PDA

View Full Version : Pat Moran -- This Thread Is For You!

Mudflap1
03-13-2007, 02:32 PM
Pat,

You've gotten the rap on here for being a total whiner. You've been hypercritical of the Bills. You have given some credit for signings such as Dockery. To consolidate all of the arguments into one thread, succinctly stated -- what would you do if you were the GM of the team to make the Bills better? Here are your scenarios:

1. It is March 13th, and you have about $15MM in cap space to work with (is that correct?). I'll even throw you a bone and say you don't have to use cash-to-cap. Let's hear how you would creatively structure deals to bring in free agents that would upgrade this team. Who and how...

2. The draft -- you have complete control. Who is being drafted, when, what are their contracts going to be like, and are you going to make any trades?

3. June 1st cuts, maybe post-draft free agents. Any trades?

4. Training camp cuts and final roster for opening day.

5. Any final thoughts (while too far ahead to be definitive) about general plans for the next offseason and beyond.

Indulge us. Get creative. Be detailed. Oh, and let us critique your job performance ;).

Jon

patmoran2006
03-13-2007, 02:36 PM
give me a half hour to pretend im working at my office and type something up.

Mudflap1
03-13-2007, 02:37 PM
give me a half hour to pretend im working at my office and type something up.

Let's do it...

Jon

casdhf
03-13-2007, 02:40 PM
This seems like fuel to the whining fire

Tatonka
this should be a good thread..

for me to poop on.

OpIv37
to be fair, no GM has complete control over the draft because there are 31 other teams in the NFL and you never know how their plans are going to affect ours.

Mudflap1
03-13-2007, 02:41 PM
to be fair, no GM has complete control over the draft because there are 31 other teams in the NFL and you never know how their plans are going to affect ours.

True, but the point is instead of whining, let's see what ideas there are that would be significantly better than where the Bills are heading now.

Jon

Mr. Miyagi
03-13-2007, 02:43 PM
This is going to be entertaining.

B-DON
03-13-2007, 02:45 PM
Very

Mudflap1
03-13-2007, 02:46 PM
The only catch for you Pat is... you grant us the freedom to critique your performance as much as OBD is being critiqued right now...

Jon

Mr. Miyagi
03-13-2007, 02:50 PM
The only catch for you Pat is... you grant us the freedom to critique your performance as much as OBD is being critiqued right now...

Jon
:club: I'm ready.

DraftBoy
03-13-2007, 02:51 PM

Jon

I think you may be pleasently surprised by his plan, PM isnt stupid which I think is what some of you are looking for out of this thread. Give any knowledgable fan time and they are going to make a hell of an offseason plan, you may disagree on the players but its not going to be crazy.

But I plan to critique too....:respect:

Carlton Bailey
03-13-2007, 02:53 PM
Moran's got good football knowledge, for sure. He's just too negative.

jamesiscool
03-13-2007, 03:06 PM
tick tock tick tock.......

Tatonka
03-13-2007, 03:09 PM
mark weiler had good football knowledge too, i guess, but he was constantly negative.

Devin
03-13-2007, 03:10 PM
I think you may be pleasently surprised by his plan, PM isnt stupid which I think is what some of you are looking for out of this thread. Give any knowledgable fan time and they are going to make a hell of an offseason plan, you may disagree on the players but its not going to be crazy.

PM is solid on the football knowledge.....not necessairly the draft but in general. His problem is hes one of the many "instant gratification" Bills fans.

No move is good enough, I want more.....etc.

Hes basically Ice without the hostility/ignorance.

Devin
03-13-2007, 03:11 PM
mark weiler had good football knowledge too, i guess, but he was constantly negative.

Yeah Wys is a great writer and very knowledgeable but I simply couldnt deal with the constant negativity. Sometimes I was convinced he was a fin fan.

DraftBoy
03-13-2007, 03:11 PM

Wys has great football knowledge and if he came back he's by far one of the smartest posters here, but he's overly anal about stats.

DraftBoy
03-13-2007, 03:12 PM
PM is solid on the football knowledge.....not necessairly the draft but in general. His problem is hes one of the many "instant gratification" Bills fans.

