PDA

View Full Version : Vic Carucci on Siruis tonight

jpdex12
03-13-2007, 09:55 PM
I didn't catch if this was a replay and I was only able to catch part of it but Vic elaborated on how he feels Lynch will be our pick at #12 especially because of the coaching connections Marv had at Cal. I can't wait to hear PatM's negative comment on this...he dislikes Marv's moves but loves the Lynch pick at #12.

What is sad is that Marv has about 400 years of experience and has eaten, breathed and slept football longer than a lot of us have been alive but somehow he's a old moron to some of the Zoners. He has had one year to correct what is wrong at OBD and for some reason he is already doing a poor job to some of you! UnBILLievable!

Get a grip! The only thing that we can do is watch and see what happens. I am happy with our direction and can't wait to see the product we put on the field in 2007.

streetkings01
03-13-2007, 10:01 PM
I think Lynch is the perfect RB for our offense and would not be mad at all if we drafted Lynch at #12.

Bmax
03-13-2007, 11:06 PM
I just don't see us drafting him ....Look for the bills to Go Def in rd 1 and 2 then select a rb in rd 3.. Chris Henry, Antonio Pittman are guys to keep your eye on....

Bmax

Devin
03-13-2007, 11:40 PM
I just don't see us drafting him ....Look for the bills to Go Def in rd 1 and 2 then select a rb in rd 3.. Chris Henry, Antonio Pittman are guys to keep your eye on....

Bmax

I think they go D round 1 at least, probably round 2. I think Marv will be content to go RB late or not at all and wait til the 08 class.

HAMMER
03-14-2007, 01:43 AM
I think they go D round 1 at least, probably round 2. I think Marv will be content to go RB late or not at all and wait til the 08 class.

I don't think Marv waits until next year to take a back, I think it is no later than round 3 since we have 2 picks there. They will want someone to come in this year and grow with the rest of the offense. Big things in 08 for the Bills!

jamze132
03-14-2007, 03:41 AM
As nice as it would be to have Lynch, I think if I had my choice, I would rather take Patrick Willis at #12. But if Marv plans on taking Lynch at #12 and then trading back in to get Willis or Polsz, that would be great too!

LifetimeBillsFan
03-14-2007, 04:36 AM
Which group of players would you rather have:

Lynch
Alexander or Siler/Harris
Tyler/Mebane

or

Okoye or Branch/Willis
Alexander or Siler/Tyler
Leonard or Irons or Pittman (take your choice)

The question that the Bills have to ask themselves is: Is Lynch going to be that much better than the RB that they can get in Round 3 that it is worth passing on Okoye/Branch or Willis in the first round? It is quite possible, if not likely, that at least one and possibly two of this group of Okoye, Branch and Willis will still be on the board when the Bills' pick comes up at # 12. They have to decide whether Lynch is better than the RB they can get later by a greater margin than the DT or Willis is better than the DT or LB they would have to settle for later on (depending on which of those positions of need they choose to address first after taking Lynch).

Personally, I would rather take a DT, if possible, or Willis and settle for the RB that I can take in Round 3--especially if I can get Leonard there--rather than take Lynch at # 12 and have to settle for a lesser talent, particularly at DT, later on.

But, that's just my preference. What would yours be?

tampabay25690
03-14-2007, 07:24 AM
I don't think Marv waits until next year to take a back, I think it is no later than round 3 since we have 2 picks there. They will want someone to come in this year and grow with the rest of the offense. Big things in 08 for the Bills!

Dont be surprised if the Bills move up in the draft with possibly there 3rds or 2nd and get 2 1st rounders.....

Earthquake Enyart
03-14-2007, 07:25 AM
I would be surprised. We need more picks, not fewer.

I would not be surprised to see them trade down for more.

Kenny
03-14-2007, 07:26 AM
Which group of players would you rather have:

Lynch
Alexander or Siler/Harris
Tyler/Mebane

or

Okoye or Branch/Willis
Alexander or Siler/Tyler
Leonard or Irons or Pittman (take your choice)

Definately the second option for me. Though I wouldnt be terribly upset with getting Lynch, I'd much rather go with the bigger need of Willis and then Okoye with the #12 pick.

Dont get me wrong... I think Lynch will be a decent back in the pros, but his impact as a rookie running back wont be very drastic. And it's not like we're getting a chance to draft a once in a lifetime talent or anything. He's not Reggie Bush.

And Im a big fan of Irons... He has alot of promise in his Junior year, and crashed last year. I'd be happy if we gave him a shot.

patmoran2006
03-14-2007, 07:47 AM
you do realize its 2007 right? Big things for the Bills in 2008, and its March of 2007.

That's buffalo bills football for ya.. Wait til next year!! again

BS

Gunzlingr
03-14-2007, 07:51 AM
I missed the A-Train interview last night, but did catch both Vic and Brian McGovern talking about how they love what the Bills have done thus far in the offseason.

Earthquake Enyart
03-14-2007, 08:15 AM
Vic has nice hair for radio. :up: