to do anything until just before training camp. No one will sign him for a while.

Id rather wait and see what the draft brings, and the rest of FA. If it brings nothing, then maybe this is something to think about.

X-Era
03-13-2007, 04:38 PM

Thoughts?

One more thing on this, theres no need to do anything until just before training camp. No one will sign him for a while.

Id rather wait and see what the draft brings, and the rest of FA. If it brings nothing, then maybe this is something to think about.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-13-2007, 04:51 PM
"Umm, please take me back, Mr. Wilson...I know I messed up by saying all of those bad things about the Bills and going to Houston last year...but I really need a job.... If you give me a three year contract, I promise that I won't say anything bad about JP Losman...if anyone asks me about him, I'll tell them that he is a sure thing to make it to the Hall of Fame.... If you bring me back, I'll even play second-fiddle to Lee Evans...and if the coach takes me out, I promise that I won't make a fuss and will go back into the game when he tells me to.... I won't say anything negative about the Bills to anyone...ever again.... I PROMISE! Just please give me a JOB! PLEASE...I'm beggin' you!!! Mr. Wilson...uummm...Mr.Wilson...Mr. Wilson.... Can you hear me, Mr. Wilson? Are you there????"

Night Train
03-13-2007, 06:22 PM
Time to retire, Moulds.

Bert102176
03-13-2007, 06:45 PM
I would love to have him back

jpdex12
03-13-2007, 06:48 PM

Thoughts?

Moulds is water under the bridge. He shouldn't have left! Let's find our new Emo in the draft!

patmoran2006
03-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Bowe = the new Moulds..

But do we have the luxury of taking a WR in the 1st round since we apparentl have no interest in getting any better via FA?

wozrob11
03-13-2007, 08:06 PM
come on moulds walked out on the bills he got under the skin of our very young j.p and made it tough for him to play he thought he was worth all this cash and the texans cut him nuff said bringing him back would be bad idea right?

Dozerdog
03-13-2007, 08:15 PM
Moulds is better than 2/3rds of our WRs. If he wanted 1.5- 2 million I'd sign him.

I just love most of the "Moulds hates Buffalo/JP/ Houston/Carr" bull****. You have media looking for anything to print, over hyper reactionary fans on message boards jumping on every quote (in or out of text), and really bored radio talk show hosts fuelling fire just to get through boring news days.

He's a WR with a proven track record. He can play in the nasty elements. He has a history of torching the Dolphins.

Bring him in and he can fight for a roster spot in camp. Go for it!!!

Nighthawk
03-13-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm all for bringing him back at the right price. I think he would help the offense immensely.

jamze132
03-14-2007, 03:50 AM
I would welcome Eric back with open arms.

Statman
03-14-2007, 07:50 AM
Then maybe we can sign Andre Reed too.

clumping platelets
03-14-2007, 07:54 AM

Thoughts?

3yrs at the minimum

Statman
03-14-2007, 08:08 AM
Time to retire, Moulds.
Yup!

.He'll be 34 when he suits up this fall for whomever he plays with. Just as he didn't recognize that the was no longer a #1 WR when he left here, now he must realize that he's a role-playing 3/4 WR, nothing more at 34. He should be happy to be making hundreds of thousands playing football while others make a fraction of that doing much harder and less fun jobs.

Moulds no longer has no assets worth anything or that don't fall into the dime-a-dozen category.

Does anyone really trust him to do only what he''s told to do? For what he offers he wouldn't be the worth the risk of creating problems. This team has enough of those. He's had his day and run with the Bills, it was fun, but now it's over. He should go to NE. They could use him in a similar role and BB won't put up with his BS.

justasportsfan
03-14-2007, 08:11 AM
for the right price I'd bring him in and get rid of Andre Davis or Aiken.

Statman
03-14-2007, 08:15 AM
And you think that the difference would be...?

justasportsfan
03-14-2007, 08:22 AM
And you think that the difference would be...?He's better than any no. 2 we have on this roster. If we end up drafting a wr , then we can forget about Moulds.

Jan Reimers
03-14-2007, 08:31 AM
Yup!

.He'll be 34 when he suits up this fall for whomever he plays with. Just as he didn't recognize that the was no longer a #1 WR when he left here, now he must realize that he's a role-playing 3/4 WR, nothing more at 34. He should be happy to be making hundreds of thousands playing football while others make a fraction of that doing much harder and less fun jobs.

Moulds no longer has no assets worth anything or that don't fall into the dime-a-dozen category.

Does anyone really trust him to do only what he''s told to do? For what he offers he wouldn't be the worth the risk of creating problems. This team has enough of those. He's had his day and run with the Bills, it was fun, but now it's over. He should go to NE. They could use him in a similar role and BB won't put up with his BS.
For once, I think I agree with you. I might bring him in at the veteran minimum, with the understanding that he accept his role, keep his mouth shut, and give it his best. And be prepared to cut him at the first sign that he doesn't understand those conditions.

ublinkwescore
03-14-2007, 08:46 AM

that's what I've been saying about Sab and Tdumbass for the last 4 months...

either they're not right in their heads, or they're just trying to piss people off - either way, they should be banned - if this were my site, they would have been banned temporarily, and then if they pulled an Ice, and kept up, they would have been banned permanently.