No move is good enough, I want more.....etc.

Hes basically Ice without the hostility/ignorance.

I agree with the top lines, but that last line is like the ultimate insult.

Devin
03-13-2007, 03:13 PM
I agree with the top lines, but that last line is like the ultimate insult.

:snicker:

Earthquake Enyart
03-13-2007, 03:14 PM
Wys was a total douche!

He didn't know squat about anything.

Writes on the internet. BFD. Any clown can put anything on the web nowadays.

Devin
03-13-2007, 03:15 PM
Wys was a total douche!

Well the last part is true. They even let me write here a few times :ill:

patmoran2006
03-13-2007, 03:15 PM
well, since I just became the GM today, I cant undo some moves that have already been made. I would've never resigned Chris Kelsay, I would've targeted DeWayne White and I wouldn't have signed Langston Walker, instead I would've given Travis Henry an even better deal than he got from Denver (and he'll run for 1400 yds this year trust me)

But.. In the spirit of your thread, I just took over today and I inherit what's already here.

* Free Agents- I just want three.
1. Cato June- Tailor-made for the cover two defense, you move Crowell to the middle and you don't lose a thing in either spot. I keep Spikes at the other spot, With Ellison backing up both OLB positions.

2. Ian Scott- I want an immediate prescence in my DT rotation, not a rookie. He's not a great player, but he's a hell of a lot better than Tim Anderson in my rotation. Unlike every other player on this roster, he knows what its like to play in a pressure game (Super Bowl)

3. Fullback- I dont even care who, someone who can block and doesnt have rock hands like Shelton did.

Summary: That's three players, and only June would cost significant cashola.. We havent exceeded our "cap to cash" philosophy before I took over, so even after June and the other two, we wouldn't be over by much at all. Plus, I"d convince my old senile owner that last year's sudden **** drop in attendance was no coincidence, so don't cheat the fans out of a shot at winning.

Draft: (and my rule is I get to do EXACTLY what Marv did last year. Im trading my second round pick and my first third to move back into the late first round- fair is fair plus it benefits my team)

Round 1 (12)- I have nothing against Anthony Thomas. He's a good guy, he's a good change of pace and he's reliable when needed. He may also be my short back. But on this team I want a difference maker in my backfield. My pick is Marshawn Lynch.. He's an ideal combination of size, speed and athleticism. He can also catch the ball out the backfield. Let's compare him to say Laurence Maroney, I will take that in a minute. He's an instant upgrade IMO over Thomas and even Willis McGahee. He will make teams respect the run, which they will not have to do with ATrain as my starter.

Round 2 (25)- Lee Evans has emerged as one of the top 5 WR in football. He's going to command ridiculous double teams because anybody who sees the film knows that Price and Reed can't get open with any consistency. Plus, I have a solid up-and-coming QB in JP Losman. He needs another weapon. After trading up, I select Sidney Rice, who at 6-4 has excellent size. Safeties will be ****ting themseles figuring out what side of the field to cover deep. It also opens up the running game.

Round 3 B- The best CB on the board. In my mock, Eric Wright and David Irons are both on the board-- I'll go with Irons because Wright has some big character issues. If they were both gone, whomever is the best fit, but definitely a CB.

Round 4-7: Very simple, the BPA with a preference on LB and DBs. this team lacks playmakers, I want more of them.

Summary: My defense isn't going to go from average to elite in one year; there wasn't enough talent to begin with and 2 of my top three defenders are gone. June is a great fit for the cover two, and also makes Crowell more effective in the middle. I hope Spikes is back to form and if not I still have Ellison. I lose some at corner with Nate gone, but it isn't as important as other positions on this defense. Scott adds a 4th man to the rotation much better than Tim Anderson... this by no means is a great defense, but if it bends but doesnt break offense, it will be good enough and give my suddenly explosive offense a shot to win games.

Offensively, I just took my best two players (Losman and Evans) and I supported them with a blue chip RB and WR with my first two picks. It will make the entire unit more dangerous and now teams have to account for more than just Lee Evans, who at this time is our ONLY legimitate weapon.. I still have vets like A-Train and Josh Reed to help the young kids.

