PDA

View Full Version : A Question for FunTimesYay

patmoran2006
03-13-2007, 04:29 PM
Fun:
In your expert opinion as a Cleveland Browns guy.

If the Detroit Lions were to surprise people (as I predict) and end up drafting Brady Quinn, that would slide Joe Thomas out of the #2 spot.

Do you think Cleveland would then take Thomas with the third pick, or would they still draft Peterson and leave THomas on the board?

What's Cleveland's OT situation looking like?

Tatonka
03-13-2007, 04:50 PM
cleveland just cut their starter at T.. the guy that was out of football the year before.. his name escapes me.

Mudflap1
03-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Ross Verba?

Jon

BILLSROCK1212
03-13-2007, 04:54 PM
Ross Verba?

Jon
Verba was on the Lions last year

Mr. Pink
03-13-2007, 06:02 PM
No the Browns did not cut either tackle on their roster.

Ryan Tucker was out most of last season with mental problems...seemingly according to him he's on the right medications and is optimistic about his return to being an average to good LT. Kevin Schaeffer just signed last season to tbe the teams RT.

So it looks to me the Brownies are set at both tackle positions. From everything I've read, the only guys who have drawn extreme interest from the Browns are Quinn-apparently they liked his workout even though he didn't run due to some "injury" AP-The moves of Jamal and Droughns to me make him the no-brainer choice or a chess manuever to make some ridiculous trade, like trading down one spot last year with Baltimore to get an extra pick and JMarc-whom Browns owner Randy Lerner allegedly is enamored with.

I've seen zero commentary on Joe Thomas being even thought of as a possibility. Again, could be smokescreen or Phil Savage pretty much knows that he's gonna be gone at number 2 to the Lions OR the fact that none of the last few offensive lineman drafted early have panned out and done much of anything...see Mike Williams and Robert Gallery and Bryant McKinnie to an extent.

In my opinion if JT and AP are available with everything else involved, Savages' draft card to the commish has APs name on it.

DraftBoy
03-13-2007, 06:30 PM
I cant see the Browns not take AP, which means JT may slide to 4 and I dont see Tampa passing on him, and Washington gets a gift at 5

acehole
03-13-2007, 06:36 PM
I cant see the Browns not take AP, which means JT may slide to 4 and I dont see Tampa passing on him, and Washington gets a gift at 5

I see dead people.

Goobylal
03-13-2007, 07:04 PM
Cleveland HAS to take Quinn if they get the chance. Frye isn't the answer at QB and who better than a local boy? Taking AP would be stupid, given their need at QB and then OL. Counting on Tucker to overcome his mental problems is, for lack of a better term, crazy. Not to mention he'll be 32 in June.

Mr. Pink
03-13-2007, 07:19 PM
They don't have a "need" on the o-line...when compared to other areas of the team.

They have a distinct need at Corner with Baxter being unknown right now and Daylon being cut. Daven Holly paired with Leigh Bodden as the opening day starters frightens me. No Corner is worthy of the 3rd selection.

They have a huge need on the DL especially at End....Roye and McKinley just don't cut it. But there is no end worth taking at 3rd overall.

And QB, well I can go with the same philosophy most of you used with JP, he needs time to develop. This is only his 3rd year in the league and he only has about 15 starts under his belt.

They're set at TE, WR, FB, LB, S and OL. QB is unknown right now. Jamal Lewis is a one year stop-gap. DL is absolutely terrible and old.

So when you draft third you take a difference maker and playmaker...AP is the difference maker and playmaker.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-14-2007, 04:59 AM
What about them trading down? Do you think they would consider it? And, if so, how far down do you think they would be willing to go?

If Thomas, Calvin Johnson and AP are still there and they want AP, there is a pretty good chance that there would be some teams very interested in trading up into that spot. I could see them getting some offers from other teams to trade down at that point. What do you think they would do?