Statman
03-14-2007, 08:47 AM
He's better than any no. 2 we have on this roster. If we end up drafting a wr , then we can forget about Moulds.
I'd say he was better than any #2 we have on this team. At 34 he's pretty much finished as anything besides a role player or 3rd down. He's been a #2 for three or four seasons. Just b/c we didn't figure that out before it slapped us across the cheeks is to our discredit.

IMO Reed's a better #2. Either way, I promise that Moulds isn't the WR he was when he left here and at his age, a season or two makes an enormous difference. The dropoff in performance can be precipitous from one year to another at his age. It's not worth the gamble and roster spot.

Besides, it's not like his signing/playing would be "the difference" here, and since this clearly isn't our year, why bother. He ain't gettin' any younger. Unlike the rest of us. :D

Statman
03-14-2007, 08:48 AM
For once, I think I agree with you. I might bring him in at the veteran minimum, with the understanding that he accept his role, keep his mouth shut, and give it his best. And be prepared to cut him at the first sign that he doesn't understand those conditions.
Yeah, that's reasonable, but I'm not sure that even that is worth one potential blow up during the season.

Again, what's he gonna add to justify the potential for a lockerroom disruption, even if just once. We have enough issues to work through.

justasportsfan
03-14-2007, 08:50 AM
I'd say he was better than any #2 we have on this team. At 34 he's pretty much finished as anything besides a role player or 3rd down. He's been a #2 for three or four seasons. Just b/c we didn't figure that out before it slapped us across the cheeks is to our discredit.

IMO Reed's a better #2. Either way, I promise that Moulds isn't the WR he was when he left here and at his age, a season or two makes an enormous difference. The dropoff in performance can be precipitous from one year to another at his age. It's not worth the gamble and roster spot.

Besides, it's not like his signing/playing would be "the difference" here, and since this clearly isn't our year, why bother. He ain't gettin' any younger. Unlike the rest of us. :D
he's better than Davis and Aiken. Nuff said.

For a second I thought you'd like a player who complains and moans about everything ......like you. :D

RockStar36
03-14-2007, 08:57 AM
:rofl:

He burned so many bridges when he left Buffalo.

He would have a lot of apologizing to do.

I love how a year later everyone forgets about this because he is so much better than our current #2.

justasportsfan
03-14-2007, 08:58 AM
Yeah, that's reasonable, but I'm not sure that even that is worth one potential blow up during the season.

Again, what's he gonna add to justify the potential for a lockerroom disruption, even if just once. We have enough issues to work through.

Ya'll are hypocrites. Ya'll hated TD and that's all Moulds did, b!tch and complain about TD's moves and Boolarkey's decisions. I have yet to see anyone come up with evidence that Moulds got personal with JP.

If I was in Moulds place, Id complain about TD's/Malarkeys decisions who put us in a position to lose with a young qb who wasn't ready to even sniff the field. Again, it's nothing personal against JP but I just want to be given the best chance to win.

Anyone who thinks otherwise must think that Bellichick was wrong in going with Brady over Bledsoe. By putting Brady in, he gave the team a better chance to win. Are you a Bledsoe fan ,statman ? :D.

Ya'll would've felt the same if you were in Moulds ' shoes.

superbills
03-14-2007, 12:41 PM
Not that it hasen't been said already, but he's far better than the other options we have behind Evans now. JP should have more time behind the re-vamped O-line and that should make up for Moulds possibly losing a step or two. He still has the size and veteran savvy to get himself open. Let's not forget he was in an impossible situation in Houston. If you thought our offense looked putrid, then you haven't watched the Texans very much.

HAMMER
03-14-2007, 03:20 PM
Moulds is too old, after 32 or so, year to year drop off at speed positions like WR is very pronounced. He would be a shell of the player that left Buffalo. I don't think there is a snowballs chance in hell Moulds ever wears a Bills uniform again. That would be regression and Marv is molding a team for the future.

Mr. Pink
03-14-2007, 03:54 PM
Ya'll are hypocrites. Ya'll hated TD and that's all Moulds did, b!tch and complain about TD's moves and Boolarkey's decisions. I have yet to see anyone come up with evidence that Moulds got personal with JP.

If I was in Moulds place, Id complain about TD's/Malarkeys decisions who put us in a position to lose with a young qb who wasn't ready to even sniff the field. Again, it's nothing personal against JP but I just want to be given the best chance to win.

Anyone who thinks otherwise must think that Bellichick was wrong in going with Brady over Bledsoe. By putting Brady in, he gave the team a better chance to win. Are you a Bledsoe fan ,statman ? :D.