MY 2007 Motto would become "Defense may win championships, but this offense will get me in the playoffs".

Some other quick cliff-notes:
notice all of my offensive star players; none of them have a contract expiring after 2007, giving us time for continuity.

We cant match up with NE defensively, so Im going to flat out, out-gun them.

My defense is still young: Whitner, McCargo, Youboty, Simpson and Kyle Williams will all go. Cato June, besides being the obvious great fit, brings along with him the attitude of having just won a Super Bowl, sure to not be lost on my young kids. Scott just made it to the Super Bowl himself. BTW, the Bills have no players on this team who have smelled a Super Bowl.

THe kids from 2006 should be better in '07 defensively, and even if they're not, my offense can score from anywhere at anytime now.

DraftBoy
03-13-2007, 03:17 PM
Wys was a total douche!

Typical response... :sad:

Earthquake Enyart
03-13-2007, 03:17 PM
So after next year, our defense still blows (even gets worse than 2006), and we have to re-up JP and Evans.

Glad you're not the GM.

BILLSROCK1212
03-13-2007, 03:18 PM
well, since I just became the GM today, I cant undo some moves that have already been made. I would've never resigned Chris Kelsay, I would've targeted DeWayne White and I wouldn't have signed Langston Walker, instead I would've given Travis Henry an even better deal than he got from Denver (and he'll run for 1400 yds this year trust me)

But.. In the spirit of your thread, I just took over today and I inherit what's already here.

1. Cato June- Tailor-made for the cover two defense, you move Crowell to the middle and you don't lose a thing in either spot. I keep Spikes at the other spot, With Ellison backing up both OLB positions.

2. Ian Scott- I want an immediate prescence in my DT rotation, not a rookie. He's not a great player, but he's a hell of a lot better than Tim Anderson in my rotation. Unlike every other player on this roster, he knows what its like to play in a pressure game (Super Bowl)

3. Fullback- I dont even care who, someone who can block and doesnt have rock hands like Shelton did.

Summary: That's three players, and only June would cost significant cashola.. We havent exceeded our "cap to cash" philosophy before I took over, so even after June and the other two, we wouldn't be over by much at all. Plus, I"d convince my old senile owner that last year's sudden **** drop in attendance was no coincidence, so don't cheat the fans out of a shot at winning.

Draft: (and my rule is I get to do EXACTLY what Marv did last year. Im trading my second round pick and my first third to move back into the late first round- fair is fair plus it benefits my team)

Round 1 (12)- I have nothing against Anthony Thomas. He's a good guy, he's a good change of pace and he's reliable when needed. He may also be my short back. But on this team I want a difference maker in my backfield. My pick is Marshawn Lynch.. He's an ideal combination of size, speed and athleticism. He can also catch the ball out the backfield. Let's compare him to say Laurence Maroney, I will take that in a minute. He's an instant upgrade IMO over Thomas and even Willis McGahee. He will make teams respect the run, which they will not have to do with ATrain as my starter.

Round 2 (25)- Lee Evans has emerged as one of the top 5 WR in football. He's going to command ridiculous double teams because anybody who sees the film knows that Price and Reed can't get open with any consistency. Plus, I have a solid up-and-coming QB in JP Losman. He needs another weapon. After trading up, I select Sidney Rice, who at 6-4 has excellent size. Safeties will be ****ting themseles figuring out what side of the field to cover deep. It also opens up the running game.

Round 3 B- The best CB on the board. In my mock, Eric Wright and David Irons are both on the board-- I'll go with Irons because Wright has some big character issues. If they were both gone, whomever is the best fit, but definitely a CB.

Round 4-7: Very simple, the BPA with a preference on LB and DBs. this team lacks playmakers, I want more of them.

Summary: My defense isn't going to go from average to elite in one year; there wasn't enough talent to begin with and 2 of my top three defenders are gone. June is a great fit for the cover two, and also makes Crowell more effective in the middle. I hope Spikes is back to form and if not I still have Ellison. I lose some at corner with Nate gone, but it isn't as important as other positions on this defense. Scott adds a 4th man to the rotation much better than Tim Anderson... this by no means is a great defense, but if it bends but doesnt break offense, it will be good enough and give my suddenly explosive offense a shot to win games.

