• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

My draft wishes just RADICALLY changed

AFter carefully analyzing the Buffalo Bills, this team, their direction and their situation while in the comfort of my private office (the ****ter)
    I have now changed my mind radically about what we should do with our draft.

let's not kid ourselves. THis is a wack ass defense that we have right now. It was below average to begin with, and pretty much figures to be worth with Fletcher gone and Thomas/Youboty taking over for Clements. The rest of it is the same.

No first round rookie is going to make this defense become good in one season.

However, the offense is a different story.

* If we have already improved in one spot, its the left side of the line. If Walker isnt the fat useless slob I think he may be, then the entire OL should look good.

* Jp Losman, at least in my opinion, was the most improved player in the ENTIRE NFL over the second half of last year.

* Lee Evans aint nothing to mess with. calling him a top 5 WR in the NFL is not a stretch by any means.

That being said. this unit is close to be very dangerous.

I now REALLY hope that we draft Marshawn Lynch with the 12th pick in the draft... Not only that, I hope we use our second round pick on the best WR left in the draft, or TE Greg Olsen should he slip a bit (and I think he may).. REgardless, point is we now have the QB and we have the OL.. We have ONE weapon with Evans.. lets get more weapons.

F it. If our defense is going to be wack anyway, we can outscore a ton of teams. Lynch and another LEGIT threat (Clowns like Reed and Price are not) and this offense could quickly become very Indy Colts'ish.

Im not joking either. Someone wake Marv up from his nap and pass him this note please.

IN all seriousness. the defense will be average no matter what we do on draft day, but we could quickly have one of the most dangerous offenses in football. thoughts?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: My draft wishes just RADICALLY changed

So this likely isnt gonna happen of course but it hasnt been talked about to much. What would you think about this? The 12th pick in round one is valued at 1200, it seems reasonable to assume the Bills could trade down around 20-25 and pickup an extra 2nd or 3rd pick. Ideally for this scenario im looking at trading to around
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

but then i got high.. but then i got high.. but then i got high.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

If you want to improve the offense, how about someone for the other guard spot? Grubbs or Blalock?
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          or TE Greg Olsen should he slip a bit (and I think he may).
          I'm very leary of another blue chipper from Tha U.

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Originally posted by Philagape
            If you want to improve the offense, how about someone for the other guard spot? Grubbs or Blalock?
            I think you're better off taking O-linemen later in the draft. It's how New England has done it, anyway.

Comment

• Ed
              Dude
              • Sep 2002

I don't think a 2nd round WR/TE is going to be able to come in as a rookie and contribute that much. At least not more then Price, Reed, and Roscoe.

I don't have a problem going RB though, assuming we don't add anymore FA's.

I also don't think you can just assume are defense is going to be wack. We had too many rookies and lack of experience last year to not be able to improve in certain areas or as a unit. I'll say our D is somewhat of an unknown right now, but we'll just have to see. Losing Clements and Fletch hurt, but you really need to take into consideration that our coaching staff and scheme were both new, and we had to play a lot of young guys. That really was a significant factor in how our D played last year.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

I dont think Lynch at 12 is a good pick, Ive been looking at his numbers and in the big games he played in (Tennessee, Stanford, Oregon, USC, and UCLA) he never got over 100 yards. Now v. Tennessee he only had 12 carries bc they got down so much, but he seems to not be able to showcase his skills as much as he does v. lesser opponents. Im not overly impressed with any of the high end RB's. Id rather draft LB, DL, DB in the first two-three rounds.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

There is some truth to this thread.

With more playmakers on offense, we might be able to score 27 points a game. And win a heck of a lot more football games. The defense as a whole is definitely downgraded or equal to what it was last year.

With more weapons, we won't see games of only scoring 10, 14, 17 points. We'll see games of scoring 24, 27, 28 points instead.

Which might actually push this team into contention for the division.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Ed
                    I don't think a 2nd round WR/TE is going to be able to come in as a rookie and contribute that much. At least not more then Price, Reed, and Roscoe.

I don't have a problem going RB though, assuming we don't add anymore FA's.

I also don't think you can just assume are defense is going to be wack. We had too many rookies and lack of experience last year to not be able to improve in certain areas or as a unit. I'll say our D is somewhat of an unknown right now, but we'll just have to see. Losing Clements and Fletch hurt, but you really need to take into consideration that our coaching staff and scheme were both new, and we had to play a lot of young guys. That really was a significant factor in how our D played last year.
                    alright then pull the same deal like chicago last year, and get back into the first round and get Sydney Rice.. I'll take him and Lynch and see ya with in round three.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                      • Jul 2005

Interesting proposition. Last season we went all defense, this season we go all offense.

I'm still not sold on Lynch, though I may be being uncharitable based on my limited impressions of his intellectual capacity. And his gold teeth. But I could see him being a Laurence Maroney clone. They seem like similar players. And I guess Chad johnson has been seen with gold teeth, so I suppose a shiny grill doesn't necessarily limit production.

And there are enough very good WRs that we could probably snag a one in the 2nd round. Meacham?

It's not out of the realm of possibility Pat. If I were running the draft, I'd still probably use #12 on Willis/Okoye, and 2nd rounder on a RB. But if Marv pulls a surprise and gets some major offensive talent in here, I can't say I'm going to moan about it.
                      Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        I dont think Lynch at 12 is a good pick, Ive been looking at his numbers and in the big games he played in (Tennessee, Stanford, Oregon, USC, and UCLA) he never got over 100 yards. Now v. Tennessee he only had 12 carries bc they got down so much, but he seems to not be able to showcase his skills as much as he does v. lesser opponents. Im not overly impressed with any of the high end RB's. Id rather draft LB, DL, DB in the first two-three rounds.
                        then find two offensive weapons who can immediately make the unit better.
                        trade down a few spots and take Bowe at WR.. use the 2nd rounder on Bush.

MY point is our defense is soft and more than 1 year away from being good.. the offense if addressed with two difference makers with the first two picks is another story

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
                          Interesting proposition. Last season we went all defense, this season we go all offense.

I'm still not sold on Lynch, though I may be being uncharitable based on my limited impressions of his intellectual capacity. And his gold teeth. But I could see him being a Laurence Maroney clone. They seem like similar players. And I guess Chad johnson has been seen with gold teeth, so I suppose a shiny grill doesn't necessarily limit production.

And there are enough very good WRs that we could probably snag a one in the 2nd round. Meacham?

It's not out of the realm of possibility Pat. If I were running the draft, I'd still probably use #12 on Willis/Okoye, and 2nd rounder on a RB. But if Marv pulls a surprise and gets some major offensive talent in here, I can't say I'm going to moan about it.

I also question the pick of Lynch but its not his grill, its his failure to show up in big games, that has me wondering if he's worth it.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

I love Bowe, this dude is going to be very good.. he really is like another eric moulds and i've been told by a few he's the best blocking WR to come out in since Heinze Ward

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                              then find two offensive weapons who can immediately make the unit better.
                              trade down a few spots and take Bowe at WR.. use the 2nd rounder on Bush.

MY point is our defense is soft and more than 1 year away from being good.. the offense if addressed with two difference makers with the first two picks is another story
                              I dont think our offense is as close as you do. I also think we dont need to spend high picks to have difference makers on offense this season. Look at last year two prime examples were Marques Colston at WR and Jerious Norwood at RB. Neither was 1st or 2nd round pick yet both had as much if not more impact on their offenses than any other rookie offensive player last season. This draft is top heavy in good defensive players and deep with offensive guys. Wait on the O, and lets finish the D up first.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X