Ya'll would've felt the same if you were in Moulds ' shoes.

Lets get a few things straight here....

I didn't hate TDs football moves outside of McGahee...He brought talent in and gave us optimism year after year that we'd do well and compete. And he didn't neglect the o-line like many of you want to believe. The guys he brought in didn't pan out...outside of Peters. What lineman didn't Marv bring in, in year 1 that did work out, none. Tutan Reyes was more of a collosal failure than anyone TD brought in.

And you all like TDs remaining players on this roster. You can't let go of an aging OLB with a bad wheel. You love our undersized punt returner and can't part with him, when you can draft a return specialist in like round 5. The nucleus of this team is still TDs handiwork.

I don't hate TD for giving me and many of us that optimism year in and year out. He was an excellent salesman and got all of us to buy into the fact that the Bills were good.

Those are two positives TD has over Marv.

TD didn't endear himself to the community once people became critical of him. He became the boiling teapot that blew up. He couldn't hire coaches worth a damn. With better coaching 2 of the 5 TD years easily would have been playoff teams. He didn't get great mileage out of his late round draft picks, but did hit on several early guys. Schoebel, JP, Willis to an extent, Lee, Reed-seeing tons of people like this scrub, Crowell, McGee. All of these represent our core players...throw in Moorman and Peters and that's basically all of our most talented players at this time.

Meanwhile, Marv is a GOD round these parts. He can do no wrong. And nothing he has done is his fault, it's all TDs fault from previous years and we have to purge all of that before we can truly judge Marv and his abilities. Except as you saw above our core is and has to remain the same for the next 3 years if we want to be a "good" team in the NFL.

So take off your rose-petal glasses and get over the fact that Marv didn't inherit a mess that he has to fix. Marv inherited a very good core of young players and some decent veterans.

patmoran2006
03-14-2007, 04:19 PM
damnnnn..
how that feel?
http://knocked-out.freeonlinegames.com/images/8484.jpg

patmoran2006
03-14-2007, 04:25 PM
Lets get a few things straight here....

I didn't hate TDs football moves outside of McGahee...He brought talent in and gave us optimism year after year that we'd do well and compete. And he didn't neglect the o-line like many of you want to believe. The guys he brought in didn't pan out...outside of Peters. What lineman didn't Marv bring in, in year 1 that did work out, none. Tutan Reyes was more of a collosal failure than anyone TD brought in.

And you all like TDs remaining players on this roster. You can't let go of an aging OLB with a bad wheel. You love our undersized punt returner and can't part with him, when you can draft a return specialist in like round 5. The nucleus of this team is still TDs handiwork.

I don't hate TD for giving me and many of us that optimism year in and year out. He was an excellent salesman and got all of us to buy into the fact that the Bills were good.

Those are two positives TD has over Marv.

TD didn't endear himself to the community once people became critical of him. He became the boiling teapot that blew up. He couldn't hire coaches worth a damn. With better coaching 2 of the 5 TD years easily would have been playoff teams. He didn't get great mileage out of his late round draft picks, but did hit on several early guys. Schoebel, JP, Willis to an extent, Lee, Reed-seeing tons of people like this scrub, Crowell, McGee. All of these represent our core players...throw in Moorman and Peters and that's basically all of our most talented players at this time.

Meanwhile, Marv is a GOD round these parts. He can do no wrong. And nothing he has done is his fault, it's all TDs fault from previous years and we have to purge all of that before we can truly judge Marv and his abilities. Except as you saw above our core is and has to remain the same for the next 3 years if we want to be a "good" team in the NFL.

So take off your rose-petal glasses and get over the fact that Marv didn't inherit a mess that he has to fix. Marv inherited a very good core of young players and some decent veterans.

Well said.. However.

One thing you need to learn, that I have been exremely unsuccessful at, is that it doesnt matter what you say on here for the most part.

Whether you make sense or not, whether you are right or wrong, a good amount of people on here will only read what they want to read, and see what they need to see, and think what they wantto think.

If they like you.. YOu will be all "green" inside (rep).. If they dont, it doesnt matter how much sense you make logically.

People bash Donahoe to the end of this earth, but he brought in a ton of talent.. His downfall was ego and he had to have head coaches that he could control like little puppets.. our poor coaching is the reason we couldnt make the playoffs not the personnel thats for sure. Most, if not all of our quality players on this team today have TD's fingerprints on them- and before aging guys like Vincent, Fletcher, Adams, Milloy, etc were cut or signed elsewhere, our defense was among the best in the entire NFL.

Now I am well aware that few will listen to me, because I ***** and moan about the same things over and over.. Fine, maybe I DESERVE it.

But your post, although accurate will get dissed the same exact way, because you dont conform to what too many of the people on here want to hear.

So whether its an annoying ***** like me, or someone dropping knowledge like you, it doesnt matter. It'll get dissed all the same.