Offensively, I just took my best two players (Losman and Evans) and I supported them with a blue chip RB and WR with my first two picks. It will make the entire unit more dangerous and now teams have to account for more than just Lee Evans, who at this time is our ONLY legimitate weapon.. I still have vets like A-Train and Josh Reed to help the young kids.

MY 2007 Motto would become "Defense may win championships, but this offense will get me in the playoffs".

notice all of my offensive star players; none of them have a contract expiring after 2007, giving us time for continuity.

My defense is still young: Whitner, McCargo, Youboty, Simpson and Kyle Williams will all go. Cato June, besides being the obvious great fit, brings along with him the attitude of having just won a Super Bowl, sure to not be lost on my young kids. Scott just made it to the Super Bowl himself. BTW, the Bills have no players on this team who have smelled a Super Bowl.

THe kids from 2006 should be better in '07 defensively, and even if they're not, my offense can score from anywhere at anytime now.other than June i like it for the most part

patmoran2006
03-13-2007, 03:18 PM
Oh and I only have one Post-draft cut: Peerless Price

Mudflap1
03-13-2007, 03:19 PM

For the record... I like Pat. I think he wrote a lot of good stuff last year, but has gotten too impatient/negative this year, and I think he should have the chance to put all of his $.02 together in one cohesive plan for us all to see, and be able to take the criticism that goes along with it.

Now, I just got off a conference call and see he has submitted his plan, I'm going to read it.

Jon

Mudflap1
03-13-2007, 03:24 PM
Not bad... but how are you going to fit two first round picks, Cato June and Ian Scott under the cap this season? Remember, contracts are rising...

I would do something completely different overall, but your way has merit.

Jon

BILLSROCK1212
03-13-2007, 03:24 PM
Oh and I only have one Post-draft cut: Peerless Pricewhat about Eric Powell?

Devin
03-13-2007, 03:30 PM
Now lets analyze shall we?

While an argument can be made for and against June I have to believe there is a reason he has drawn no interest. The Giants showed mild interest then did an about face. Whether it be off the field problems, his asking price, or simply something in his game that all the pro's see ill take thier word for it.

Scott I cant argue with and would depend soley on his price. From what ive seen/read the opinions on him are pretty well split. Some believe he was a product of his environment, others that hes a solid-average-but solid DT.

As far as your opinions on Ralph, whatever is worse then 100% wrong thats the word id use here. Of course to some Ralph could spend 200 mil on players and hed still be a terrible owner. To each thier own.

Lynch is the sexy pick. Everyone wants an immediate fill at RB. They arent content to wait til next year when the real bruisers are available. If you absolutley feel the compulsion to go offense why not WR? Give Evans and Losman the compliment at #2 they so need. With about 4-5 guys that are legit threats why are you skipping over them for a RB we could easily do better then next year? Why are we giving up pics to do that this year when we could either gain picks by trading down OR grabbing a top D player at #12 and Sidney Rice or Bowe or whoever later?

Do us a favor and check out Lynchs stats when he played real opponents. Anyone can hang yardage on Southwest Utah Tech or whatever other scrub teams they played.

Even a combination of Thomas/Bron for one season can do similar numbers to Lynch.

3-7 you didnt really do anything other then take the BPA. Not a bad philosophy at any level of the draft.

THe kids from 2006 should be better in '07 defensively, and even if they're not, my offense can score from anywhere at anytime now.

Agree with most of this. How do you account for the big deals both JP and Lee will command? The lack of focus on D simply doesnt sit well.

Overall id give this a C.

DraftBoy
03-13-2007, 03:35 PM
While an argument can be made for and against June I have to believe there is a reason he has drawn no interest. The Giants showed mild interest then did an about face. Whether it be off the field problems, his asking price, or simply something in his game that all the pro's see ill take thier word for it.

