PDA

View Full Version : WTF is wrong with the Sabres

chernobylwraiths
03-13-2007, 08:54 PM
I don't see ANYBODY strong on the puck. The defense, ALL the defense runs around chasing in their own zone, they ALWAYS get beat to the puck and they constantly get the puck taken away from them. And that is when they aren't giving the puck away. The offense tries to pass through 3 players all the time and they can't get the puck in deep, as well as they are weak on the puck as well. Their power play has looked awful for most of the season and their penalty kill has been worse.

All of this doesn't worry me as much as something I have seen a LOT of the past few games. Teams are just running the hell out of our guys. I understand finishing checks, but watch the defensemen get rid of the puck and a guy will come flying in a second or two later and try to put them through the boards. You don't see much of any hitting by the Sabres. I actually see Vanek throw more body checks around than most players. They WON'T win in the playoffs if they don't learn to throw their weight around.

Oh, now a second power play goal against. ***** great. In our first power play, they had better scoring chances than we had.

Nighthawk
03-13-2007, 09:27 PM
This team is soft and Darcy didn't address it. He did, however, make them softer by adding Zubrus. Nice move.

BlackMetalNinja
03-13-2007, 09:28 PM
This team is soft and Darcy didn't address it. He did, however, make them softer by adding Zubrus. Nice move.

I knew damn well after yelling for weeks to make trades, you'd find a way to rip apart whatever moves were made...

We could have left well enough alone.

camelcowboy
03-13-2007, 09:29 PM
Penguins just looked so much faster then us tonite.

Nighthawk
03-13-2007, 09:31 PM
I knew damn well after yelling for weeks to make trades, you'd find a way to rip apart whatever moves were made...

We could have left well enough alone.

No, they were right to make trades, but Darcy didn't make the right ones...the ones I was calling for...go back and read my posts! I wanted more grit and leadership with some Stanley Cup experience. Zubrus brings none of that. I wanted to upgrade the defense because it is horrible and nothing was done. I don't sway on what I've said, you just need to go read my posts. Do your homework.

camelcowboy
03-13-2007, 09:33 PM
They struggled in march last year as well. Im not worried its a good gut check for this team.

camelcowboy
03-13-2007, 09:34 PM
They struggled in march last year as well. Im not worried its a good gut check for this team.

Nighthawk
03-13-2007, 09:37 PM

If this was the only down point or bad stretch, then I would agree with you. However, before that stretch of 10 games, this team was a .500 team for 2 months! Maybe that 10 game stretch was an illusion because this team sure does look like the same team that was playing in the middle of that 2 month stretch when they were terrible. I'm concerned.