X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bmax
    • Aug 2003

Chris Henry to visit with Bills

According to Scout.com Chris Henry will be visiting with the Browns, Vikings, and Bills soon....

Of course Henry is the guy who blazed a 40 time of 4.3 at the combine...

Little or no production in college but an intresting prospect...

Bmax
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Re: Chris Henry to visit with Bills

Solidly built and fast but lack of production makes you wonder. Definitley worth a late 3rd or 4th round pick.

Comment

• camelcowboy
      • Mar 2005

A project to say the least

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

I have mixed feelings about it but Draftboy makes a good point. His lack of production is deceptive, when he did play he was productive.

Could be a great ST'er.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• jamesiscool
          suck it fool.
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Devin

Could be a great ST'er.
          cuz we dont have enuff AWESOME special teams players lol. o well. looks like while have the best special teams in the nfl again.now if the other 2 phases of the game could just fall into place....

James
          Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Aug 2004

I say that this is a smokescreen, just like before last year's draft when the Bills brought in guys that they had no intention of drafting to take attention away from what they were really planning to do. I think the Bills already have a RB on their radar screen--possibly Lynch, possibly someone else--that they are looking to bring in to perhaps not replace McGahee, but fill his spot.

With A.Thomas in the fold, there is no pressure on the Bills to bring in a RB that will start from Day One--A.Thomas can do that until a rookie is ready to step into the starter's role a third or halfway into the season. Thomas is a good pass-blocker and pass-blocking is usually the biggest weakness that rookie RBs have coming into the NFL, so, if the Bills draft a RB, I'd expect to see a lot of A-Train early on, especially in passing situations or when they are trying to set up a long pass later in a given possession. Other than, perhaps, Adrian Peterson, I don't see any RB in this draft stepping in and being asked to be "The Man" right away--so, unless Peterson falls to the Bills, which I doubt will happen, I would expect the Bills to go with a RB-by-committee approach this season: it worked for Indy and Chicago as well as some of the other top teams last year, so, even though fantasy footballers will hate it, why not for the Bills?
            Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Bmax
              According to Scout.com Chris Henry will be visiting with the Browns, Vikings, and Bills soon....

Of course Henry is the guy who blazed a 40 time of 4.3 at the combine...

Little or no production in college but an intresting prospect...

Bmax
              Must be were having Michael Johnson and Griffith-Joyner visit as well.

Speed kills, but not if you cant get past the line of scrimmage.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                H to the 12:20
                • Jul 2002

Weaknesses:
                Does not have much starting experience and he never carried the load...Was not very productive at all in college...Not overly tough or aggressive...A questionable motor...May have character concerns...Runs too high...Impatient runner...He's not shifty or elusive...Sub par blocker...Doesn't play up to those great physical tools.

Notes:
                Classic workout warrior who "Looks like Tarzan, Plays like Jane"...Has all of the physical tools you look for but to this point has been an underachiever...Entered the draft after his junior year despite a less than impressive on-field resume...He will likely get picked much higher than his production would indicate thanks to the show he put on at the Combine but it will be based almost solely on his potential.
                Aside from the good workout, sounds like a second day guy to me (or undrafted). But of course the ever impressive workouts will rocket him up the boards.

Comment

• Jersey1031
                  • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Jeff1220
                  Aside from the good workout, sounds like a second day guy to me (or undrafted).
                  "Looks like Tarzan, Plays like Jane"

I'd agree after that note...hah
                  "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

I'd rather have someone that showed something in 2006, like Jackson of Nebraska.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                      While we talk about his lack of production lets look at the carries he did get and not just the overall results bc those tell a different story imo.

BYU-13 carries, 76 yards
                      LSU-6 carries, 8 yards
                      SFAU-0 carries, 0 yards
                      USC-2 carries, -8 yards
                      UW-5 carries, 28 yards
                      UCLA-9 carries, 17 yards
                      Stanford-16 carries, 94 yards, 1 TD
                      Oregon St-9 carries, 25 yards
                      Washington St-35 carries, 110 yards, 2 TD
                      Cal-25 carries, 57 yards, 2 TD
                      Oregon-29 carries, 204 yards, 2 TD
                      Arizona St.-16 carries, 49 yards

This shows me that when Henry is given the oppurtunity via carries he produces. He dominanted Oregon, and getting 7TD's in 6 weeks isnt bad either.

Again I reiterate, his lack of production is not bc he cant do it, but rather bc he wasnt given the oppurtunity. When he was given carries last year he produced. I do not believe he is only a work out warrior. Any RB needs carries to really get going.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Talk0fNewYork
                        ~ I Can't Feel My Face ~
                        • Jan 2007

He had an awesome game against Oregon.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                          • Jul 2005

Again I reiterate, his lack of production is not bc he cant do it, but rather bc he wasnt given the oppurtunity. When he was given carries last year he produced. I do not believe he is only a work out warrior. Any RB needs carries to really get going.
                          My question is why wasn't he getting the carries? Was there another back he split with?
                          Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
                            My question is why wasn't he getting the carries? Was there another back he split with?

Yes he split carries to begin the season with Chris Jennings, he finished with 105 total carries to Henry's 165, it wasnt until late in the year that Henry really started to get alot of carries and thats when his stats took off.
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• EDS
                              • Jan 2003

Yes he split carries to begin the season with Chris Jennings, he finished with 105 total carries to Henry's 165, it wasnt until late in the year that Henry really started to get alot of carries and thats when his stats took off.
                              He seemed to have one really excellent game, three solid games and then lots of unproductive games.

I did not like the scouting report that someone posted about him running high and lacking wiggle. Never seen him play though.

Comment

Working...
                              X