Im really starting to think that June failed his 3rd test and is facing a suspension, and I think it was leaked to teams. Nothing else explains the lack of interest in him.

patmoran2006
03-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Regardless of who you draft, that has nothing to do with the deals Losman and Evans will command in the future.

DraftBoy
03-13-2007, 03:43 PM
Regardless of who you draft, that has nothing to do with the deals Losman and Evans will command in the future.

I think the concern was more or less paying two first round picks, a big name FA, and a 2nd tier FA, and still extending JP and Evans.

patmoran2006
03-13-2007, 03:44 PM
as for the defense and the critiques, it PROVES my point to a F'n TEE.

"In Marv you trust"?
Well marv drafted Whitner, Simpson, Kyle Williams, McCargo and Ellison last year and all ALL of them started or got significant playing time.

This year (2007) They are all a year more experienced and for that alone, this should be a better unit because of that.

Now if they are not, or if you disagree.. Then I guess old Marv was full of **** with his picks and last year was a wasted draft.

In my run as GM- I replaced Fletcher with June, who's better fit for a cover two (and slide Crowell over of course) and I added to my DT rotation by signing Scott and dumping Tim Anderson. That gives me four legit DT to rotate.

As for the rest of the defense; If Marv really did a good job last year then my defense should come together fine. Whitner and Simpson have been back there for a full year now; June, Crowell and Spikes (or Ellison) is formidable. Schobel is a Pro Bowler and Im stuck with Kelsay (Marv signed him). DT-wise, I got four DT and if Marv did his job last year correctly, then McCargo and Williams should both be greatly improved.

I decided I want to build a better offense. BTW, why everybody is overnight down on Lynch is wayyyyy beyond me. maybe he didnt play as good in big games because his team wasnt that good? Brady Quinn sucked in a couple of big games and I bet you he's gone in the top 6.. Leon Hall got smoked in big games and he'll be the first CB taken.

With Losman at QB, Lynch at RB and Evans/Rice as my WR tandem; defensive coordinators are going to be scared to death of my team...

And if my signing of June works out, and Marv's drafting of his 2006 class steps up on defense, then this is a playoff contending team.

patmoran2006
03-13-2007, 03:45 PM
I think the concern was more or less paying two first round picks, a big name FA, and a 2nd tier FA, and still extending JP and Evans.
Signing a late first round pick isn't going to cost much more than having to sign an early second and a early third rounder; which was the trade that was made..

And Buffalo has plenty of cap room to sign two more FA's plus their draft; c'mon man.

Mudflap1
03-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Im really starting to think that June failed his 3rd test and is facing a suspension, and I think it was leaked to teams. Nothing else explains the lack of interest in him.

He failed a previous test? How old is he? He might not be young enough for our guys...

Shouldn't Perry Fewell (and perhaps Jauron and Levy) know Ian Scott well? They sure don't seem to be jumping through hoops for him.

My changes to the plan (if it was up to me):

I'd go DT with the first round pick, Okoye or Branch.
I'd go LB or WR with the second round pick, whichever was BPA available.

With the two thirds, I'd pick a RB and either LB or WR, whichever was BPA at the time.

BPA after that.

I think Cieslak is fine for FB.

I'd pass on Ian Scott. I'd roll with Okoye/Branch, McCargo, Williams, and Tripplett at DT. That's an upgrade over last year, particularly with last year's rookies having one year more seasoning.

I'm interested in Cato June, but if there is some fly in the ointment there, then no. He'd be really my only other free agent signing.

I'd also keep my oar in the water to see if I could trade Spikes and picks next year for Briggs.

Jon

DraftBoy
03-13-2007, 03:49 PM
He failed a previous test? How old is he? He might not be young enough for our guys...

Shouldn't Perry Fewell (and perhaps Jauron and Levy) know Ian Scott well? They sure don't seem to be jumping through hoops for him.

My changes to the plan (if it was up to me):

I'd go DT with the first round pick, Okoye or Branch.
I'd go LB or WR with the second round pick, whichever was BPA available.

With the two thirds, I'd pick a RB and either LB or WR, whichever was BPA at the time.

BPA after that.

I think Cieslak is fine for FB.

I'd pass on Ian Scott. I'd roll with Okoye/Branch, McCargo, Williams, and Tripplett at DT. That's an upgrade over last year, particularly with last year's rookies having one year more seasoning.

I'm interested in Cato June, but if there is some fly in the ointment there, then no. He'd be really my only other free agent signing.

I'd also keep my oar in the water to see if I could trade Spikes and picks next year for Briggs.

Jon

He's failed two previous tests reportedy

DraftBoy
03-13-2007, 03:50 PM
Signing a late first round pick isn't going to cost much more than having to sign an early second and a early third rounder; which was the trade that was made..

And Buffalo has plenty of cap room to sign two more FA's plus their draft; c'mon man.

it wasnt my concern, just illustrating those of others, dont shoot the messenger

patmoran2006
03-13-2007, 03:52 PM
Cato June sucks now??! lol.. I can only shake my head.

If June or Scott havent been brought in, I can GUARENTEE you its because we dont want to pay for them, NOT because they wouldn't be of help to this defense.

Its pretty simple; We have the cash to cap philosophy in effect. .WE went nuts on day one of FA with the OL, and besides resigning a few of our own (Thomas and Thomas) and maybe 1-2 more stiffs we're done with FA, thats the way it is, and thats the way its going to be.

Regardless of June and/or Scott.. My philosophy is Levy went heavy on defense last year and if he was right, then our defense should be A LOT better this year.. If it isnt, well then I guess maybe you shouldnt "trust the marv" so much.

This year, they NEED to go heavy on offense.. Having Evans is no good if he's triple teamed every play, and except for their own families, everybody knows that Price and Reed are doo doo and while they make a play once in a while, they are NOT good WR's in this league........ and same for A-Train, good role player, NOT a feature back.

I mean some of you guys are talking about not taking a RB until 2008.. Are we thinking 2008 in March of 2007?

Mudflap1
03-13-2007, 03:53 PM

This actually is not true... there is a big dropoff from the end of the first round to the second round in terms of salaries, and likewise with the third.

That being said, I think your plan overall has merit. It's definitely a way to go, but the Bills seem to be passing on Scott and June for a reason, and everyone else in the league seems to be passing on them for the same reasons.

I'm not sold on Lynch. I never have been, and I firmly believe you can get good RBs in the second or third round (Emmitt Smith, Thurman Thomas, and Terrell Davis come to mind).

I think you still work on beefing up the lines... there has been work done on the OL, so you still need a DT. Still need a LB. WR would be nice, but call me crazy, I see the receivers being more productive across the board this season with a better offensive line. Better offensive line means better running lanes for the running backs, which means better opportunities for play-action, which means Royal can run more routes, which means another defender is tied up covering someone which opens up the field for other players. But drafting a WR somewhere in Day 1 would be nice...

Jon

Mudflap1
03-13-2007, 03:54 PM
He's failed two previous tests reportedy

Then that's why nobody is knocking down the door to give him a huge contract in this new era of free agency with overinflated deals... can't blame anyone for that...

Jon

patmoran2006
03-13-2007, 03:55 PM
This actually is not true... there is a big dropoff from the end of the first round to the second round in terms of salaries, and likewise with the third.

That being said, I think your plan overall has merit. It's definitely a way to go, but the Bills seem to be passing on Scott and June for a reason, and everyone else in the league seems to be passing on them for the same reasons.

I'm not sold on Lynch. I never have been, and I firmly believe you can get good RBs in the second or third round (Emmitt Smith, Thurman Thomas, and Terrell Davis come to mind).

I think you still work on beefing up the lines... there has been work done on the OL, so you still need a DT. Still need a LB. WR would be nice, but call me crazy, I see the receivers being more productive across the board this season with a better offensive line. Better offensive line means better running lanes for the running backs, which means better opportunities for play-action, which means Royal can run more routes, which means another defender is tied up covering someone which opens up the field for other players. But drafting a WR somewhere in Day 1 would be nice...

Jon
I dont think there is any specific right or wrong way for this team.. Your right to an extent, Im right to an extent, draftboy is right to extent, everybody is to an extent.

What's pretty obvious though is this a football team that needs A LOT, didnt/won't get it through FA and has far too many holes to fill with just one draft; which whether anybody likes it or not, means you can kiss any chance of overtaking NE goodbye for at least another year.

patmoran2006
03-13-2007, 03:57 PM
I think June's problem right now is he's a victim of being a Cover two LB.

There aren't many teams that use the defense:
Indy is really tight with their money right now.
Chicago doesnt need him.
Buffalo has an owner that won't pay him the LB going market rate.

I think thats the reason why he's still out there. Not every good FA gets signed right away.

Mudflap1
03-13-2007, 04:03 PM
Well, let's assume you are right in the fact that only Cover 2 teams want him... so that's Buffalo, Tampa, Chicago, and Indy. If Buffalo has figured out that the other 3 don't want him and they do want him, what is the harm of having him wait in the lurch for his price to fall?

That being said, they haven't brought him in for a visit, and he doesn't seem to be getting much action from anybody else, so that begs the question -- what is wrong with this guy? It can't be ALL the system, can it?

Jon

patmoran2006
03-13-2007, 04:05 PM
I didnt say there was any harm in waitin for his price to fall, obviously the lower the better.

What I know is this guy is a cover two demon who made the Pro Bowl a year ago.. I think I'll take him starting over Keith ****ing Ellison

Mudflap1
03-13-2007, 04:10 PM
So at this point in time... before the draft... you would be happy if Marv and co. went out and got June, a DT like Scott, and some FB?

Why do you think Perry Fewell and co. aren't jumping to get Scott?

Maybe June does have issues... it is possible?

What is your thought on Cieslak at FB? He seemed to come along okay.

Jon

DraftBoy
03-13-2007, 04:11 PM
I think June's problem right now is he's a victim of being a Cover two LB.

There aren't many teams that use the defense:
Indy is really tight with their money right now.
Chicago doesnt need him.
Buffalo has an owner that won't pay him the LB going market rate.

I think thats the reason why he's still out there. Not every good FA gets signed right away.

But Chicago does need him, Briggs says he'll never play another down for Chicago so signing June makes perfect sense.

patmoran2006
03-13-2007, 04:13 PM
So at this point in time... before the draft... you would be happy if Marv and co. went out and got June, a DT like Scott, and some FB?

Why do you think Perry Fewell and co. aren't jumping to get Scott?

Maybe June does have issues... it is possible?

What is your thought on Cieslak at FB? He seemed to come along okay.

Jon
I dont know enough about Cieslak at FB to really have an opinion on him.

and sure it is possible that June is having some issues right now, but I think its a case more of he's a specific player wanting bigger money and he'll be a FA until his asking price comes down.

As for SCott or anyone else good on the market; I think the Bills are done with any significant signing..They blew their load on Walker and Dockery, lets pray they are worth it.. Having A Train carry 20 times a game or Peerless Price starting again at WR does nothing to excite me.. nothing

Mudflap1
03-13-2007, 04:18 PM
But Chicago does need him, Briggs says he'll never play another down for Chicago so signing June makes perfect sense.

Not if Buffalo trades Spikes + picks for next year for Briggs!!!

Maybe Spikes + bag of potato chips + DiGiorgio for Briggs?

Jon

DraftBoy
03-13-2007, 04:20 PM
Not if Buffalo trades Spikes + picks for next year for Briggs!!!

Maybe Spikes + bag of potato chips + DiGiorgio for Briggs?

Jon

No way in hell, we get to keep all of our picks and get Briggs, wont happen

Mudflap1
03-13-2007, 04:22 PM
2nd this year and Spikes for Briggs... maybe two bags of potato chips?

Jon

patmoran2006
03-13-2007, 04:24 PM
It would take a MINIMUM of a 1st and a 3rd to land Briggs, IMO

casdhf
03-13-2007, 04:24 PM
Madden won't even let me fit June and Scott under the cap. Keep up the blogs though.

Mudflap1
03-13-2007, 04:26 PM
It would take a MINIMUM of a 1st and a 3rd to land Briggs, IMO

With Spikes? I doubt it. Spikes and a third this year and a third next year would probably do it... with a bag of potato chips. Spikes and our first next year would do it for sure.

Jon

patmoran2006
03-13-2007, 04:31 PM
Actually, if we're being honest.

Id trade my entire draft to move up to #4 and draft Calvin Johnson.. He and Evans would be absolutely unstoppable, and with an OL Losman would have time to throw.

Id go to the podium, announce the pick myself, and say see you at the draft next year.

Mudflap1
03-13-2007, 04:35 PM
Actually, if we're being honest.

Id trade my entire draft to move up to #4 and draft Calvin Johnson.. He and Evans would be absolutely unstoppable, and with an OL Losman would have time to throw.

Id go to the podium, announce the pick myself, and say see you at the draft next year.

Well, at least you're being honest.

I wouldn't do that though. I still think the O can be good this year without picking a WR high. And even if we did that, they still take time to develop, like Evans.

For RB, here's a wild thought (won't happen): but with Fairchild's connections, let's get Marshall Faulk's butt out of retirement for a year or two to be our third down/scat back guy. He wants to play still. Draft a RB like Booker or something to learn under his wing.

Jon

patmoran2006
03-13-2007, 04:50 PM
Im working on a thread on if i was GM from day one (this year)

Cause I woulda done much differently, and before the smart-ass comments abound; I never said I was smarter than the Ted Bruschi of this board; Marv Levy

Mudflap1
03-13-2007, 04:54 PM
I never said I was smarter than the Ted Bruschi of this board; Marv Levy

nice

Talk0fNewYork
03-13-2007, 09:40 PM
the Bills have no players on this team who have smelled a Super Bowl.
The beast Whittle.

The Spaz
03-13-2007, 09:46 PM
Yeah Wys is a great writer and very knowledgeable but I simply couldnt deal with the constant negativity. Sometimes I was convinced he was a fin fan.

Great writer?:confused:

jpdex12
03-13-2007, 09:49 PM
Im working on a thread on if i was GM from day one (this year)

Cause I woulda done much differently, and before the smart-ass comments abound; I never said I was smarter than the Ted Bruschi of this board; Marv Levy

Jees PatM, I bet you have more neg rep than Marv would have if he was a Zoner! Why are you still in the red? Must be the far fetched pipe dreams you write about?? I don't know.

alohabillsfan
06-18-2007, 11:20 AM

]Round 2 (25)- Lee Evans has emerged as one of the top 5 WR in football. He's going to command ridiculous double teams because anybody who sees the film knows that Price and Reed can't get open with any consistency. Plus, I have a solid up-and-coming QB in JP Losman. He needs another weapon. After trading up, I select Sidney Rice, who at 6-4 has excellent size. Safeties will be ****ting themseles figuring out what side of the field to cover deep. It also opens up the running game.[/B]

Holy Crap you gave away 2 picks to move back into the first round to get a guy that was drafted after our slot in the 2nd? Now, you have top pay 2 first rounders? No more bashing Marv on his trades!

justasportsfan
06-18-2007, 11:25 AM
Holy Crap you gave away 2 picks to move back into the first round to get a guy that was drafted after our slot in the 2nd? Now, you have top pay 2 first rounders? No more bashing Marv on his trades!

:bandwagon

patmoran2006
06-18-2007, 11:27 AM
Are you bored or something?

1- Why would you cite a post where I correctly PREDICTED our first round draft pick? What is wrong with you? seriously...

2- Why dont you go back to the 2006 mock drafts on here. There are people on here who correctly predicted we'd take Whitner.. THe only problem is that it was predicted in the THIRD ROUND..

As for draft position. How many players went before DeMarco Ryan, last year's Defensive ROY? Better yet, how many offensive players went before Marques Colston?

New Orleans gave up an entire draft for Ricky Williams... What's your point.

How about you wait to see how Sidney Rice does as a pro before making an absolutely ******ed, pointless comment.

alohabillsfan
06-18-2007, 11:27 AM
Now, Now, I am just bored at work and having some fun, let's not get to crazy, this time of year just sucks for football.